24/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    77d 12h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    59m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    Ooh the water thing is a good idea. When I lived with a flatmate who had a cat, with water bowls and everything, I noticed it still kept herding me to the bathroom sink for water whenever it was on my side of the flat. I'll definitely keep that in mind! I'm thinking I'll get one of those fancy faucet-ish water bowls for a main area and scatter a bunch of tiny regular bowls throughout.

And lol, I'm soooo excited. My instagram is not gonna hear the last of me once I've adopted my kitten!

Thanks for the really good tips, I appreciate it~

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Aaaaaaa ragdolls are SOO CUTE
    I'm planning on it being an indoor cat! I'd just get too anxious knowing it's outside without me ;w;
    Ooh, I'm really intrigued by the Oz Pet sieve tray/biodegradable pellets. One thing I'm worried about is the smell but if cats smell anything like dogs it should be fine. Loool
    How do you deal with cat hair? I suspect I'm mildly allergic, but I don't know if that's just dust or the actual hair themselves.
    Keeping cats entertained with hiding places and forts seems to be a common theme from things I've read online. They really need that mental stimulation! I'll try my best to construct something similar in my tiny apartment

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Thank you <3 <3
    Wow, she's old! I've only ever had experiences with aloof cats, so it seems like such a DREAM to have a snuggly cat, but I think it's just because they may be more affectionate with their owner than strangers I can't wait to have a cuddlebug~
    Yes I've had her all my life basically we grew up together! Cats cuddle just on their own time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Politoed For This Useful Post:

Maki (11-14-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    339 times
    Time Online
    79d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 7m
    This may also be relevant to you in the near future:

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fabulous For This Useful Post:

Gato (01-07-2020),MadameNova (01-28-2020),Maki (11-14-2019),PabstBlueRibbon (01-06-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    93d 20h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Congrats!!! Cats are the best, I should know I'm a cat daddy ^^

...why is it instantly gross when I write that down lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Maki (11-14-2019)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    @(you need an account to see links) Ooooh!! Thanks for the heads up about male cats vs female cats. I had a feeling that was a trend for some reason I was thinking of keeping kitty in my room for bedtime hopefully it doesnt get too bored waiting for me to wake up haha. I appreciate it! I will definitely reach out if I have any questions as I raise it - you're real helpful <3[COLOR="Silver"]
    @(you need an account to see links) Omg but chatty cats are SOOOO CUTEEE I hope I have one omggsrgdrthtyj
    @(you need an account to see links) Thank you!!! Lol anything "X daddy" is just ruined for me forever yikes

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

Chibicat (11-14-2019),Erik. (11-14-2019),Fabulous (11-15-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Congrats on your bundle of fluffy toe annihilation! Kittens are insanely rambunctious and sweet and naughty in a way that puppies aren't and it's delightful. Everyone's already covered all the basics, but I would warn that your toes turn to toys in the middle of the night when any movement from you in an invitation to play, be pet or get fed.

Our cat is not almost 14, and he is very, very sweet and soft and cuddly AND SO CHATTY MY GOD HE NEVER SHUTS UP HE ALWAYS HAS SOMETHING TO SAY we love him a lot.

(you need an account to see links)

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Koto For This Useful Post:

Maki (11-14-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    8d N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Like everyone has said, you are going to be just fine. Kittens are a lot of fun. They are also super silly and entertaining. You are going to have a blast. And cats can be very independent little creatures as well. I have had cats all throughout life. My cat now likes to be near everyone. She gets crazy once to twice a day and does zoomies with my pug, the rest of the day she generally hisses or scratches at my pug lol. Don't over think it, you will be just fine. Kitties are fun, you will get a lot of loves and fluffs with your new furbaby! Congrats!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashen For This Useful Post:

Maki (11-14-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    My little puss puss as a kitten <3

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chibicat For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (11-15-2019),Maki (11-15-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm a huge cat person!!
    The advice in this thread is great.
    One thing I'd like to say is make sure you get places for the cat to scratch, or else they will scratch inappropriately. Start clipping their nails as kittens and it'll be a lot easier.
    My cats let me flip them on their back and clip all their nails no hassle, since they know they'll be getting snax after.
    Also there is little evidence suggesting that feliway actually makes a difference. My vet highly praised it but I didn't notice any benefits and after researching it, it appears it's a waste of money.
    Also make sure your nic nacs are out of reach. They will be knocked off the shelf.
    One last thing, watch out with candles
    One of my cats leaves them alone, the other will stick his face in and singe his fur. So I've stopped lighting candles unless I'm directly next to it and making sure dummy doesn't catch himself on fire.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kale For This Useful Post:

MadameNova (01-28-2020),Maki (11-15-2019)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    @(you need an account to see links) lol! I feel like female cats are way moodier

@(you need an account to see links) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm literally MELTING NOOOOOOOoooooOOoo her coloration is to. die. for!!! I kinda wanna draw her ;o;

@(you need an account to see links) ooohhh very, very good advice! Thankfully I've worked in a lab with dogs and cats before so I have a good sense of how to hold them when clipping their nails! I do intend on having them be super conditioned to it since I know clipping nails can be a sore spot for many animals. Oh god, I also have way too many knick knacks and candles haha it'll definitely be a tiny bit of a lifestyle change. Also, how would one be able to tell the cat "here you can only scratch on this scratching post"? Or is it something they pick up on their own, like the litter box?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    93d 20h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) lol! I feel like female cats are way moodier

@(you need an account to see links) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm literally MELTING NOOOOOOOoooooOOoo her coloration is to. die. for!!! I kinda wanna draw her ;o;

@(you need an account to see links) ooohhh very, very good advice! Thankfully I've worked in a lab with dogs and cats before so I have a good sense of how to hold them when clipping their nails! I do intend on having them be super conditioned to it since I know clipping nails can be a sore spot for many animals. Oh god, I also have way too many knick knacks and candles haha it'll definitely be a tiny bit of a lifestyle change. Also, how would one be able to tell the cat "here you can only scratch on this scratching post"? Or is it something they pick up on their own, like the litter box?
    Cats love scratching posts so no worries! Just gotta make sure they're firmly attached to something (except with poles of course) because mine will drag the whole thing across the floor.