15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Meal Prepping

Can anyone give me some advice on what you meal prep with? Does anyone in here actually count their macros and work out? Thanks! I'm just getting into it and would like help

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    I do pseudo meal prep! I have a limited amount of portable things I eat during the week, and I portion them out at the beginning. For instance, I make my own trail mix, so on Sunday night, I mix it up and then divide it into baggies or boxes so that each morning, I just grab and go. I buy individual packets of beef jerky (1 oz, not the regular 3 oz), but if I buy larger ones, I divide that up into baggies too. I lift, so I try to take in as much protein as I can, but what really helps me is counting my calories. (I also find that counting the calories is easier when I know exactly what I'm eating - e.g. the trail mix or the beef jerky).

Good luck!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (11-10-2019),Fabulous (11-09-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    339 times
    Time Online
    79d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 7m
    (you need an account to see links)

Tons of great recipe ideas! I use MyFitnessPal (the paid version) to track macros. My partner and I are both lifters. There's other fitness subs I love but maybe I'll pm u lest I start looking like a shill for Big Reddit

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fabulous For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (11-10-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I don’t meal prep per say, but I’m currently doing a version of the keto diet. Basically it’s a 1-month only diet, where you eat protein and fats but little to no carbs/milk/sugar. So I live off omelettes/scrambled eggs, chicken breast, sugar free yoghurt, strawberries, blueberries, mixed vegetables (no potato), bun-less burgers etc.
    It’s pretty hard but the weight loss has been fast and seeing the reward helps. Also knowing there’s an end in site helps!
    Prepping meals is great so you say in track with healthy eating. Unless you’re doing it just to be organised

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chibicat For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (11-10-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    19d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I practice flexible dieting with macros and meal prep with a scale. The scale is keyyyy if youre macro counting. Eyeballing isnt sufficient.

Easy recipes are ground chicken/turkey/beef, veggies and a sauce. You can turn that base into mexican bowls, thai bowls, curry bowls, italian bowls, Mediterranean bowls, etc.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (11-10-2019)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    thank you everyone for the advice! im a terrible terrible and lazy person. i do not count for the life of me. so ill need to take in this and actually jump start my arse. ill message everyone with follow up questions but i do believe i have the just in mind. currently im eating really healthy but im pretty much eyeballing like rosie said. im def eating lean and healthy like chibicat but i do not drink enough water. thank all i really appreciate it look out for some future messages!