Thread: CTRL+ backspace deletes word by word & other KB shortcuts you didn't know about

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

CTRL+ backspace deletes word by word & other KB shortcuts you didn't know about

I feel like this has changed me as a person tbh.. I was just browsing the interwebz and I found this out so I decided to look up a full list and was so surprised by all the shortcuts I found. I thought I would make a list in case there were some you didn't know! These are all for WINDOWS, I do not know much about Mac but I will add those too if I can find them.

Basic Shortcuts:

• CRTL+backspace - delete by word
    • ALT+backspace - delete by line
    • Ctrl + A: Select all items in a window.
    • Ctrl + C or Ctrl + Insert: Copy selected or highlighted item (e.g. text, images and so on).
    • Ctrl + V or Shift + Insert: Paste selected or highlighted item.
    • Ctrl + X: Cut selected or highlighted item.
    • Ctrl + Z: Undo previous action.
    • Ctrl + Y: Redo action.
    • Ctrl + N: When File Explorer is your current window, open a new File Explorer window with the same folder path as the current window.
    • Windows key + F1: Open "how to get help in Windows 10" Bing search in default browser.
    • Alt + F4: Close the current app or window.
    • Alt + Tab: Switch between open apps or windows.
    • Shift + Delete: Delete selected item permanently (skip the Recycle Bin).

Windows Shortcuts:

• Windows key or Ctrl + Esc: Open Start menu.
    • Windows key + X: Open the (you need an account to see links).
    • Windows key + T: Cycle through the apps (including pinned apps) on the taskbar.
    • Windows key + [Number]: Open the app pinned in the [number] position on the taskbar. For example, if you have Edge pinned in the first position on the taskbar and you click
    • Windows key + 1, Edge will open. If the app is already open, a new instance or window will open.
    • Windows key + Alt + [Number]: Open the right-click menu for the app pinned in the [number] position on the taskbar.
    • Windows key + D: Show or hide desktop (Windows key + , will display the desktop briefly).

Start Menu/Taskbar/Desktop Shortcuts:

• Windows key + M: Minimize all open windows.
    • Windows key + Shift + M: Restore minimized windows.
    • Windows key + Home: Minimize all windows except the selected or currently active window.
    • Windows key + Up arrow: Maximize selected window.
    • Windows key + Shift + Up arrow: Maximizes the active window vertically while maintaining its width.
    • Windows key + Down arrow: Minimize selected window.
    • Windows key + Left arrow or Right arrow: Snap selected window to the left or right half of the screen. (If the window is already there, Windows key + Up or Down will snap it into a quadrant.)
    • Windows key + Shift + Left arrow or Right arrow: Move selected window to the left or right monitor.
    • Windows key + Tab: Open Task view ((you need an account to see links)).
    • Windows key + Ctrl + D: Add new virtual desktop.
    • Windows key + Ctrl + Right arrow: Move to the next virtual desktop (to the right).
    • Windows key + Ctrl + Left arrow: Move to the previous virtual desktop (to the left).
    • Windows key + Ctrl + F4: Close current virtual desktop.

Windows Hotkey Shortcuts:

Shortcuts used within the Command Prompt window:

• Ctrl + C or Ctrl + Insert: Copy selected text to the clipboard.
    • Ctrl + V or Shift + Insert: Paste copied text inside the Command Prompt.
    • Ctrl + A: Select all text on current line. (If current line has no text, all text inside the Command Prompt will be selected.)
    • Ctrl + Up or Down: Move screen one line up or down.
    • Ctrl + F: Search Command Prompt via Find window.
    • Ctrl + M: Enter Mark mode (allows you to select text with mouse). Once Mark mode is enabled, you can use the arrow keys to move the cursor around.
    • Shift + Up or Down: Move cursor up or down one line and select text.
    • Shift + Left or Right: Move cursor left or right one character and select text.
    • Ctrl + Shift + Left or Right: Move cursor left or right one word and select text.
    • Shift + Page Up or Page Down: Move cursor up or down one screen and select text.
    • Shift + Home or End: Move cursor to beginning or end of current line and select text.
    • Ctrl + Shift + Home/End: Move cursor to beginning or end of screen buffer and select text and beginning or end of Command Prompt's output.

I hope this helped someone find a useful shortcut they didn't know they needed! Enjoy guys!

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Lmao you totally saw this on reddit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Yes, I did and it made em look the others up and thought they would be useful to folks here.. why was it moved to the spam section? it's technology related no one will see it here