Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What scary movie still haunts you?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 15h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've never scared of watching scary movie, heck i love it even. Been watch a lot of it with my wife lately. But there is one scary movie that i really want to watch but dont have the guts to watch it. The title is Siccin. Heard that movie really use the real incantation and the thing may come to you because of the movie. Well, i may not scared of the movie but i believe ghost is exist.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 5h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    The original IT when he appears in the drain looking up. It scared me so much and I actually like clowns.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    The Strangers.
    The fact that it could really happen was the freakiest part. Crazy people are out there o.o

But pretty much any scary movie with great sound design ends me. I think that makes up a solid chunk of the fear factor.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15d 10h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    @(you need an account to see links) "The fact that it could really happen was the freakiest part. Crazy people are out there o.o" THAT !!

which is why 6th sense gets me aaahhh. only YOU see dead people yikes.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 17h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    An old 1991 film called "Ernest Scared Stupid" became the source of my irrational fear of the dark. Stupid troll in that movie, always lurking in the shadows. I had night terrors about that movie all through childhood.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    23h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Children of the fucking Corn. Parents made me watch that when I was a kid and it ruined scary movies for me to this day

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    There was this documentary-style (mockumentary?) movie called Noroi (means curse in Japanese). My club organized a film screening of this back in high school. Because it was shot relatively realistically, it really left an impression on me.

To a lesser extent, not a movie but The Haunting of Hill House. Not the main story, but the fact that you can see other ghosts just in the background. Good lord.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    12h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Oh man, I got drunk some years ago and watched Mirrors and it was hilarious, but I know watching scary movies as a kid effects you differently! I watched Salems Lot when I was eight. It messed me up for years. I went back to watch it as an adult and OMG it is terrible XD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    9d 23h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m

I have 3 movies that still haunt me, the first one is the Orphan (2009) and is about a husband and wife who recently lost their baby and adopt a 9-year-old girl who is not nearly as innocent as she claims to be. The second movie is Splice (2009 also) and its about a genetic engineers that hope to achieve fame by successfully splicing together the DNA of different animals to create new hybrid animals for medical use. The third one is The Hole (2001) and is about four teenagers at a British private school secretly uncovering and exploring the depths of a sealed underground hole created decades ago as a possible bomb shelter.

I have seen plenty of horror movies in my life and I wonder what makes a horror movie really horrible haha, I guess that all the movies that have some psychological impact on the viewer? The movies that concentrate on blood and nasty stuff don't ever get to me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Identity (2003 i think?). I was like 12 when I saw it with some cousins. They made me look away at some gory scenes but the whole concept of the movie kinda f...ed me up. I did rewatch it as an adult when I was more used to horror movies and it was strangely easy to watch. I just wasn't ready for it yet I guess But it made me question how many identities live in my own brain lol