Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What scary movie still haunts you?

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    For some reason I'm still shook by "Signs" and "Knowing".

I think the former is actually because my dad forced me to watch it. Literally pulled my hands away from my face to make sure I saw the aliens (to prove they weren't scary). Well thanks dad, all that did is ensure I'd be afraid of it forever. The jump-scares in that were just not cool ok.

The latter...idk was just too creepy and just off. Idk just thinking about it now makes my skin crawl.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

Forever (10-11-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post

I think the former is actually because my dad forced me to watch it. Literally pulled my hands away from my face to make sure I saw the aliens (to prove they weren't scary). Well thanks dad, all that did is ensure I'd be afraid of it forever. The jump-scares in that were just not cool ok.

The latter...idk was just too creepy and just off. Idk just thinking about it now makes my skin crawl.
    I am DEATHLY afraid of greys (aliens) thanks to X-Flies - and Signs really freaks me out.

Also, speaking of Shyamalan The Village continues to be SPOOKY AS HECK.

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Koto For This Useful Post:

Crow (09-10-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post

Signs is the oldest horror movie I remember watching, and it was the same for me too! I was in like elementary school and my dad made me watch it with him. Back then, I didn't know that I was afraid & I rewatched that shit like multiple times lol. Alien movies don't really creep me out these days, but I was scared shitless back then!
    Custom userbar/avvie by the lovely @(you need an account to see links)

Beautiful starbirb Ryu, Meteion, by the talented @(you need an account to see links)!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dasvidaniya For This Useful Post:

Crow (09-10-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Hereditary was the last one that really had an impact on me, before that it was Raw (incredible movie tbh) and then Pontypool which is over a decade old now :x I really want to see Midsommar but it's still not out here.

Haunting of Hill House was really good, though it didn't really manage to scare me a whole lot. I've gotta give The Village a watch, one of those I've always meant to see but keep forgetting about.

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    The visit.....
    It haunts me because of the poop scene

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Horror movies are my shiiiiit! Spoiler just because this is a long story.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nessav View Post
    I've stopped watching horror movies because I realized a while ago that they affect me profoundly lol. I used to watch them all the time growing up, up until the end of college, when I realized that the reason I'm legitimately afraid of the dark is because of all the supernatural shit I've seen in horror movies. I'm afraid of the dark because I'm afraid of what's hiding when I can't see it, I can't close my eyes in the shower for the same reason & because of movies like The Grudge. I don't sleep with my door open because my eyes are drawn to the hallway and I'm paranoid of seeing something moving when it shouldn't, like Paranormal Activity... Mirrors in the dark make me uneasy too (Bloody Mary type shit)... My worst nightmare would be the power going out while I'm in the middle of taking a shower lol.

It's mostly supernatural/paranormal movies that I avoid though, with ghosts and monsters and stuff. I'm totally fine with suspense/thrillers that involve normal human shit like serial killers, home invasions, kidnappings, gore/violence, etc. Those aren't scary and for some reason I'm not really worried about scary humans. It's mostly the Grudges, Ring, Its, Babadooks, etc of the cinematic universe that psych me the fuck out.
    I also can't close my eyes in the shower because of a story I read awhile back on reddit's nosleep forum. :3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddammit View Post
    I also can't close my eyes in the shower because of a story I read awhile back on reddit's nosleep forum. :3
    I love r/nosleep! I listen to their podcast sometimes during long car rides I've heard some pretty crazy stories on there and I'm always so impressed by the writers' imaginations...
    Custom userbar/avvie by the lovely @(you need an account to see links)

Beautiful starbirb Ryu, Meteion, by the talented @(you need an account to see links)!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dasvidaniya For This Useful Post:

Goddammit (09-10-2019)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    93d 23h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    The Shining and The Thing.... I saw the former when I was way too young, around 12 I think. I -still- (kinda ashamed to say it) sometimes dream of it. I don't know which is more terrifying, the woman in the bathtub and the endless fucking hallways with nasty 70s wallpaper, or the scary as fuck soundtrack. The Thing is scary because it looks a lot realer than modern CGI movies, even though most people would disagree, but I find the 'wet' and bright look of prosthetics that much scarier than clean CGI. And that freakishly bone-chilling scream the Thing makes before it gets roasted.... f-fuck......

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Rush View Post
    The last movie I remember that really got stuck in my head was Mirrors. There's only one mirror in my entire house (the bathroom mirror), and as a grown ass adult, I still go out of my way to avoid catching a glimpse of it in the dark. There's just something about it that never fails to give me that nervous butterfly feeling in my stomach. Even in other horror movies, having something reflected in a mirror acts as like a scare multiplier for me. LOL.
    Mirrors has such a sad ending. Much like Room 237

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Sugar Rush (09-12-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    23d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    omfg I love scary movies. Sometimes if I don't finish the movie and leave off somewhere in the middle though, I get a little freaked out. :p Last time I can remember that happening was with The Exorcist. old movie, not really scary this day and age... But I didn't finish it okay. xD

Now I just finish what I start xD I'm normally more of a critic. All time favorite is Sinister. Cool plot and well done. #2 sucked... I liked Insidious too but they lost me with the demon that looked like darth maul; couldn't do it xD I think there was a lot of potential for those movies too and they kind of fell short

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    77 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I really enjoy King�s novels and the movie adaptation of The Shining was definitely not a let down (unlike some of the newer reboots, looking at you Pet Sematary > )
    The cinematography really helped to set the moods and really captured that feeling of being alone on a large property but being unable to shrug off the feeling that you�re not alone. Something I myself am super paranoid about.

The original Susperia was also pretty freaky when I first watched it. The art direction for it was so captivating and the way it made use of shapes, patterns, and shadows added a lot of uneasiness for me when I watched it.

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle was unsettling to me as well.

@(you need an account to see links)
    I loved The Thing, especially the psychological aspect of it - not being able to trust one another while also having to deal with the physical creature itself. Super thrilling!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Furina For This Useful Post:

Erik. (09-12-2019)