Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What scary movie still haunts you?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

What scary movie still haunts you?

Is there a scary movie you have seen that has stayed with you and maybe even still impacts you? I generally do not like scary movies lol.
    When I was younger I saw a movie about mirrors, and how demons or something live in an alternate world inside of them. Mirrors still freak me out when its dark lol. I wont look in them, because a demon might grab me in and switch places with me...

Also the movie that mentally scarred me the most was the human centipede. It makes me want to peel off all my skin and throw up every time i think about it, even years later. anytime the word 'centipede' comes up, it makes me think of that movie. which is more often than one would imagine

So, it just makes me wonder if anyone else has been impacted in any weird ways from a scary movie??

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CopycatNinja For This Useful Post:

Cherry Soul (09-09-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (09-09-2019),Sugar Rush (09-12-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    74/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Oh, wow xD
    I came here thinking about a movie about a haunted mirror - called Occulus. I love scary movies/thrillers/ especially psychological thrillers. Which Occulus kind of was, the demon in the mirror confuses people and you don't really know what's actually happening lol. It scared me for sure! Mirrors have always sort of creeped me out.

One movie that always creeped me out though was The Shining.. I think mainly because I was so young when I watched it but I loved it at the same time haha. But it always creeped me out when that ghoul comes out of the bathroom.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    19d 1h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Okay two parts of The Gallows really stuck with me - when

of all the scary movies, these two scenes are the ones that have stayed in my mind the most haha.

Also I promised my parents I was mature enough to watch Charmed without being scared when I was 8 or so.. and I now hate having my back to doorways. When I was younger it was because I was scared I was gonna get stabbed in the back by a demon. Now I just get heebie jeebies lmao
    Last edited by rio; 09-09-2019 at 06:10 AM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I've stopped watching horror movies because I realized a while ago that they affect me profoundly lol. I used to watch them all the time growing up, up until the end of college, when I realized that the reason I'm legitimately afraid of the dark is because of all the supernatural shit I've seen in horror movies. I'm afraid of the dark because I'm afraid of what's hiding when I can't see it, I can't close my eyes in the shower for the same reason & because of movies like The Grudge. I don't sleep with my door open because my eyes are drawn to the hallway and I'm paranoid of seeing something moving when it shouldn't, like Paranormal Activity... Mirrors in the dark make me uneasy too (Bloody Mary type shit)... My worst nightmare would be the power going out while I'm in the middle of taking a shower lol.

It's mostly supernatural/paranormal movies that I avoid though, with ghosts and monsters and stuff. I'm totally fine with suspense/thrillers that involve normal human shit like serial killers, home invasions, kidnappings, gore/violence, etc. Those aren't scary and for some reason I'm not really worried about scary humans. It's mostly the Grudges, Ring, Its, Babadooks, etc of the cinematic universe that psych me the fuck out.
    Custom userbar/avvie by the lovely @(you need an account to see links)

Beautiful starbirb Ryu, Meteion, by the talented @(you need an account to see links)!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dasvidaniya For This Useful Post:

Cherry Soul (09-09-2019),Pinecone (09-10-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (09-09-2019),Sugar Rush (09-09-2019)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    85d 6h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    I'll say chuky for real, I was brave enough to watch that movie just now as an adult

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dono For This Useful Post:

Goddammit (09-10-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    281d 21h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 22m

Wink

When I was a kid there was only one movie that scared me and it's The Exorcist. I saw lots of horror movies, but only this one really creeped me out. I remember being afraid all the time for around 3 months, I would hate to be alone, I had this feeling of being watched all the time, it was really bad.

But after that, it seems like I got over it but not really: since that time (around 13 years ago) I wasn't satisfied as I wanted to find the truth on all that, I continued watching horror movies, and then real horror documentaries, like paranormal witness, ghost hunters, I became obsessed with anything related with spirits, and you know what, the reality is much creepier than any movies we watch, of course there is no way to say all the things are true, but if it is, oh well...

So although I enjoy horror movies, they don't scare me anymore as now I am slowly becoming insane with "real documentaries" and I just accepted all that like "oh well okay these things exists, and they are here no matter if I believe, if I am afraid, or not, so". Every single day I search for spirit related things and currently I am watching and reading about some Brazilian religions which basically summon spirits to help themselves and others.

Summing up, I wish I never wanted to know about these things lol
    Last edited by Cherry Soul; 09-09-2019 at 09:54 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherry Soul For This Useful Post:

Erik. (09-11-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    'I spit on your grave' was pretty brutal, Devil's Rejects by rob zombie was pretty nasty too, the whole motel scene stuck with me

i cant recieve private messages on here im not ignoring u

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milly For This Useful Post:

Crow (09-09-2019),Goddammit (09-10-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    The Haunting of Hill House did a number on me. And because of the psychological aspect, I thought "Oh, nbd, this series is CHILL" while watching it. It was only AFTER the fact, and breaking it down after finishing every episode that I would start to get really, really spooked.

I still randomly scare myself if I start to think about it past 5pm on any given day.

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Koto For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Haunting of Hill House is one of my favorites, I love the way it went like psychological and not just jump scare gore. I cannot wait to see what the creators do with the "sequel," which is going to be based on a totally different novel but feature some of the same cast.

The most recent one I can think of that really got under my skin was Hereditary. That movie is twisted, Toni Collette is brilliant, and it was a total mindboggler on top of being SO creepy. If you like to be scared it's worth a watch, but there's some disturbing imagery if you are sensitive to that kind of thing.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

Goddammit (09-10-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    22d 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    The last movie I remember that really got stuck in my head was Mirrors. There's only one mirror in my entire house (the bathroom mirror), and as a grown ass adult, I still go out of my way to avoid catching a glimpse of it in the dark. There's just something about it that never fails to give me that nervous butterfly feeling in my stomach. Even in other horror movies, having something reflected in a mirror acts as like a scare multiplier for me. LOL.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sugar Rush For This Useful Post:

Erik. (09-11-2019)