13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    You're asking us to speculate on something that is in the process of being implemented, @(you need an account to see links). This is exactly why we didn't elaborate on our talking points - we don't know yet. There are a lot of rumors circulating, and it would be foolhardy for us to weigh in on this situation while the Neopets site is changing. It's up to your personal discretion whether or not you'd like to continue using scripts during this transition. As I said before: stay safe!
    I just meant that the user who mentioned she messaged Joe said he said we should worry. I didn't know if any of you knew about cloudfire and their features/what it does in terms of detecting scripts, or maybe when they began tracking them. I know it is still being implemented. People on here, especially the mods, are an impressive wealth of information. Y'all can figure out anything it's crazy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

Crow (09-14-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    In all reality, we could be looking at the biggest troll TNT ever threw in the salad guys..

They might have fixed things and looking to create a huge "Fuck you" to the community at large that's bashed them for the past decade for being inept coding and software designers...

I reallly enjoyed the chat in the BD chat where we told TNt there was zero excuse for their shitty work ethic, when their site bred MILLIONS of coders more adept at their job than them.

One person said, "you wouldn't have to patch your games, and site, so much if you would do it right the first time"

"hire the hackers...they obviously know better than any one of you Meepits" <--favourite
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SomeClown For This Useful Post:

Crow (09-14-2019)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Please don't assume or speculate anything. Just wait and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    I just meant that the user who mentioned she messaged Joe said he said we should worry. I didn't know if any of you knew about cloudfire and their features/what it does in terms of detecting scripts, or maybe when they began tracking them. I know it is still being implemented. People on here, especially the mods, are an impressive wealth of information. Y'all can figure out anything it's crazy.
    Concerned and worried are two different words......................

I did not say we should be worried.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

basmatirice (09-09-2019),Furina (09-09-2019),gera (09-09-2019),Goddammit (09-13-2019),Mama Bear (09-09-2019),Stardew (09-09-2019),xCarRadio (09-09-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    10d 11h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    I did not say worried, I said concerned. Worried implies panic. No need for that. I don�t want to put any words in Joe and Odd�s mouth.

Concerned is correct. No one knows what exactly this change means, yet. I want to re-iterate we all know the risk of using scripts and bots. To keep our accounts safe, the smartest thing to do at the moment is to not use them until more information can be gathered what the server change entails on the backend.
    Last edited by gera; 09-09-2019 at 11:56 AM.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gera For This Useful Post:

Corliss (09-14-2019),Gato (09-09-2019),Gremlin (09-09-2019),j03 (09-09-2019),Sakuras (09-09-2019),Stardew (09-09-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I don't really feel there is THAT much cause for concern..especially when the coders are set on just looking at the 0s and 1s once its all said and done
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    ^ Yeah I agree.

I figure TNT has been busy with plenty other things than punishing cHeAtErS lately. Like the whole mobile app and all that- I figure the server changing stuff has something to do with that.

You think you want ice cream. So you eat it. And then it's gone. But then you have a stomach ache. What you really want is a bowl of ice cream, that's never empty, and a stomach, that's never full. Well guess what. Life is a bowl that's never empty, and your spirit is a stomach that's never full. You got watcha want. LIFE

I just want to live my life like it's a Studio Ghibli film

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    138 times
    Time Online
    59d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    We don't really know yet what's going on or how effective this Cloudflare will be at picking up whether or not we're using scripts and bots.

I feel like the best thing to do here is just to wait it out, guys. Give everyone the time to figure out what's going on and how "bad" it is. It's up to our own discretion to decide to bot on accounts or not. Personally, I'm gonna refrain from botting until we have more information.

Speculation isn't gonna help here. Waiting is.

🌜 ALL YOUR STARDROP ARE BELONG TO ME ⭐✨
    hatched as drake: 01.11.2021

Guides by me: (you need an account to see links) | (you need an account to see links)

ty Dita ♥

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stardew For This Useful Post:

kiara (09-10-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Current TNT is AWFUL at communication. This is like being in a toxic relationship; we're gluttons for the punishment and just keep coming back for more LOL.

How terrible would it have been for them to make some kind of announcement.
    "We're changing servers, you might notice weird shit going on, we're working on it."

I'm ranting now, but it goes along the same lines as:
    TNT: "Enter this contest VIA twitter or Facebook"
    Me: "Mentions twitter or Facebook on Neopets"
    TNT: Frozen bc you can't mention those awful words.

They need to clean up and get it together in general...

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

Autobot (09-09-2019),borotalco (09-09-2019),Botan (09-10-2019),Goddammit (09-13-2019),honeybadger (09-09-2019),kiara (09-10-2019),Pachirisu (09-10-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (09-09-2019),Sakuras (09-09-2019)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    I just don't understand why they are breaking their website with these changes. Extremely unprofessional, especially when they could be testing these changes on a test/development server before going live. These are standard practices.

At the same time, most of our programmers are still here so updates can be made. No one knows if this is entirely to track potential cheaters, which is not a great method to be using.

On the bright side, clraik is getting more traffic because the main game is messy at the moment.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Badger (09-11-2019),basmatirice (09-09-2019),Botan (09-10-2019),Cactolotl (09-09-2019),Corliss (09-14-2019),Goddammit (09-13-2019),kiara (09-10-2019),Mama Bear (09-09-2019),Pachirisu (09-10-2019),Pinecone (09-09-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (09-09-2019),xCarRadio (09-10-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Current TNT is AWFUL at communication. This is like being in a toxic relationship; we're gluttons for the punishment and just keep coming back for more LOL.

How terrible would it have been for them to make some kind of announcement.
    "We're changing servers, you might notice weird shit going on, we're working on it."

I'm ranting now, but it goes along the same lines as:
    TNT: "Enter this contest VIA twitter or Facebook"
    Me: "Mentions twitter or Facebook on Neopets"
    TNT: Frozen bc you can't mention those awful words.

They need to clean up and get it together in general...

^ Seriously. Would have been super easy to throw up even a minor message about changes and the site will be crap for however long.

Surely they aren't getting any new users, we're all sentimental nostalgic adults and even if they were getting new young children users on the site, those kids are all over the tik toks and the grams and twitters anyways No need to censor it.

I couldn't post something on neopets yesterday because I was talking about dough balls and BALLS is profanity.

You think you want ice cream. So you eat it. And then it's gone. But then you have a stomach ache. What you really want is a bowl of ice cream, that's never empty, and a stomach, that's never full. Well guess what. Life is a bowl that's never empty, and your spirit is a stomach that's never full. You got watcha want. LIFE

I just want to live my life like it's a Studio Ghibli film