20/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch View Post
    Omfg and i remember when jazz and his group of friends made that guild, o0ber, and everyone went absolutely nuts and wanted to join in, but they only let their small group in it for the most part. I remember being like 14 years old and having no other goals or aspirations in life other than getting into fucking o0ber. I remember that I used to chat with Brenna (username was brennaa i think?) on MSN messenger constantly, I became her friend for a while (which looking back, I dont understand why or how she managed to talk to me all the time - I think she was like 32 years old and engaged or some shit and I was a typical neo-obsessed middle schooler)

I wonder what happened to the few female members of Jazz’s posse from the early-mid 00’s. I wish I could remember details, but all I remember is that brennaa and neggyweggs/maria somehow got caught being catfish and using other people’s selfie photos on their userlookups/petpages/msn - and then im pretty sure that there was some controversy about jazz’s fiance(?) (cinfulgirl???) - something about them both lying about being engaged/living together/faking their wedding day? And that’s the last I remember of any of them after jazz got frozen twice.

Sorry for the ramble but PLEASE tell me you were around for all of that stuff~
    Not gonna lie, I missed that saga. However, I do remember all of the controversy surrounding him being frozen because he was found to be sharing an account with several different people, which he denied vehemently on the boards. I can remember him posting a PSA to defend himself but that account got iced midway through the board. Shit was wild! I remember feeling like I was part of the controversy lmao

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    6d 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Omfg and i remember when jazz and his group of friends made that guild, o0ber, and everyone went absolutely nuts and wanted to join in, but they only let their small group in it for the most part. I remember being like 14 years old and having no other goals or aspirations in life other than getting into fucking o0ber. I remember that I used to chat with Brenna (username was brennaa i think?) on MSN messenger constantly, I became her friend for a while (which looking back, I dont understand why or how she managed to talk to me all the time - I think she was like 32 years old and engaged or some shit and I was a typical neo-obsessed middle schooler)

I wonder what happened to the few female members of Jazz�s posse from the early-mid 00�s. I wish I could remember details, but all I remember is that brennaa and neggyweggs/maria somehow got caught being catfish and using other people�s selfie photos on their userlookups/petpages/msn - and then im pretty sure that there was some controversy about jazz�s fiance(?) (cinfulgirl???) - something about them both lying about being engaged/living together/faking their wedding day? And that�s the last I remember of any of them after jazz got frozen twice.

I was in o0ber at the same time as Jazz - I distinctly remember being too afraid of talking to him for fear of coming across as a noob lmao.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pug For This Useful Post:

Bakugo (12-08-2019),Forever (08-31-2019),nrv (09-09-2019),Sakuras (09-01-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    106/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    111d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by pooglemix View Post
    I was in o0ber at the same time as Jazz - I distinctly remember being too afraid of talking to him for fear of coming across as a noob lmao.
    Oh wow! I wonder if we knew eachother back in those days - howd you manage to get into o0ber?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    6d 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Oh wow! I wonder if we knew eachother back in those days - howd you manage to get into o0ber?
    Through a friend I'd known for a while without even realising she was in o0ber, hah. I asked about getting in and next thing I knew I was in a group chat with Amanda (the owner) and was told to ask her myself. This was all over MSN Messenger which I also miss dearly.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m

I wonder what happened to the few female members of Jazz�s posse from the early-mid 00�s. I wish I could remember details, but all I remember is that brennaa and neggyweggs/maria somehow got caught being catfish and using other people�s selfie photos on their userlookups/petpages/msn - and then im pretty sure that there was some controversy about jazz�s fiance(?) (cinfulgirl???) - something about them both lying about being engaged/living together/faking their wedding day? And that�s the last I remember of any of them after jazz got frozen twice.

I was similar, I worked hard to get into the elusive 'PEAS' guild. Can't remember what it stood for. hey Brennaa was one of my neofriends on my original account
    I cheatly so badly on that account, so unsafe. Back then you could neomail your passwords etc around. People in my guild did game avatars for each other, or you could lend the big 3 for 'commission' (they were hard to get back then). It was great.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chibicat For This Useful Post:

Bakugo (12-08-2019),FoolGirl (03-25-2020),Jesuslovescats (05-21-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    106/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    111d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorbet View Post
    I was similar, I worked hard to get into the elusive 'PEAS' guild. Can't remember what it stood for. hey Brennaa was one of my neofriends on my original account
    I cheatly so badly on that account, so unsafe. Back then you could neomail your passwords etc around. People in my guild did game avatars for each other, or you could lend the big 3 for 'commission' (they were hard to get back then). It was great.

Lmao woah, that just gave me a flashback to brennaa putting an “away” message status on her msn one day saying something like “brb, snowmunching for _____” - back when everyone logged into eachothers accounts to get game avatars and TNT didnt ever seem to care too much.

Okay but does anyone remember neggyweggs?? The chick named Maria who would post trying to be an avatar chat celebrity all the time and kept getting frozen for cheating - she finally eventually gave up and quit, or maybe just started going by a different identity or something ~ actually, if thats the case and you’re reading this, PM me, dude! We were friends for a while and I always wondered what happened to all my neofriends from ye olde days - I’ve reconnected with 2 of them in the past year or so; friends I hadn’t talked to in like 13-14 years. One of them actually said she’s still friends with Jazz on facebook or something, too. Hoping more old friends turn up one of these days if any of you guys were active in the Avatar Chat and also in avatar/neo related guilds back around 2003-2007, feel free to PM me on here or on discord to see if maybe we were buds!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    339 times
    Time Online
    79d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Lmao woah, that just gave me a flashback to brennaa putting an “away” message status on her msn one day saying something like “brb, snowmunching for _____” - back when everyone logged into eachothers accounts to g
    Okay but does anyone remember neggyweggs?? The chick named Maria who would post trying to be an avatar chat celebrity all the time and kept getting frozen for cheating - she finally eventually gave up and quit, or maybe just started going by a different identity or something ~ actually, if thats the case and you’re reading this, PM me, dude! We were friends for a while and I always wondered what happened to all my neofriends from ye olde days - I’ve reconnected with 2 of them in the past year or so; friends I hadn’t talked to in like 13-14 years. One of them actually said she’s still friends with Jazz on facebook or something, too. Hoping more old friends turn up one of these days if any of you guys were active in the Avatar Chat and also in avatar/neo related guilds back around 2003-2007, feel free to PM me on here or on discord to see if maybe we were buds!
    I totally remember neggyweggs. Haven't heard that name in years and years. She had a whole pink n girly account aesthetic going, pics of herself looking hot (not sure if real or fake) in that grainy 2003 webcam footage kinda way. In a later account she went chocolate or candy themed? She also had a (or was part of a) guild with extensive requirements and you had to submit a long application about yourself explaining why you were cool enough to join.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fabulous For This Useful Post:

Jesuslovescats (05-21-2023)

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolaloveloki View Post
    OMG yes! I remember!
    Back in the days, Neopets was translated in multiple languages (and updated). Now it's just sad and my community is gone.
    I used to practice my Spanish that way. I also met a ton of friends on the language boards and I felt really bad for them when that all poofed and a lot of their community disappeared.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    26d 7h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I'm not sure if anyone else here was involved in the Neopian Times community back circa 2003-2005, but it always makes me laugh when I recognize other people who work in media now as people I originally met in the NT writers' communities back then. There's one guy who I became NFs with back in 2004 who is a senior writer at a major entertainment magazine now.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lady Bird For This Useful Post:

Bakugo (12-08-2019),Crow (08-31-2019),Downwiththefritz (05-01-2020),gera (09-01-2019),♥ lagrima ♥ (09-13-2019),maya (12-09-2019),Pinecone (08-31-2019),Sakuras (09-01-2019)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,761 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by normcord View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else here was involved in the Neopian Times community back circa 2003-2005, but it always makes me laugh when I recognize other people who work in media now as people I originally met in the NT writers' communities back then. There's one guy who I became NFs with back in 2004 who is a senior writer at a major entertainment magazine now.
    I was! I drew Flash comics between 2002 and 2005, so I ended up hanging around with some artists in AIM chats back then. That was so much fun!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Downwiththefritz (05-01-2020)