25/0
    Mentioned
    153 times
    Time Online
    76d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

Looking for a way to use keyboard shortcuts in Flash games

Hi! I want to be able to press a button and have an entire word be outputted, so that I can do that over and over again throughout a game. I tried using some program called Clavier+, but while it worked to make shortcuts, I wasn't able to use them inside the Flash game. Is there any way to be able to do this? Thanks for any help!

Also tagging @(you need an account to see links) because you always seem to be able to help!

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    Hey, @(you need an account to see links)! What you're describing can be done with a (you need an account to see links). If you're particularly intrepid, you can code entire routines with some of these programs, however if you're just looking to send a sequence of keys, then you would want to look out for a program that accepts one keystroke, then types an entire string in reply.

Let me know if you're not able to find a decent fit for your problem. I built a hotkey program of my own to help with Flash games once upon a time, and I could potentially retool it if necessary.
    Last edited by Bat; 08-07-2019 at 11:16 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Brickhaus (08-07-2019),txtsd (08-07-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    153 times
    Time Online
    76d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Hey, @(you need an account to see links)! What you're describing can be done with a (you need an account to see links). If you're particularly intrepid, you can code entire routines with some of these programs, however if you're just looking to send a sequence of keys, then you would want to look out for a program that accepts one keystroke, then types an entire string in reply.

Let me know if you're not able to find a decent fit for your problem. I built a hotkey program of my own to help with Flash games once upon a time, and I could potentially retool it if necessary.
    Got something working! I had the right idea, but the program I tried before wasn't working within Flash. AutoHotKey does and I've got things going now! Thanks a bunch!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I agree with Odd. Autoit or AHK would be the way to go on this. Simple Macro Recorder for Windows could probably do it if it is in the same position everytime, but if it needs to be input in different locations then it's not a solution worth investing time into.