15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

Pokemon Let's go Eevee and Pikachu opinions/discussion

I might be a little late to the game on this, as I literally just got a switch and let's go eevee.

Personally, I don't think it's a bad game. I love the new mechanics of catching pokemon being brought to the switch, it makes chaining shinies much easier and fun, as you can actually see the pokemon before encountering. It's a breath of fresh air, and was a good way to test the market to see if people like this style of game before committing fully to it.

Though, the downside is it feels a bit lazy. I can understand only the original pokemon in a remake of yellow. But, come on. To cut out breeding, and game corner? That's just stupid. Yeah, I get it. We can chain catch for strong pokemon to begin with (Which is an upside, I do enjoy this feature.) but I still want to breed for egg moves! I miss playing the game corner games. Hell they could have just reused the mini games from X and Y to bond with your pokemon to get coins if gambling was the actual issue rather than slots... There's a lot more they could have done which makes me sad... But that's not to say I disliked or didn't enjoy the game. I'd be lying if I said I'm not still shiny hunting and re-battling the E4 for extra money.

I do wish the post game had a lot more to it though. That's for sure.

Let me know all your thoughts too!

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Thanks for your thoughts, @(you need an account to see links). When I first got into it, I posted (you need an account to see links) about my initial impressions of the game.
    I do like that they added Master Trainers as post-Elite 4 content. Beat the Elite 4? Ok fucker, think you're good? Now beat a souped up version of every Pokemon with your version of it. That Metapod battle was hell, let me tell you. But it's a cool idea that forces people who truly want to finish the game to not just focus on their small team, but catch and train everything.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    I swear you can beat 90% of the Master Trainers with Toxic/Protect/Dig (or Substitute)/Rest, once I figured that out I breezed through it and just ruined the post-game for myself, at least shiny hunting is entertaining. One BIG downside is how PvP sucks, they removed Rapid Spin but left Stealth Rock in, what? Mons that rely on their ability like Mega Pidgeot just don't make any sense, it just pushes for a boring meta.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts, @(you need an account to see links). When I first got into it, I posted (you need an account to see links) about my initial impressions of the game.
    I do like that they added Master Trainers as post-Elite 4 content. Beat the Elite 4? Ok fucker, think you're good? Now beat a souped up version of every Pokemon with your version of it. That Metapod battle was hell, let me tell you. But it's a cool idea that forces people who truly want to finish the game to not just focus on their small team, but catch and train everything.
    I've been enjoying the master trainers tbh, I gotta not only catch em all now, I gotta raise em all too.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    I swear you can beat 90% of the Master Trainers with Toxic/Protect/Dig (or Substitute)/Rest, once I figured that out I breezed through it and just ruined the post-game for myself, at least shiny hunting is entertaining. One BIG downside is how PvP sucks, they removed Rapid Spin but left Stealth Rock in, what? Mons that rely on their ability like Mega Pidgeot just don't make any sense, it just pushes for a boring meta.
    Oof, yeah. My Eevee is just... Way too OP with it's unique moves now. I've been using my other pokemon now.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I enjoyed Pokemon Let's Go well enough. I absolutely love seeing Pokemon in the overworld as both wild and ones that follow you (I LOVE this feature whenever it pops up). It makes the world seem alive with the added bonus of actually getting through caves while avoiding all the zubat. I also purposefully took a break from the main story to shiny hunt a vulpix so I could go through the rest of the game with a shiny ninetales, which is a lot easier with this feature in place. A lot of time walking in and out route areas.

I'm on the fence with the new catching mechanics. While I enjoyed them, particularly 2 player with my sister and timing, I would sometimes play in handheld mode just so I didn't have to do the motion controls if I was being particularly lazy that day. And while I do prefer harder Pokemon games, I actually think this game suits an easier style of gameplay. Plus I was in the middle of playing Pokemon Reborn (fangame) which is much harder than regular Pokemon games so one I could play easily without much hassle was alright with me.

In saying that, I did miss a lot of the features we've come to know within Pokemon games. I did keep forgetting that abilities weren't in the game (opps). I also think the starters become too OP with their diverse abilities and just being strong overall, which I get in the context of the game. This was made 100% worse because I played Let's Go Eevee and he had sooooo many extra moves to choose from. I also experienced being 2nd player when my sister played through Let's Go Pikachu, I spent most of the time spinning in circles because I couldn't interact with anything - but at least there was an extra Pokemon following us around!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tobyfox For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (11-14-2019)