Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any other customer service/retail workers here?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    walgreens as a cashier:
    if it doesn't scan, it must be free!
    my coupon is expired, but i need you to still run it for me.
    (in the middle of winter) do you still have your summer items?

walgreens in the pharmacy:
    why is my copay this much higher? you must've done this.
    i don't take this medication. you must've prescribed me this to get a raise at work (someone ACTUALLY said this to me)
    it costs $5? it's not free? i don't want it then (after i had taken an hour on the phone with the insurance, etc)
    why do you need my id to sell me state regulated drugs? i come here ALL the TIME. EVERYONE knows who i am!
    (huge line, only one working) will you open the bathrooms for me?

as a waitress:
    can i replace the sunflower seeds on my salad with avocado?
    the medium rare steak i ordered still has pink in it.
    my food came out TOO FAST
    i wouldn't mind waking up next to you winkyface
    a coworker of mine got no tip because the man didn't see the notice that cards get charged a 2% fee for being run, and he assumed she was stealing from him.
    it's my birthday? can i get free cake?
    angry old people. everywhere.

I FORGOT MY FAVORITE ONE FROM WALGREENS
    everyone loves the coupons there. you can clip coupons on your phone and cut them from the newspaper and the ads and combine them all. one lady would come in on saturdays an hour before close and load her cart to the brim. she would cruise around looking for all the items on sale for the week. if we were out of stock of a sale item, she would demand we substitute another item for it. it would take her until 10 minutes after close until she was finally ready to check out. she always had expired coupons, but management was so tired of her yelling at the cashiers that they just told us to run the coupons anyways. her cart of $150+ would go down to like $20. but the computers would freeze up while trying to process all the damn coupons and she would get SUPER impatient while waiting even though she was the one there past close with a million coupons.
    the true karen of retail.
    Last edited by Bani; 09-19-2019 at 09:39 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bani For This Useful Post:

GiantWadjet (09-29-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    When I was training as a cashier, only a couple of days into it during the high pressure season, I forgot to process a check transaction for an extra $20 (cashback for the person that was at my counter) as we had gotten to talking. I apologized profusely for my mistake and reassured this gentleman that his account wouldn't be charged for that money. He called me a cunt.

Good times.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Working retail was hell, both the customers and the management. I got hit by a car and was still expected to walk to work. Fun times... can't say I miss em.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    large meme warning.

This and people entering your door right as your about to close were my only pet peeves when I worked at subway.
    LIKE NO, go away. Go to McDonalds where they actually have 24/7 service. I get in trouble if I go a certain amount over closing time. It's even worse when these people have 5+ extreme sandwiches with everything and their mother on them. I still have to restock all these tins you made me use, put all the food away, finish dishes, mop, count the till, count ALL the bread, get receipts ready for my boss tomorrow, and a host of other things. ALL GENERALLY WITHIN AN HOUR.
    Being an assistant was murder on my soul during those nights.

Otherwise, it was a generally good experience and I recognize I'm in the 1%.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Buns View Post
    I FORGOT MY FAVORITE ONE FROM WALGREENS
    everyone loves the coupons there. you can clip coupons on your phone and cut them from the newspaper and the ads and combine them all. one lady would come in on saturdays an hour before close and load her cart to the brim. she would cruise around looking for all the items on sale for the week. if we were out of stock of a sale item, she would demand we substitute another item for it. it would take her until 10 minutes after close until she was finally ready to check out. she always had expired coupons, but management was so tired of her yelling at the cashiers that they just told us to run the coupons anyways. her cart of $150+ would go down to like $20. but the computers would freeze up while trying to process all the damn coupons and she would get SUPER impatient while waiting even though she was the one there past close with a million coupons.
    I hate her.

Had someone get shitty with me because the line was taking a while yesterday, luckily the card machine had my back and froze on me while serving him so I straight up just turned the screen to him and stared him down while we both waited like 'bitch it isn't me being slow, welcome to retail technology'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GiantWadjet For This Useful Post:

Bani (10-04-2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The entitled people who cut lines for returns. Like their time is much more valuable than everyone else's. When I started my own business I decided to test a basic idea of my �ideal� product first to find out if it is meeting the needs of my consumers. I found info about launching new mvp here (you need an account to see links). I think it can help to find the right direction for the development of my business.
    Last edited by Sam Grin; 10-17-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    12h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Not retail but call center worker, but biggest peeve is when someone smacks their lips while they talk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I work at a Costco, and it's been probably the best retail/food service job I've ever worked at. The 60$ Entry fee really weeds out a lot of the worst parts of retail.
    However, I am at my most Feral when on carts. CAUSE THESE SHITS CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO WALK THE EXTRA COUPLE FEET TO PUT THEM IN THE CORRAL

I find 20 carts shoved UP OVER BARRIERS ONTO THE GRASS a day, like you literally had to work so much harder to heft this heavy cart up over a foot tall curb than you would have if you just walked a couple feet and threw your cart in the corral.

Also people will just fucking shove their stupid carts into my ALREADY FULL line and look at me wit htheir stupid faces like 'this is fine right, I just did that without any consent and made you over the limit you have cause it would cost me two extra seconds to just put the damn thing away'

Today I had some dude THROW a cart at me at full speed without saying anything he just fucking chucks this thing at me while I'm working with other carts and luckily I was paying attention or I'd have a massive bruise. Like HELLO I AM A HUMAN BEING NOT A CART ROBOT. didn't help that it was raining and cold so carts WERE EVERYWHERE but the corrals it seemed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

j03 (10-23-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    20d 7h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    anybody who treats retail workers as robots/forgets that WE ARE ACTUALLY HUMANS.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I used to work in the bakery department of a large grocery chain and there was always this one customer that came in about 30 mins before the store closed to order 50 loaves of sliced french bread. We didn't make our own dough, so it wasn't that bad (they came in large boxes, half baked then frozen). It would take us about 20 minutes to bake 50 loaves in 2 batches.

The problem was the customer wanted all the loaves sliced, and slicing piping hot bread was a disaster. We didn't have enough time to let the bread cool so we would start slicing right away in order to get off work on time. Everyone would end up with burns on their hands