Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other customer service/retail workers here?

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Ugh. I used to work at the customer services desk

We had one lady that returned a toaster as it had broken and was under warranty
    When I checked her receipt it was from the year 1998!! Lifetime guarantee. But who the hell keeps a receipt for a frikkin toaster for 16 years?!?!?
    So yeah we had to just exchange it for a fancy new one instead

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sezy For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (09-20-2019),Fiore (07-27-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    8d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Or I love when people call asking to speak to the president of the company oololl

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zitilover For This Useful Post:

Fiore (07-27-2019)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I hate when clients/coworkers come over to my desk or workspace and cut tape/grab post-its/pens/whatever and THEN ask to borrow it. Had a client shove my stuff out of the way, cut tape from my dispenser THEN ask if they could use my tape. LIKE MOTHERFUCKER YOU ALREADY CUT IT AND ARE WALKING AWAY WITH IT. Why even bother asking after the fact you decided upon yourself to take my things without asking first? I locked my stuff in the cubby because people think they could just come and take the supplies that I paid for out-of-pocket (and most of the time, keep them)....

Bonus nasty stories Don't click if sensitive:

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (09-20-2019),zitilover (08-01-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I work in retail.

I mostly just can't stand customers who treat the store like their own personal playground.

It is a place of business, not a place for you to try to race on the electric disability carts or play ball like a hoodlum and knock over features.

People must live an extra boring life to come into the store in the wee hours of the morning to act this way. I work overnights.

The worst offenders are college students.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I worked in a bakery for awhile and we always had samples of our cake out. The cake samples had toothpicks in them so you could grab it easily. I can not tell you the number of dirty slobbered on toothpicks we would find laying on our counters or all over the store... There was a trash can right next to the sample table people are disgusting

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    5d 5h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Holy heck, those stories about people using change rooms for things other than changing (pooping, sex, etc), actually disgust me. The poor hygiene aspect expectantly, like how the heck do people get to the stage where they think taking a dump on a change room floor is acceptable (or even feel comfotable doing so?!? D: Yuck!)

I've worked about 10 years in fast food/retail but the general rudeness of people still amazes me. Being polite is free! I have a lot of pet peeves (and fun stories) from the shop years, but I think one of the biggest would be people who took forever to order/decide, and then complained when they had to wait for their food to be made, when if they decided quicker, the food could have been ready faster!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    7d 6h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I worked as a server for a long time before college and EVERY minute of it was suffering.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Quote Originally Posted by zitilover View Post
    Or I love when people call asking to speak to the president of the company oololl
    lmfao yeah like "what a coincidence hes in this dingy little store in the middle of nowhere right this minute, came here via private jet today just to come hang out, ill go get him"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

Bani (09-19-2019),zitilover (08-26-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    15d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    i worked at kohl's for about a year... i had an older lady come to the return desk and she had a complicating problem...
    she received somebody else's package at her house and her item was lost... but i had to HELP her call kohls 1800 number on the phone. i mean literally use the corded phone, while she stood there next to me . she said she called them 3-4 times and couldnt get any help(possibly due to language barrier), but i got her lost item refunded in the end..... i also had to refund the stranger's package she received...

it really made me wonder why life is so hard for some people??LOL. i mean just be direct on the phone and you'll get somewhere...i was honestly flabbergasted that she said she spent 2hrs trying to get help while it only took 20min for me to deal with all this..

but god i hated working there..they treat employees very disposable, greedy holiday hours (1-3am), would promise to keep you but then they don't, and the returns desk is a shit ton of work for 9$ an hour...u have to pick up the phone, returns, sort clothes to be sent into the store, do online pickups, count all the tills at the end of the night....push credit sales...
    Last edited by lorie; 09-19-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Not any more, but fuck customers who just throw money on the counter (bonus if it's crumpled up from their sweaty back pocket). On the other side - also fuck retail workers who throw the change on the counter while I'm politely holding out my hand for it.