Thread: Who or what about Flight Rising gets under your skin?

Threaded View

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by PabstBlueRibbon View Post
    Oh please, they went south on plots Day 1.

Opening FR Plot: Planet-eating Eldritch Horror called The Shade oooospooookyoooo! Accidentally awoken by the birth of a new god.

So the options here were: Old gods dealing with new possible eldritch horror god, because he's got so many legs / Hey god of magic + magic's back whaaat! / Old gods got the worst wake up ever! / Oh BTW did you know Poison Ivy + Bane are also gods and thought they were the only ones for a while/ Big-ole recipe for massive global Godfight.

And on top of it all that Shade stuff.

This went absolutely nowhere. My disappointment is immeasurable. I've seen homebrew 3e campaigns that were just power fantasies that made better use of an ounce of this kind of lore/story potential.

We're not even going to talk about the actual War. Because they pussed-out on that idea the second after they released it.

(I mean sure, I can headcanon what I want like everyone else does. But I can't *post* it on my dragons. Because assholes read my stuff, can't separate art from artist and get "offended". And if I'm going to go through all that trouble just to keep it all in a word doc on my laptop, I may as well change the names and make a book out of it.)
    uwu we can't do anything bad or scary because our entire player base is from tumblr and god forbid something be slightly problematic to them so fuck the players who looked forward to gritty plot lines. Let's sterilize these badass dragons!

I'm so close to selling my account and being done you don't even know

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg