Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency - anybody dabble?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

Cryptocurrency - anybody dabble?

I made a few posts in the past asking about crypto and there seemed to be a decent amount of interest. I've been buying/selling/trading it for almost three years now and it's been a heck of a ride. I learned a lot and it's really been a huge interest of mine... not to mention the bank account really thanks me lol.

Anybody involved with it? What kinds of coins are in your portfolio? Ever get into icos?

Anybody not into it and curious about or want to jump on the train?
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    43d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I really want to get into it, but have 0 skills in it and have no idea how to even begin.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chickenator For This Useful Post:

Crow (07-22-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Yes, lmao:

P.S. I do not recommend investing in shitcoins unless you REALLY believe in them and want to cry as they fail

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    26d 15h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I'm in the same boat as Chickenator read about a number of times I still have no idea what one of the better ways to get into it would be.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Oh, the joys of ICO's in 2017. @(you need an account to see links) and I participated in our fair share of scam ICO's that's for sure.

I've been fuckin' with daytrading recently. Learning how to read the charts, make predictions, and deciding if alt's are ATL's.
    Probably made a couple thousand the last few months trading with the way BTC has gone bullish the last month, but nothing too amazing.

It's nice to fuck with, especially if you compound your profits and don't get too emotional over your losses.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    Oh, the joys of ICO's in 2017. @(you need an account to see links) and I participated in our fair share of scam ICO's that's for sure.

I've been fuckin' with daytrading recently. Learning how to read the charts, make predictions, and deciding if alt's are ATL's.
    Probably made a couple thousand the last few months trading with the way BTC has gone bullish the last month, but nothing too amazing.

It's nice to fuck with, especially if you compound your profits and don't get too emotional over your losses.
    What kind of ICOs did you guys get into? I don't think I ever got into any scam ICOs but I have gotten into a number of duds.... or at least current duds. Gotten into one for a few thousand that went up to almost 30k at one point. I didn't sell because I thought it would go higher.. now it's at $1k. Whoops. Have another that I got into for about $4k and it was valued at $125k a little over a week ago. Back to about $70k now but I can't complain lol

I've been really considering taking a few thousand and playing around with day trading too. It can either go really well or really shitty. I think it would be a fun way to keep up with what projects are moving and keep an eye on the scene a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious View Post
    Yes, lmao:

P.S. I do not recommend investing in shitcoins unless you REALLY believe in them and want to cry as they fail
    You do have some solid coins in there! I got into the ICON ico but couldn't complete the "know your customer" thing so my tokens were locked there. Useless! Depending on how patient you want to be, you could do a few things. Sit on those coins and cross your fingers that they pop up. I'd probably sell out of them and move to more stable coins. or just move out of them now and push into something like ETH and wait for that eventual rise - because it's coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenator View Post
    I really want to get into it, but have 0 skills in it and have no idea how to even begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorra View Post
    I'm in the same boat as Chickenator read about a number of times I still have no idea what one of the better ways to get into it would be.
    I'd recommend just jumping right into it. I always advise people to make an account on Coinbase. Set things up, add your bank, verify things, etc. That way, if there's a big dip, you are all ready to jump in and pick up a little bit. You don't have to buy one whole bitcoin or anything like that either. I see a lot of people using that as the excuse they aren't into things. You can get .001, .1, 10.5 - whatever you want! I usually recommend people look at Ethereum first because that's a little easier to mess around with. Learn the difference between the public and private key. Get familiar with how to send little amounts between wallets, how to receive funds. Then move towards looking at exchanges and you can see just how many projects are out there. Coinmarketcap is a great place to look in order to see both how the market is doing as a whole and how individual projects are looking

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    41d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I've been playing it relatively safe without much diversity in my coins. (BTC/ETH/NANO) Mostly just been messing with BTC the last year or so. Decided to not mess with alt/smaller coins and it's been going good with BTC. If you're new to crypto I would suggest maybe waiting for a down time to invest a small amount that you aren't worried about losing and just slowly playing the market's fluctuations. This is the recommendation I give friends and it allows them to learn a lot without losing or risking much. Best of luck to everyone!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    13d 19h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I started BTC and ETH last month. I invest about 10k-20k whenever BTC hits a little under 10k and sell around the 12.5k mark which tends to be the current trend.
    But two week I started day trading and my returns have been a lot higher. I bought an account with Motley Fool (which is for long term trading...)(99$ a year for StockAdvisor and 150$ for Rulebreaker[research tools]) I decided to get familiar with their charts and day trade with them(which they highly do NOT recommend) but have been great for me even when I'm at a loss because they tend to go back up safely due to their intensive/extensive research and connection to companies. In the last two weeks I'm at +68% and started with around 50k. If you guys don't know (probably do), you get x4 your buying power whenever you day trade with 25K+ (risky because you're using someone else's money) but the returns are huge.
    All in all, no matter how I look at it, day trading and BTC short sells are gambling and losses are inevitable. Like Mophead said, don't get emotional, if you do you're gambling with money you shouldn't...
    Or do what every successful billionaire traders say: diverse portfolio 15+ stocks, long term investments, sell when CEO changes, sells business, etc.
    Good luck everyone!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sighcoe For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (07-21-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by sighcoe View Post
    I started BTC and ETH last month. I invest about 10k-20k whenever BTC hits a little under 10k and sell around the 12.5k mark which tends to be the current trend.
    But two week I started day trading and my returns have been a lot higher. I bought an account with Motley Fool (which is for long term trading...)(99$ a year for StockAdvisor and 150$ for Rulebreaker[research tools]) I decided to get familiar with their charts and day trade with them(which they highly do NOT recommend) but have been great for me even when I'm at a loss because they tend to go back up safely due to their intensive/extensive research and connection to companies. In the last two weeks I'm at +68% and started with around 50k. If you guys don't know (probably do), you get x4 your buying power whenever you day trade with 25K+ (risky because you're using someone else's money) but the returns are huge.
    All in all, no matter how I look at it, day trading and BTC short sells are gambling and losses are inevitable. Like Mophead said, don't get emotional, if you do you're gambling with money you shouldn't...
    Or do what every successful billionaire traders say: diverse portfolio 15+ stocks, long term investments, sell when CEO changes, sells business, etc.
    Good luck everyone!
    You think the motley fool is worth it? I was checking them out before, got on their email list somehow and they have been sending me things at special prices to join. I wasn't sure though. They seem legit, but I've joined similar things that once I paid for it, I wasn't really impressed. Are you just day trading btc/usdt kinda things?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    56d 22h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Startup dealing with Crypto financial product.
    Very nice sometime gets some inside info