Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has programming aided in the convenience of your lifestyle in any way?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Has programming aided in the convenience of your lifestyle in any way?

Hi programmers of Clraik, I have been exploring some python scripts, as well as tapermonkey user scripts particularly for Neopets. I have come to realize that using programming can solve many major inconveniences, even in a game like Neopets. I am certain that the capabilities of programs like Python, or the way scripts are written for Tapermonkey, far exceed my imagination of what I think they can do.

Hence, out of curiosity, I would like to ask if the skill of programming has provided you with any life hacks, in some way or another?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klgw1992 For This Useful Post:

bluevitriol (07-10-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (07-16-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I have just stepped into the field of programming but I am sure programming will definitely aid me in the future.
    I pray that whoever reads this, God heals whatever is hurting you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I'm a full time program analyst (a fancy way of saying programmer, I guess ) and it's helped me a ton in life, especially in Neopets! It's really nice to think of any small thing you need done consistently and quickly put some hack job or bodge together to do it

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Hello
    And you can't imagine how!
    Specially to do some mind blowing calculations that would be needed ten pages if done by hand. It is easier and faster to code a program that will give the result. But I mostly use it for college/work. Sometimes for fun: once I coded the game Mastermind just to pass the time.
    The one I use the most is Python. But Fortran, Matlab and Gnuplot are also nice (and Latex for documents).

Once you start, you will never leave it.
    Last edited by MKM; 07-10-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Programming has gone from being a fun hobby to a full-time job.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I know right?! I am already amazed with how programming has helped me so much 2 days into my newfound Neopets life.

Used to hack in Runescape and another game called 2Moons too, where the power of programming never ceased to intrigue me.

Unfortunately, it wasn't in my destiny to learn programming as I sucked at it ahah. But being able to delve deeper into the concepts of programming, and how far its capabilities extend (Possibly limitless) would be super helpful for us non-programmers, as I am 100% sure that many people would pay for a program to make their life just a little easier and more convenient. Well, I would.

The problem now is my ignorance on the topic of programming, and that I do not even know what it can do for me. I essentially wanna pay for something, but don't know what to pay for.

Excited to learn more about it though

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/3
    Mentioned
    109 times
    Time Online
    83d 21h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Quote Originally Posted by klgw1992 View Post
    Hi programmers of Clraik, I have been exploring some python scripts, as well as tapermonkey user scripts particularly for Neopets. I have come to realize that using programming can solve many major inconveniences, even in a game like Neopets. I am certain that the capabilities of programs like Python, or the way scripts are written for Tapermonkey, far exceed my imagination of what I think they can do.

Hence, out of curiosity, I would like to ask if the skill of programming has provided you with any life hacks, in some way or another?

I started programming a few years ago to cheat on Neopets…

Now I have a full-time job and I travel to different countries every 3 months paid by the company I work for...
    Bachelor's was so easy because I even automated my homework...

So yes programming had a huge impact on my lifestyle.

Code:
    404 Not Found.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to npm For This Useful Post:

klgw1992 (07-11-2019),RealisticError (07-16-2019)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    My bf made a spellbook tool to use during D&D He did alll the database/backend and frontend himself and I did all the icons/pretty stuff. Im not a programmer, but that tool def helped my everyday life!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I find the idea of programming very fascinating, but I am honestly overwhelmed at where to start. If I compare myself to colleagues in my profession (social work), i'm "technic-savvy". If I compare myself to anyone who has ideas about IT, I know barely nothing. I struggle to find a start with it, be it python or other languages. Does anyone know certain webpages, webinar, youtube channel or similar that they would advice to follow to get an idea about the stuff?

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by namira123 View Post
    I find the idea of programming very fascinating, but I am honestly overwhelmed at where to start. If I compare myself to colleagues in my profession (social work), i'm "technic-savvy". If I compare myself to anyone who has ideas about IT, I know barely nothing. I struggle to find a start with it, be it python or other languages. Does anyone know certain webpages, webinar, youtube channel or similar that they would advice to follow to get an idea about the stuff?
    Keywords are your best friend. "Programming tutorial", "How to learn programming", "Programming basics"... just off the top of my head, use those on YouTube and you'll be on your tracks to programming.

I recommend YT videos as you can program and have the video running on the side. You can pause and resume whenever you want too.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------