Thread: Highly effective Cellblock strategy!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Highly effective Cellblock strategy!

(you need an account to see links)

So here is a strategy I discovered a few days ago while trying to plow through all those Cellblock tournaments. I have never been good at these 5 in a row games, or anything resembling tic tac toe, so I simply stumbled upon this.

Basically, it occurred to me that the computer is relatively the same for all of the characters, with some minor programming differences. But it's designed to react in specific ways to the moves we make, and unlike a human, the computer cannot change its "mind" as easily as we can. So it is stuck in its ways.

I kid you not, you can do this strategy in this exact order (the last two moves vary depending on how the computer blocks the double 3 in a row), HUNDREDS of times, and the computer falls for it most of the time. On very rare occasions the computer will react differently, and you'll have to adapt, but even if you lose once, that's okay, since it's a "best out of ___" score.

And that's that. I was on tournament 2 a few days ago, and now I'm on tournament 9. Even Vex falls for this strategy, lol! Just a note though, in tournament 7 and above, Galgarrath seems to catch on to this strategy, so I've had to come up with various counter-moves to deal with him, but he does still fall for it enough times to give you a fighting chance.
    EEL SUSHI

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spleef35 For This Useful Post:

Bat (07-09-2019),Bolin (07-09-2019),DrillyGang (05-06-2022),honeybadger (07-09-2019),j03 (07-09-2019)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    I've got a (you need an account to see links) script which employs a strategy like this based off popular methods to confound the CPU into making the wrong move. It's way easier than playing the game manually!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Bolin (07-09-2019),honeybadger (07-09-2019),spleef35 (07-09-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) - That's awesome that you have a script! The number of tournaments for this game is just ridiculous!

I like playing the game manually, because I enjoy knowing that after all these years (yes, years!) I figured out a way to screw over the computer. But I will definitely look into your script for my secret main accounts.
    EEL SUSHI