22/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 9h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Add a vBulletin Live Chat!

Okay, i know im new but i figured out how a live chat could improve a lot of things on the forum.
    what benefits i consider are the best?

(you need an account to see links)
    - fastest response to questions like "where i can find xxxxx guide" "can someone help me with this neo quest" "what song are you listening to?"
    - create a more effective way to make new friends and make users known in forums
    - ask for a middlemen should be more easy with this!
    - try to lower the ratio of new users spamming over topics to rank up and download programs (i know this is what the ranks made for, but you can moderate this a bit, and i talk for myself when i say i did this too then i realized thats not the way, im just getting posts but not engagment with other members)
    - create new chat games and prize online users with clraik premium, or a cool userbar.

i found this little tutorial on how to add it to a forum, but i know here is more people that knows a lot about this class of forum and programmation, so this is like "this is how it should looks like"

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    A communal chatroom would present users with a faster opportunity to spam, not eliminate the spam we already deal with. Sure, you could get your question answered more quickly, but given how many users ask the same questions over and over again without searching the forum - how would giving them a faster option reduce spam?

Users who attempt to boost their rank by spamming aren't looking for a faster way to engage the community - they're looking to increase their post count. If they wanted to make a meaningful contribution, they could easily do so by joining any our many topics of discussion. Adding a chatroom isn't going to deter that behavior.

We have a Discord server that users who are on or above clraik rank would be welcome to join if they PM a staff member to verify them. Personally, I wouldn't participate in a chatroom with no limits on who could come and go from it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (07-09-2019)

Pronouns
    He/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 9h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    A communal chatroom would present users with a faster opportunity to spam, not eliminate the spam we already deal with. Sure, you could get your question answered more quickly, but given how many users ask the same questions over and over again without searching the forum - how would giving them a faster option reduce spam?

Users who attempt to boost their rank by spamming aren't looking for a faster way to engage the community - they're looking to increase their post count. If they wanted to make a meaningful contribution, they could easily do so by joining any our many topics of discussion. Adding a chatroom isn't going to deter that behavior.

We have a Discord server that users who are on or above clraik rank would be welcome to join if they PM a staff member to verify them. Personally, I wouldn't participate in a chatroom with no limits on who could come and go from it.
    there's lot of ways to avoid spam in chats like that, like put a cooldown after you send 5 message consecutive, also with the chat we will be reducing post spam because messages in chat will not count. i put the ask for a guide for a reason, sometimes i searched for example "ss maximun scores list" (made by joe) and forum didnt shown results, there is where the chat would help because maybe you know the link for that.

I know there is a discord server but think not all the people (like me) speaks english fluently and prefer to write instead.
    also Discord requirs an external app and some people just dont want more programs in his computer.

of course there will be limits, i just presented the "basic idea" and thats why its just a suggestion, as i said before there can be lots of limits like 5 consecutive messages maximun, just 1 time login with your forum username/password, add chat moderators and things like that.

-EDIT-
    also, if more people agree with me and the idea becomes a reality you can just give a "trial time" to see if it works.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
    there's lot of ways to avoid spam in chats like that, like put a cooldown after you send 5 message consecutive, also with the chat we will be reducing post spam because messages in chat will not count. i put the ask for a guide for a reason, sometimes i searched for example "ss maximun scores list" (made by joe) and forum didnt shown results, there is where the chat would help because maybe you know the link for that.

I know there is a discord server but think not all the people (like me) speaks english fluently and prefer to write instead.
    also Discord requirs an external app and some people just dont want more programs in his computer.

of course there will be limits, i just presented the "basic idea" and thats why its just a suggestion, as i said before there can be lots of limits like 5 consecutive messages maximun, just 1 time login with your forum username/password, add chat moderators and things like that.
    My concern isn't with limits. We can manage instant messages in the same way that we manage posts throughout the forum. My concern is with making it easy to bother our users with fire-and-forget questions or comments that they have no choice but to endure because they're in a chatroom. A user posting to the forum doesn't necessarily get in another user's way or interrupt a conversation. A user posting to a chatroom can do both. Multiply that by every new user who asks the same questions, is looking for the same programs or wants to trade, and you've got the makings of a seriously annoying chatroom. Our community may be happy to help, but nobody wants that kind of activity in their face constantly with no option to avoid it because we're stuck in a single chatroom.

The Discord server is a group of instant messaging (writing) channels, by the way. You're not required to use the voice (speaking) channels.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    ...also, this would cause our site to slow down. It's just adding way more CPU usage.

This has been suggested and tried in the past. I recommend using our search and seeing the responses received. I've seen a live chat on previous forums (which are now dead) and it was never a good idea.

Also, as mentioned we have the Discord server with over 200 people and it's a much better option compared to a "live chat" here.

Edit: (you need an account to see links) is one topic suggesting a live chat from 2013.
    Last edited by j03; 07-09-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Evangelion (07-09-2019),Mama Bear (07-09-2019),Teakwood (07-09-2019)