23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Looking for more suggestions!

Post places for warm, hot, and colder weather conditions if possible.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    4d 22h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Kind of unconventional as far as hiking goes, but I'd recommend the SF Crosstown Trail to anyone with a bit of a tolerance for pain. Link: (you need an account to see links)

It is 17 miles, cutting across San Francisco (60% parks and nature trails, 40% walking through streets of SF). There are phenomenally pretty views along the way, culminating in catching the sunset at Sutro Baths.

California has no shortage of great hikes across the state but the fact that there is such a cool one right in the city is special. Weather in SF is roughly the same year round (50ish� F. and foggy). I did the trail for new years and thought the conditions were comfy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4d 10h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Yosemite is the best for me! Half-dome hike etcs... Will be warm/cool dependent on the time of year, I suggest right before summer at May so it isnt that cool yet not too hot..

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    My favorite hike I ever did was on Cold Mountain. I read that book like a year prior so honestly actually hiking on the mountain was so surreal. Also, we found wild blueberries and that was the first time I ever appreciated blueberries, and now I love them.

Now this is coming from someone who HATES hiking. So it was pretty magical.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    17h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Maybe this is a little too far from you... But I love to hike the Scottish highlands, particularly the west coast. I am planning on completing the 3 peaks challenge this summer. The 3 highest peaks in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales) in 24 hours...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ghekolus For This Useful Post:

Crow (02-07-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    There is a place south of the bay in California called Arroyo Seco. There is a regular trail for people to walk, but if you're into a little more physical activity you can literally walk, climb, and swim up the river all the way to the end of the canyon.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Some of the most gorgeous hiking I've done was in the Pasayten Wilderness, especially near the Ross Lake area.

Also coastal hiking on the olympic peninsula, it's like a long walk on a beach but it's rocky and periodic scrambling.

I also really enjoyed my time in Alaska in Wrangell-St. Elias, but to be honest I forget which part exactly I was in, and that's the largest national park (and it's even kind of international as it abuts a Canadian reserve), so it's hard to narrow down.

Quote Originally Posted by LGK View Post
    Kind of unconventional as far as hiking goes, but I'd recommend the SF Crosstown Trail to anyone with a bit of a tolerance for pain. Link: (you need an account to see links)

It is 17 miles, cutting across San Francisco (60% parks and nature trails, 40% walking through streets of SF). There are phenomenally pretty views along the way, culminating in catching the sunset at Sutro Baths.

California has no shortage of great hikes across the state but the fact that there is such a cool one right in the city is special. Weather in SF is roughly the same year round (50ish� F. and foggy). I did the trail for new years and thought the conditions were comfy.

ooh, thanks for this, I'm sort of new to the city and lament how little walking I do anymore and have been meaning to start hiking one way or another

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    416 times
    Time Online
    50d 2h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    British Columbia has AMAZING hikes!! Literally all over the province. There is also a huge range, especially on Vancouver Island. There is a ton of beach trails like the West Coast trail and the Juan De Fuca which involves camping along the beach! There is also a ton near Whistler (which are 10/10).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I just got back from a two day hiking expedition in Michigan's upper peninsula. There is a bunch of national forests and places to hike. Specifically, I went to Tahquamenon Falls. The waterfalls were very pretty and the water was surprisingly warm, but it felt really good. If you don't mind not having cell service, upper Michigan nature is nice. So many trees still untouched.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to luisfernandoks1 For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    19d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I've hiked a good amount of the national parks, but I loved arches. I think it's an underrated national park! Everyone loves Zion, Yosemite, etc. But wow. Sitting under an arch and star gazing at night was amazing after a long day hike through the desert.