DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm from California and have to say we have the best parks in the world, and location-wise is not too far from Lake Tahoe and Yosemite.
    My recommended list
    #1 Yosemite: I went camping with family, did the whole tent thing, saw some cool wildlife (large animals-no bears though), hiked until I couldn't walk anymore, drank from the streams, hiked some more, definitely a once in a lifetime experience
    #2 Lake Tahoe: mostly for skiing, maybe fishing, some hiking
    #3 Muir Woods: amazing forestry, amazing hiking trails
    #4 Monterey 17 mile drive: some driving, but amazing views

Been to many others but above are highly recommended from a native Californian

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I just spent about a week in the Denver Colorado area and hiked my freaking face off. I probably only saw 0.000001% of the trails there and everything I saw was breathtaking. The variety of hikes is wild too - from deserts to mountaintops. The cool part about Denver was it was central enough to hike all over. I drove anywhere from one to two hours for the hikes I did, but the vast majority of those drives were so scenic they didn't feel like long drives at all. Here's what I saw, but there are soooo many options
    #1 (you need an account to see links)
    #2 (you need an account to see links) (this was my favorite of the entire trip)
    #3 (you need an account to see links) (a lot of people say they see big horn sheep on this one. I did not, but I did see a rattlesnake)
    #4 (you need an account to see links) - this is a long drive up a beautiful mountain with a short hike at the very top. You finish at 14,000ft in elevation - literally above the clouds. It was majestic.
    #5 (you need an account to see links) This was is in Rocky Mountain National Park. An awesome waterfall trail. I saw 3-4 waterfalls while I was hiking.

If you couldn't tell from my links, I can't recommend the app AllTrails enough. I even use it at home now to find trails nearby that I'd never know existed. Have fun! update us when you pick a place!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LibraryFaerie For This Useful Post:

Achyfi (08-02-2019)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    563d 23h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    @(you need an account to see links) I've hiked in Denver and I'm definitely going back after my first trip. Amazing sceneries all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

5. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Achyfi (08-02-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    New Zealand. The Milford Track is known as �the best hike in the world�. Lots of lush landscapes and rugged cliffs. Also in NZ is The Tongariro Alpine Crossing which is an inactive volcano - it�s like you�re walking on the moon it�s very cool. If you googled image these two places you�ll see. Not to mention NZ is like Lord of the Rings land

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    678 times
    Time Online
    213d 10h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 32m
    I've heard the hiking in NZ is also some of the hardest in the world (very rugged/remote/not easy water, etc). ... but also the country looks so stunning. I'd love to try to find a kiwi bird, or one of the many other's exclusive to the country. US wise, if you like a very hard trail that comes with bragging rights upon completion - go to the river and back up in the Canyon (AZ). Down South Kaibab, up Brightangel. Stunning! Note that you'll want to be acclimated to altitude (7000 feet on the south rim). If you're really feeling adventurous and are -very- fit, a rim to rim is wonderful. Just dont do it in summer. Temps at the bottom are easily 110+.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Wales for sure. Snowdon is probably the most popular hiking area here, it's the highest mountain we have pricey if you're coming from NA though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryFaerie View Post
    I just spent about a week in the Denver Colorado area and hiked my freaking face off. I probably only saw 0.000001% of the trails there and everything I saw was breathtaking. The variety of hikes is wild too - from deserts to mountaintops. The cool part about Denver was it was central enough to hike all over. I drove anywhere from one to two hours for the hikes I did, but the vast majority of those drives were so scenic they didn't feel like long drives at all. Here's what I saw, but there are soooo many options
    #1 (you need an account to see links)
    #2 (you need an account to see links) (this was my favorite of the entire trip)
    #3 (you need an account to see links) (a lot of people say they see big horn sheep on this one. I did not, but I did see a rattlesnake)
    #4 (you need an account to see links) - this is a long drive up a beautiful mountain with a short hike at the very top. You finish at 14,000ft in elevation - literally above the clouds. It was majestic.
    #5 (you need an account to see links) This was is in Rocky Mountain National Park. An awesome waterfall trail. I saw 3-4 waterfalls while I was hiking.

If you couldn't tell from my links, I can't recommend the app AllTrails enough. I even use it at home now to find trails nearby that I'd never know existed. Have fun! update us when you pick a place!
    Red Rocks is fantastic! Anywhere in the Rockies has pretty good hiking, except once you get into the National Park areas, it gets pretty busy (not just that, but the altitude starts to get to me more with huge crowds, I dunno). Also I low-key keep an eye out for Fenn's treasure because I'm personally convinced it's around Colorado somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Sorbet View Post
    New Zealand. The Milford Track is known as �the best hike in the world�. Lots of lush landscapes and rugged cliffs. Also in NZ is The Tongariro Alpine Crossing which is an inactive volcano - it�s like you�re walking on the moon it�s very cool. If you googled image these two places you�ll see. Not to mention NZ is like Lord of the Rings land
    Y'all I wanna visit New Zealand SO BAD. Top 10 places I need to find myself some day.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Achyfi For This Useful Post:

Chibicat (08-02-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicious View Post
    Red Rocks is fantastic! Anywhere in the Rockies has pretty good hiking, except once you get into the National Park areas, it gets pretty busy (not just that, but the altitude starts to get to me more with huge crowds, I dunno). Also I low-key keep an eye out for Fenn's treasure because I'm personally convinced it's around Colorado somewhere
    It's so funny you mention the crowds. I couldn't believe how packed some of the parking got - even by 8am! I told so many people when I got back from my trip, "People from Colorado LOVE to get up early as hell" haha

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LibraryFaerie For This Useful Post:

Achyfi (08-06-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryFaerie View Post
    It's so funny you mention the crowds. I couldn't believe how packed some of the parking got - even by 8am! I told so many people when I got back from my trip, "People from Colorado LOVE to get up early as hell" haha
    For real, and don't even try if it's ski season, lol
    Last edited by Achyfi; 08-07-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    For me it's Canadian Rocky Mountains. It's my fav place for hiking with friends. We found info about (you need an account to see links) and always take our wallie-talkies to stay connect even in mountains. Amazing view.
    Last edited by Sam Grin; 08-09-2019 at 11:28 AM.