DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    3d 6h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    You can never go wrong with Asheville, NC and the surrounding areas. My favorites are Mt. Pisgah, probably the most well known spot in the area, which, can be a bit more on the strenuous side, max patch, which, is a bit more light of a hike, and devil's courthouse, which, is steep and harder than max patch but is also much shorter. It's probably the most interesting spot I've hiked too. There's a cave where native indians said the devil holds court, hence the name. Pisgah and max patch both have incredible views, but there are many more in the area too!
    Last edited by Dr. Acula; 02-15-2020 at 12:48 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    10d 21h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I'd recommend anything in western Washington, as long as you're not afraid of getting rained on. The Heather Park Loop is amazing, even if the ascent can get tricky.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    I love hiking around Arizona, specifically northern AZ.

Sedona is breath taking and the weather isn't too harsh, Prescott is another lovely place with tons of trails too.

Southern AZ is nice but from May - September it's too hot for most people to hike, people die and get life flighted out on trails every year.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    lake garibaldi is really nice if you're near Vancouver and down for 10km hike up into the mountains! the water is really beautiful shade of blue

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    4d 22h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by nom View Post
    lake garibaldi is really nice if you're near Vancouver and down for 10km hike up into the mountains! the water is really beautiful shade of blue
    Speaking of western Canada, I did the Upper Shannon Falls trail in Squamish last year and it was incredibly breathtaking. We took the gondola down but I heard the cable has been cut since

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 8h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    It's quite the trip from the states but my girlfriend went to Beseggen, Norway and said it was one of the most beautiful places she's been too and also quite the hike aswell

thank you Hollow for the amazing Gengar art piece

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    46d 9h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I visited Vancouver, BC in 2018 and hiked 10 miles into the wilderness...long past the point where cell service completely ceased. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen - even in the rainstorm we were hiking through <3 I'm dying to go back and do it again

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Last month I traveled to Gatlinburg, TN and hiked the Grotto Falls Trail. It was a beautiful waterfall and the hike wasn't so bad for a beginner like myself. The Great Smokey Mountain National Park has many trails and I can't wait to go back next year if everything goes well.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    23h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Loved hiking in Las Vegas. Mount Charleston has damn near perfect weather and when the snow is melting Mary Jane Falls hike is beautiful when you get to the top.

Also, the Gold Strike trail is super fun but very tough in the hot months.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Hi! Can I revive this thread? I have some input I would love to share.

When I was in the States, I was a total road trip and hiking junkie. I shared some year-long national park pass plan with a couple of my friends and I have been to a TON of national parks and state parks. (Also crossed the border to hike in Alberta and BC, lovely places too!) But if you're like me and your motivation behind hiking is to take beautiful photographs, the most standout National Park to me so far was Glacier National Park in Montana. I wish I could post my own pictures of it but if any of my IRL friends are on here, they would be able to know who I am, LOL. So here's a really pretty picture I got from the web: (Source: (you need an account to see links))

On a sidenote, if you want to get really nice sunrise or sunset pictures, I recommend using a tripod and going to the location at least 30 minutes to an hour before the sunrise/sunset timing (you can google the location-specific sunrise or sunset time). Once you're there, you can take some time to find the best location to get your picture (perhaps you can consider what you want in your foreground to "frame" the picture, and what colors you would like to include in the background). Next, you would need to adjust your camera settings (ISO/Aperture/Shutter Speed) and make sure that your focus is on point. Then, if you would like to eventually make some HDR photos, you can take a bunch of photos with different shutter speeds, otherwise you can skip this step (I have limited experience in HDR photography so can't really help here!). Then, head on over to Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop (or any mobile app of your choice, really these days I think they're quite advanced) to do enough post-processing such that it no longer resembles the original picture and looks like it came from another world. Of course, please take my advice with a pinch of salt because I'm only an amateur photographer and photo editor, haha. I just like doing it in my spare time!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rylai For This Useful Post:

Gato (11-13-2020),motherfucker (11-13-2020)