3267 Post(s)
    Time Online
    373 d 18 h 37 m
    Avg. Time Online
    3 h 20 m
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Infam0us Joe
    Looking for more suggestions!

Post places for warm, hot, and colder weather conditions if possible.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Time Online
    4 d 46 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 m
    Kind of unconventional as far as hiking goes, but I'd recommend the SF Crosstown Trail to anyone with a bit of a tolerance for pain. Link: https://crosstowntrail.org/

It is 17 miles, cutting across San Francisco (60% parks and nature trails, 40% walking through streets of SF). There are phenomenally pretty views along the way, culminating in catching the sunset at Sutro Baths.

California has no shortage of great hikes across the state but the fact that there is such a cool one right in the city is special. Weather in SF is roughly the same year round (50ish° F. and foggy). I did the trail for new years and thought the conditions were comfy.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    18 h 27 m
    Avg. Time Online
    10 m
    Yosemite is the best for me! Half-dome hike etcs... Will be warm/cool dependent on the time of year, I suggest right before summer at May so it isnt that cool yet not too hot..

US, Eastern seaboard
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Time Online
    18 d 11 h 38 m
    Avg. Time Online
    11 m
    My favorite hike I ever did was on Cold Mountain. I read that book like a year prior so honestly actually hiking on the mountain was so surreal. Also, we found wild blueberries and that was the first time I ever appreciated blueberries, and now I love them.

Now this is coming from someone who HATES hiking. So it was pretty magical.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Time Online
    16 h 15 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    Maybe this is a little too far from you... But I love to hike the Scottish highlands, particularly the west coast. I am planning on completing the 3 peaks challenge this summer. The 3 highest peaks in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales) in 24 hours...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ghekolus For This Useful Post:

Crow (1 Week Ago)

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    23 h 52 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    There is a place south of the bay in California called Arroyo Seco. There is a regular trail for people to walk, but if you're into a little more physical activity you can literally walk, climb, and swim up the river all the way to the end of the canyon.

NYC
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Time Online
    49 d 2 h 13 m
    Avg. Time Online
    30 m
    Some of the most gorgeous hiking I've done was in the Pasayten Wilderness, especially near the Ross Lake area.

Also coastal hiking on the olympic peninsula, it's like a long walk on a beach but it's rocky and periodic scrambling.

I also really enjoyed my time in Alaska in Wrangell-St. Elias, but to be honest I forget which part exactly I was in, and that's the largest national park (and it's even kind of international as it abuts a Canadian reserve), so it's hard to narrow down.

Quote Originally Posted by LGK View Post
    Kind of unconventional as far as hiking goes, but I'd recommend the SF Crosstown Trail to anyone with a bit of a tolerance for pain. Link: https://crosstowntrail.org/

It is 17 miles, cutting across San Francisco (60% parks and nature trails, 40% walking through streets of SF). There are phenomenally pretty views along the way, culminating in catching the sunset at Sutro Baths.

California has no shortage of great hikes across the state but the fact that there is such a cool one right in the city is special. Weather in SF is roughly the same year round (50ish° F. and foggy). I did the trail for new years and thought the conditions were comfy.

ooh, thanks for this, I'm sort of new to the city and lament how little walking I do anymore and have been meaning to start hiking one way or another

Gallifrey
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Time Online
    49 d 5 h 16 m
    Avg. Time Online
    26 m
    British Columbia has AMAZING hikes!! Literally all over the province. There is also a huge range, especially on Vancouver Island. There is a ton of beach trails like the West Coast trail and the Juan De Fuca which involves camping along the beach! There is also a ton near Whistler (which are 10/10).

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 h 17 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I just got back from a two day hiking expedition in Michigan's upper peninsula. There is a bunch of national forests and places to hike. Specifically, I went to Tahquamenon Falls. The waterfalls were very pretty and the water was surprisingly warm, but it felt really good. If you don't mind not having cell service, upper Michigan nature is nice. So many trees still untouched.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Time Online
    12 d 20 h 55 m
    Avg. Time Online
    46 m
    I've hiked a good amount of the national parks, but I loved arches. I think it's an underrated national park! Everyone loves Zion, Yosemite, etc. But wow. Sitting under an arch and star gazing at night was amazing after a long day hike through the desert.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast