172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m

Team Fight Tactics

Has anyone else been playing the beta of the new game mode, Team Fight Tactics? I actually really like it. The thing I like least about normal LoL is dealing with others, and this has very minimal interaction with other plays. It's more strategic. At the moment, I think it's just Oceania though. We have friends who have made OCE accounts for it, since ping doesn't matter for it. Should give it a try!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    41d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I've been playing it a bit and did go on OCE when there was really long game queues on NA the first day. I believe that ranked is coming out pretty soon so it will be interesting to see how fun that is.

P.S. I can win most games by tunneling assassins + ninjas. (If you have a really good game you can use force of nature or get level 9 and add a swain for imperial + demon bonuses)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    35d 9h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I keep seeing all my friends play it, but league is so toxic that it�s hard to imagine a new game mode being any fun.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheme View Post
    I keep seeing all my friends play it, but league is so toxic that it’s hard to imagine a new game mode being any fun.
    OCE league is by far the world's most toxic. Our pro players are always getting in trouble for it. I've been playing TFT like 3 days now, and barely anyone speaks. I've had someone swear at me once, but that's because I beat them. *shrug* Compared to normal league, this is super removed from others.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    35d 9h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    OCE league is by far the world's most toxic. Our pro players are always getting in trouble for it. I've been playing TFT like 3 days now, and barely anyone speaks. I've had someone swear at me once, but that's because I beat them. *shrug* Compared to normal league, this is super removed from others.
    Might be worth making an OCE account and getting you to teach me. Haha.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to morpheme For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (07-07-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    88/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    73d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    I'm pretty sure that it’s not anymore in a closed beta test or a PBE (Public Beta Environment) only mode. In fact, most of the server has it available now. I have been playing TFT in the NA and LAN servers the past week. I know league of legends (as any other online game) is toxic but you barely interact with the players in TFT. The other day I was watching this streamer Yassuo playing a tournament against other streamers and I thought I was “good” but this guy showed me the “pro” way to play it LOL.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    45d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I've been playing TFT since release (on EUNE), the lag makes little to no difference in that mode and I'm happy I can still play with my friends while abroad. I actually really like it! When the whole auto chess craze started we hopped on Underlords and Origins as well, but so far I think I enjoy TFT the most.

- Definitely a lot less toxic on our server too. Out of all the games I've played there was one incident, and the dude chilled out by the time he lost anyway - even when people rage a little they seem to rage at RNG and not at each other, it's refreshing.
    - Can finally play with more than 4 other people! Gah I was so sick of running 3v3/4v4 customs whenever we're all online, now we can gather the whole squad in a bunch XD
    - While I love normals and all, I'm pretty tired of the occasional rage quitter or that one guy who decides to run it down mid cause Shaco stole his chickens. In TFT they can just fuck off without impacting the entire game, that's pretty neat!

I'm actually not looking forward to Ranked though, I would prefer it as a side game mode. At this stage there is still a lot of experimentation, and you can have fun and beat the game once in a while with oddball comps. I feel like once ranked rolls around it'll be all about the meta builds and perfect item combos. The way the pool is structured will prevent oversaturation but it also forces people around certain builds based on what is already being played - imo a Ranked mode in anything should be predominantly about skill and strategy, but in TFT RNG is on par with those. At the end of the day I guess I don't really mind, it's still going to be fun!

The exponential pass increments also don't make too much sense to me. Every "battle pass" game I've encountered keeps static intervals, which feel rewarding and achievable. I don't see why the climb to an egg is substantially smaller than the climb to what is essentially dyeworks of the same, rather boring, icon. It's not very motivating and feels like a grind. Maybe another egg at the end would make it more enjoyable.
    Last edited by Gato; 07-08-2019 at 03:09 PM. Reason: My spelling is atrocious