Thread: The running corner - Come and join us!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4d 15h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Lightbulb The running corner - Come and join us!

Figured I'd start a thread and see if we can find any runners around here. Regular joggers, track, XC, beginners... everybody has a place there.

Personally, I started running to lose some weight in my senior year in HS. I fell in love with the sport and nowadays I use it as a way to relax and unwind everyday. Who would have told that I would go from being a couch potato to a marathon finisher... and I'd love it too.

Perhaps we could get a discussion going. Share your experiences, or ask any questions on the matter: shoes, rest, diet, distances, pro track&field, motivation tips, races, strenght training...

We could even do some kind of monthly challenge (adjusted so everybody could join in, no matter their fitness level), and try to push our goals together, from losing a bit of weight to being a mile Olympic champion. Could be done if we had interested people!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Hello there
    Glad you like it!
    It is needed some perseverance to continue doing it every day! But it will never leave you, believe me.

I was in the track and field team during 6 years back in town (started in the 7th grade and left when finished HS). Went to competions and such. Did mostly sprint, hurdling and endurance.
    Once I entered college I just went to run a few times with a group that gathers every wednesday evening to run. Ocasionally I join a city run.
    But now... I have just stopped doing so. Sometimes, when I am walking in a straight road or in the big corridor of the department, and noone is around, I feel tempted to just start running and I do so. (It was more in my freshman year.) Running is fun