17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by Flordibel View Post
    HAH I adore Oikawa, but only because he's me (so I love and hate him in equal turns). My main love is Nekoma, just - the whole team, yeah - and any ship combination of Kuroo, Yaku, and Lev.

The body visuals in this show ARE SO IMPORTANT!! It's suuuuuch a physical show, and I think that point is driven home a LOT if you watch the stage plays. (I have all of them... subbed... lol) There's so much that goes on with setting up the sets and it's easy to see just how a player/actor has to jump or dive or swerve!

Oooh I haven't read the manga (the art style puts me off) but I know what's currently happening!!

OH MY GOSH Please hit me up with all the stage play details!!! I've wanted to watch them for a long time but never managed to get my hands on them so please tell me everything about them.

I am also a Nekoma ride or die girl, so I feel you. They are just such a good team and the dynamics are amazing and I love Kuroo SO MUCH. His dynamic with Bokuto and Daichi is my favourite ever (no ship, just bros) and Yaku/Kuroo is A Mood. I also have a huge soft spot for Fukurodani because Bokuto is an IDIOT and I LOVE IT.

One of the best things is how different teams have different dynamics because of their players. I did all of Kuroko no Basket and I was extremely underwhelmed by how all the teams felt really same-y. Haikyuu does an AMAZING job of having each team be unique and function differently and its amazing.

Speaking of KnB, I loved Kise SO MUCH which is why I am shocked that my love of Oikawa isn't more? Maybe because he's the most interesting character in that series while Haikyuu has lots of great interesting characters?????

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto View Post
    OH MY GOSH Please hit me up with all the stage play details!!! I've wanted to watch them for a long time but never managed to get my hands on them so please tell me everything about them.

I am also a Nekoma ride or die girl, so I feel you. They are just such a good team and the dynamics are amazing and I love Kuroo SO MUCH. His dynamic with Bokuto and Daichi is my favourite ever (no ship, just bros) and Yaku/Kuroo is A Mood. I also have a huge soft spot for Fukurodani because Bokuto is an IDIOT and I LOVE IT.

One of the best things is how different teams have different dynamics because of their players. I did all of Kuroko no Basket and I was extremely underwhelmed by how all the teams felt really same-y. Haikyuu does an AMAZING job of having each team be unique and function differently and its amazing.

Speaking of KnB, I loved Kise SO MUCH which is why I am shocked that my love of Oikawa isn't more? Maybe because he's the most interesting character in that series while Haikyuu has lots of great interesting characters?????
    The stage plays are INCREDIBLE. There's... 9 of them now, I think? Each of them covering a certain arc from the manga. So there's Summer of Evolution (summer training camp), The Best Team (Karasuno vs. Shiratorizawa), Tokyo no Jin (Tokyo battle ft. Nekoma/Nohebi/Fukurodani; they actually didn't put Karasuno in that play at ALL). The shows kind of have two trademarks: the first is their use of screens - a lot of the scenes / battles have the manga caps superimposed to give context, and effects are also shown to make the path of the nonexistent ball easier to follow.

This is from Winners and Losers, and it's Karasuno's match against Seijoh (I also think it's the show with the most stunning production design):

(you need an account to see links)

The second is the stage! These plays - all except for Summer of Evolution, I believe - feature a stage that has a rotating/revolving/raising stage in the middle. It's a pretty cool mechanism that allows the set to actually show you who's literally "on top" at any given point in the match, a figurative look at a character's "climb" to the top, or when they've finally leveled out and reached a goal.

This is a clip from The Best Team, the final set:

Then you have the complete FANSERVICE-Y plays, like I'd argue Tokyo no Jin / Tokyo Battle was. Why is Bokuto wearing That Coat? Why is Daishou so weirdly attractive? We may never know.

I'm happy to stream these!! I also have all the Daiya no Ace stage plays (but no subtitles) if you're interested in watching those! PM me if you're interested!!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    My friend and I just finished and S3 and oh boy, I love Oikawa more now lol.

And I totally agree about S4 animation getting little worse... I really hope it'll look better on the blu-ray.

As far as the stage plays go, I remember trying to watch the first one but I couldn't really get into it and stopped like 5-10 mins in??? Maybe I should try again, idk.

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by Flordibel View Post
    The stage plays are INCREDIBLE. There's... 9 of them now, I think? Each of them covering a certain arc from the manga. So there's Summer of Evolution (summer training camp), The Best Team (Karasuno vs. Shiratorizawa), Tokyo no Jin (Tokyo battle ft. Nekoma/Nohebi/Fukurodani; they actually didn't put Karasuno in that play at ALL). The shows kind of have two trademarks: the first is their use of screens - a lot of the scenes / battles have the manga caps superimposed to give context, and effects are also shown to make the path of the nonexistent ball easier to follow.

This is from Winners and Losers, and it's Karasuno's match against Seijoh (I also think it's the show with the most stunning production design):

The second is the stage! These plays - all except for Summer of Evolution, I believe - feature a stage that has a rotating/revolving/raising stage in the middle. It's a pretty cool mechanism that allows the set to actually show you who's literally "on top" at any given point in the match, a figurative look at a character's "climb" to the top, or when they've finally leveled out and reached a goal.

This is a clip from The Best Team, the final set:

Then you have the complete FANSERVICE-Y plays, like I'd argue Tokyo no Jin / Tokyo Battle was. Why is Bokuto wearing That Coat? Why is Daishou so weirdly attractive? We may never know.

I'm happy to stream these!! I also have all the Daiya no Ace stage plays (but no subtitles) if you're interested in watching those! PM me if you're interested!!

Oh my goodness these are AMAZING!!! Daishou is... very hot??? And Bokuto is a Big Boy like the manga I am appeased.

As someone who did things on the technical/stage production side of theatre for a while HOLY CRAP I love how they use the space and how creative they got with so many aspects of it!!! I will definitely be sliding into your PMs when I get a little bit of time.

Now, you must tell me your thoughts on the Karasuno boys.
    @(you need an account to see links) I totally agree about the Blu-Ray! I, ahem, may or may not just torrent them...

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Koto For This Useful Post:

Flordibel (05-04-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    @(you need an account to see links) totally understandable!
    Tbh iirc the first volume of the blu-ray should be out already but I can't find a torrent anywhere yet ):

I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    !! Glad I stumbled upon this thread, I love Haikyuu!! I'm super excited for the second cour to air, I want to see more of my boy Kita.....especially considering the latest chapter :')

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    The first Engeki without Kenta Suga's Hinata... am I strong enough? I don't know!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Anyone's following the 2nd part of S4?
    Ep 2's animation was very bad imo, but ep 3 was just really great so it totally made up for it lol. Haven't watched ep 4 yet, I'm watching with my friend and she's usually not as eager to watch as I am (even though when we are actually watching she's fangilring as much as I do lol)