Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How have your aspirations in Neopets changed through the years?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

How have your aspirations in Neopets changed through the years?

Hi everyone, I recently managed to log in to my 12 year old Neopets account (I have another account which was 19 years old, but I can't seem to find it anymore ).

I must admit, the excitement of finding my account and logging in again was overwhelming, and the interface of Neopets remained almost the same throughout the years. The nostalgia is real.

When I was a kid, I remember dreaming to train the strongest Neopet, get the most expensive items and paint brushes in the game, and beat all my friends in the game (Cliche, I know).

Right now, not so much. Instead, I am looking forward to explore the game, and understand the various means and strategies of earning NP. My motivations have changed to wanting to understand and experience the things that only the rich are able to do in Neopets.

So, how have your goals in Neopets changed through the years? Is there anything else that is worth exploring in Neopets, that I do not know of?

On a side note, I am still trying to get over the #throwback. Man, I miss those years back then.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to klgw1992 For This Useful Post:

Infiniti (07-09-2019)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    341d 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    That is a really good question - way back when, I used to be all. Over. UCS. I was obsessed with having (and keeping) a main account full of UC faeries specifically.
    When the PC Outlist and rampant reporting became a thing, I switched my aspirations to NC. I wanted to be that NC bitch lmao, flashing all the popular items like CBG and Wish BG and Nutty FP and shit on my white kacheeks. It sounds kind of silly but I loved to collect pretty things even if it meant buying such a collection.

Instead of assets I find value in having sick stats. Having a lot of avatars and trophies is pretty important to me atm I'll always love buying pretty pixels tho, that'll never change LOL

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

Daffodil (07-11-2019),Malarkey (07-10-2019),tonic (07-10-2019)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Mine used to be painting my pets - I would have killed to get a Darigan PB. But now that I'm older and have the money to spend on NC trading, that's what I'm into - it seemed so unattainable when I was younger!

(Which it very well was - when $5 of NC gets you nothing, lmao)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    91 times
    Time Online
    66d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I've always been interested in getting pretty pets and after the conversion, that drive really ramped up. I absolutely sucked at making NP so I basically had cheaply painted pets up until 2010ish haha! Around 2012 I started hopping on the PC train and my teenage self really wanted in on the UC elitist craze but as you know, pet trading was horrendous (it's honestly even worse now). I knew about some cheating sites and after a few months of lurking and chickening out, I bought my first UC which was a vwn UC faerie meerca (I still have her ). Over time, I've been pretty on and off with buying/trading UCs since I basically bought everything I've ever wanted but I've always thought collecting UCs was really fun for me.

I guess my current aspirations would be to get back into digital art since I've always adored character making. With classes and work, finding the time to do that is definitely harder but it's something I really want to do in the future or bit by bit. I just bought a new tablet so it's really only a matter of finding time or motivation.

Avatars and trophies are cool but for me, UCs have always been where it's at!
    Last edited by Glow; 07-09-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks Menine and Cybun ♥

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Glow For This Useful Post:

Crow (07-10-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    37d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Back in the day, my goal was 1 million neopoints and to go out to the club with Jazz_Invincible.

(Am I the only one who remembers those meet-up boards? lol)

I don't really have goals anymore. Forever waiting on a BD fix. At the current rate, I'd have better luck constructing a time machine.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Not much at all. My main goals are painting my pets the colors I want them to be, getting the game/event/feature trophies I'm working toward, and making lots of neopoints.

My latest goal is winning the customization spotlight with one of my pets in particular. This is a newer goal for me that I've been aiming toward for a couple of years. Not sure if I'll actually win, but I'd like to hope that happens someday.

EEL SUSHI

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    2d 22h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    My main goal was a complete BD set back in the day. You know, the typical best in slot items.... M-Skull, Jade, Suaps, WoDF, TTear, etc etc. I came back and attained all that within ~4 months.

Pronouns
    He/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 9h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    When i was 10 years old my goals was to reach the 1m neopoints, paint my pet cookie and train him like no tomorrow! i built a pretty good account trough years with like 285 avatars, some good amount of neopoints and stuff like that and i got freezed for getting lent a stolen BGC. after that everything changed and i created/buyed accounts just to troll, talk with people from the spanish AC but never tried to build my account like my first main.

now, after a 5 years hiatus i just try to be a nice person, my main goals its to help that new users that seems like they pretty young and have that emotion for neopets.
    i look for Wishlists, dream pets and things like that and try to help them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Evangelion For This Useful Post:

Noriko (07-10-2019)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 7h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I'm more of a bitter, cynical player than I used to be before the conversion. I think it was because I had pets that I worked hard for and was more "legit" back in the day and a lot of my pets got auto converted (Royalgirl Poogle and Usul, Faerie Zafara, Tyrannian Kougra, etc.) So I stopped focusing on painting and stuff and decided to invest in names, items and NC.

So I guess my attention to painting my pets drifted away into other areas of the site (even thought I'm slowly buying UCs again because damn that artwork had charm).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

Crow (07-10-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    4d 22h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    My big aspiration was to get a faerie peo... then I was dumb and bought nps off a site that obviously wasn't safe (teenager at the time)
    and got my baby frozen D: The first thing I did when I found CK was buy a UC Fae peo, but it wasn't the same and I ended up trading it.
    Now I aspire to just not get bored and go on hiatus for 2 years at a time, like I've been doing since I got married lol