13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

Any Sims players on here?

I just recently got Sims 4. I had never actually played Sims before, but now I am addicted.. I even went 2 weeks trying to free up enough space to download it lol. Does anyone on here play? What do you do? Play, Create Sims or build houses? Favorite cheats/challenges?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I'm a HUGE Sims fan! Been playing since Sims 1 in my childhood lol. I go through phases with the game though, where I'll play for 2 months straight, then not touch the game for months. Welcome to the Sims family

My favorite thing to do is Create A Sim! Love figuring out how to make unique looking Sims, and sometimes trying to make them look like people irl, too. I have about 30gbs of custom content though (thank you tumblr), so sometimes I end up just playing in CAS the entire time, without ever actually touching live play lol. I'm awful at building houses, so I usually download those lots the gallery when I need them. I follow a couple of Sims Youtubers that are builders & tend to use their lots. As for favorite challenges... the Not So Berry challenge is alot of fun. So is the Sims 4 Experiences challenge on Tumblr, but that one's great for if you have a bunch of the expansions.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I have never tried any packs or mods, not sure how to work them lol

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Get used to the base game first & then once you're craving more content, look into buying any expansion packs that might interest you There are great bundles on eBay too that have multiple packs for cheaper than normal price. And they go on sale on Origin all the time.

Custom content / mods are kinda a rabbit hole for the Sims. Once you get into them, it's very time consuming and hard to play without them lol. There's lots of great stuff out there on tumblr though, if you get to that point where you wanna check it out!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I looooved Sims2 and played many hours. I contemplated buying Sims3 or Sims4 for the PS4.Is one superior to another? I heard both pros and cons about them and don't know how to decide..

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by namira123 View Post
    I looooved Sims2 and played many hours. I contemplated buying Sims3 or Sims4 for the PS4.Is one superior to another? I heard both pros and cons about them and don't know how to decide..
    The sims is best played on the PC, if that�s an option for you. If not, it�s honestly personal preference. The Sims 4 is newer and looks better, imo. It definitely runs better than 3 did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Custom userbar/avvie by the lovely @(you need an account to see links)

Beautiful starbirb Ryu, Meteion, by the talented @(you need an account to see links)!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) You are the second person who recommends PC specifically. My current notebook is too laggy, unfortunately (Sims2 is already too much), but I will consider buying it when I get a new notebook which should be in the next 2 years I think.

Can you pinpoint what exactly you prefer on PC? I mean I know it's kinda a preference, but what is it? The keyboard vs. controller maybe?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    For one, expansions and updates. The game is more complete, content-wise, on PC. Also the controls are awful on console, since you still have to use a cursor and it�s very hard to use with the joysticks. That makes it much harder to do things like Create-a-Sim and build houses. Most importantly for me though is the lack of mods on console. I literally have not played vanilla Sims (the Sims without mods or custom content) since the Sims 2. It�s like a whole new game on PC, since you can add mods that change the way the game works (or improve mechanics that don�t work right) & add in items that aren�t available in the normal game. People upload the content they�ve made and you can download it on the gallery, or on websites like tumblr. All for free. It�s the best & most creative part of the Sims, IMO. I almost exclusively use other people�s houses & lots when I play, since I suck at building. I love downloading other people�s Sims into my game too though. I have over 25gbs of custom content & mods, if that tells you anything about the amount of amazing content out there for the Sims. You can�t do any of that on console.

Beautiful starbirb Ryu, Meteion, by the talented @(you need an account to see links)!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Honestly my favorite thing to do is just to decorate the houses. I don't have as much fun actually playing as I do re-configuring a preexisting house or starting from the ground up and seeing something completed.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Same for me, except with making Sims. Most of the time, I�ll hop on the game, spend 3 hours making a family, save them, then turn it off without even playing the actual game haha