Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you all meet your (current) life partner?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4d 7h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I met my boyfriend from our local subreddit like a crazy person.

He took me to a scuzzy bar in his dirty jeep and I fell for him for some reason. Love that boy, though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    12d 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I met my boyfriend on SecondLife.
    We met irl after 6 months of dating.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    We met via Tinder, haha. Getting married this year, so I guess one could say it worked out for us.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    20h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I met my fiance while we working together in 2017, she was in a bad relationship with an abusive guy and so I started talking to her and getting to know her. Then I realized I might be in love with her. I never pushed it, because I knew she was in a relationship, no matter how shitty it was. After about 2 months of hanging out daily at work, we started getting close, I would even come up on days I didnt work while she was on break just to spend 20-30 mins with her. FInally fate stepped in and her dumbass ex went to prison for 2 years. So I made my move after he had been gone about a week, I told her I cared about her and that I wanted to be with her. It was the best decision Ive ever made. We have been together going on 2 and a half years now. We have a 2 year old boy together and Ive already proposed but we havent set a date yet. Thats how I met mine <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    30d 23h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Met him at work, before he left for a different job. Funny enough, I'm his mother's boss.

Why, yes. The world does revolve around me.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Mine's actually a long story.

My brother and his friend had been evicted from their apartment due to an abundance of noise complaints. I allowed them stay in the living room in my 1 bedroom apartment (having been the property manager of this building at the time so I knew at least they couldn't possibly get me kicked out. lol)

After about a week of them being there, my brother's friend asked if I minded that he had friend over, I was fine with that, but what he had failed to mention was that his friend was a dealer and was coming over with part of his supply in tow, and that they had both already dropped acid. While a part of me felt disrespected, as this person who I was housing our of charity saw fit to invite a person who was a stranger to me, and whose presence could endanger my job, they both just looked so wounded when I told them what a shitty thing it was to do that I started to feel as though they didn't have ill intent they just hadn't considered how I would feel at all.

They then proceeded to inform me that they were going to go to work (they worked at the same place) and I just laughed, and took their keys because they were clearly in no state to drive. As my brother's friend left to call in for them, I started speaking to the other boy, and he began pointing out things about around my apartment and presumes to guess what kind of person I am for fun. He was correct about a few things and then we started talking about our beliefs and how the world is and what makes us happy, and before I know it I almost actually like this human. We exchanged phone numbers and then his friend ended up wronging me terribly a couple of days later, coming into my room in the middle of the night, while I was sleeping. I don't think either of us knew what to think at that point, so we didn't speak after that.

Fast forward three years, he has messaged me on Facebook maybe a dozen times and we would speak briefly, asking how the other was, with him trying to sweet talk me and failing. He moved to California to get sober, and I was in Seattle. Finally one day he asked me to come to meet him and gave me a cross street. I like adventure and spontaneity, so I go. It turns out he didn't mean for me to meet him right then, so I left after a couple of hours, thinking I was stood up, and I call him out for being a jerk. He was shocked that I went, and immediately after work, at 1am he came to my place and we stayed up talking all night. This went of for weeks before we kissed. We got married after 6 months, and have been married for nearly a year now.

And that is how we met/got together xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I met my girlfriend playing don't starve, actually. She taught me how to punch butterflies. We were friends for a good 2 and a half years before we confessed we had feelings for each other.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    9d 6h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    weird kinda story cx

I knew his roommate in real life and we used to go to high school together. I played league of legends with my now significant other and his roommate and he actually used to hate me sooo much. I would joke and be toxic that he sucked at the game to the point he actually didn't wanna play with me anymore XD
    I guess he got nosey and he just decided to look me up on his friends facebook and we hit it off from there xD
    took me a few weeks to build the confidence to actually go and drive to his house to meet him... I finally did .... and his first words to me were "oh my god you are SOOO small" .... like gee thanks best way to start (^:

we are currently 4 years going strong ^o^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    My mom got a surgery and had to go to PT afterwards. Her therapist lived in the same city as me and they thought she was basically a female "me". My parents were talking her up saying that we'd get along well. They eventually convinced me to pick my mom up to say hello. Said hello, made small talk, but didn't really wanna be overbearing because who wants to be hit on at work? Some things go over her head, so she didn't catch on to why I was there until later on. Went down to Mexico for a week in early January and it turns out my gf's coworker gave my mom her number. My mom didn't give it to me or tell me because she wanted it to come right the source. So here I was in Mexico for a week and my now gf thought I wasn't interested since I hadn't texted her. My mom went back for her last appointment and was given a post-it with my gf's number on it. Ended up texting for a few days, went out for dinner, drinks, then the rest is history. Dating 6 months now, planning to get our own spot when our leases are up early next year. She's pretty great.

tl;dr - I guess my mom is now wingwoman of the year lol
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

j03 (07-21-2019),quirkyquill (11-07-2019)