Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How did you all meet your (current) life partner?

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    We met playing in a D&D group that assembled first online through my university's TRPG club. The day we all started to play in person at my DM's apartment, he was late and I was to get the door to let him in. It was literally something out of a movie - he was looking really fly, standing tall in his motorcycle gear, with his helmet held by his hip while I was massively starstruck. We were lucky enough to sit next to each other at the table. I only ironically believe in this astrology shit, but I was so smitten that I looked up his sign (Libra) which Im sure EVERYONE HAS DONE TO THEIR CRUSHES lol and read on some site that with Libras you have to be forward. This gave me the courage to actually do so, so within a few weeks I had him under my spell! I'm pretty sure most guys find that attractive anyway, lol.

Turns out we had always been as close to soulmates as we could be. He's two years older than I am so he's graduated uni now, and he's just waiting for me to finish, but we intend on being life partners
    Last edited by Maki; 11-27-2019 at 08:55 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

Babaa (11-27-2019),cute can kill (01-11-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    19d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Everyones story is so cute. I love this thread.

My ex had broken up with me about 7 months prior. I was devastated because I swore we were going to be together forever. He was my first everything and it was all cliche. I was obsessed with him but looking back, it was very unhealthy and mildly abusive.

In order to get over him asap, I signed up for bumble, tinder, coffee meets bagel, okcupid,you name it. I was in college at the time, so getting dates was very easy on a campus and college town.

But after having 10-12 first-third dates, you get really tired of having the same conversations... "what do you do" "do you have pets" "what music do you like" on repeat.

But I found this guy on tinder and we clicked very well. He was the person I was interested in out of anyone I talked to. He was super into me...until he ghosted two months in. His ex apparently asked for him back and he ran off. I was devestated again, but honestly it was for the best since he was identical to my ex in personalty. It would've been the same shitty relationship all over again.

I went back to tinder and promised myself, one more date then I give up on online dating. Then itd be back to being depressed how I'd be single foreverrrr (I was very depressed at the dating scene and still from my ex who I was pining over)

So I swiped right on a guy who had a dog in his profile pic (classic). We started talking and went on a first date. I had very low hopes at this point in my dating life. And I told myself no matter what, this would be my last first date. Though, I really expected it to be the last because I had given up hope and was going to swear off dating.

Fast forward 3 years and it really probably was my last first date.