27/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    9d 12h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Well, to be honest... 32 GB is nothing.
    I'd say your options are to either downgrade back to Windows 7 or another smaller version of Windows (please not Vista or 8 though) or get a new laptop.
    Windows 10 is quite heavy and it only gets worse, soon enough, your current space won't be enough.
    Trust me, a 500 GB, maybe even 1 TB regular Hard Drive laptop/notebook isn't that expensive and will serve you better in the long run.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by iminnocent View Post
    Well, to be honest... 32 GB is nothing.
    I'd say your options are to either downgrade back to Windows 7 or another smaller version of Windows (please not Vista or 8 though) or get a new laptop.
    Windows 10 is quite heavy and it only gets worse, soon enough, your current space won't be enough.
    Trust me, a 500 GB, maybe even 1 TB regular Hard Drive laptop/notebook isn't that expensive and will serve you better in the long run.
    I didn't know you could do that! You can replace windows?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    9d 12h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    I didn't know you could do that! You can replace windows?
    Yes! You could either buy a copy of an older Windows distro, which I highly doubt you will find nowadays since they recently announced they will no longer be supporting and updating Windows 7 or you could download a pirate version and burn the image to either a CD or a bootable pendrive and go from there.
    Or you could use Linux

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Yes! You could either buy a copy of an older Windows distro, which I highly doubt you will find nowadays since they recently announced they will no longer be supporting and updating Windows 7 or you could download a pirate version and burn the image to either a CD or a bootable pendrive and go from there.
    Or you could use Linux
    I heard of Linux but not in years, do you have it? Also I am trying to gt Sims 4 lol I need to clear literally .24MB but I have nothing left to delete xD I am just trying to find some way to disable the updates but everything keeps saying access denied -__-

Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    9d 12h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I heard of Linux but not in years, do you have it? Also I am trying to gt Sims 4 lol I need to clear literally .24MB but I have nothing left to delete xD I am just trying to find some way to disable the updates but everything keeps saying access denied -__-
    You'd probably have to remove them through regedit or something.
    About Linux, every Linux distro is free and open source, so it's about finding the one most suitable for you. I personally use Kali Linux since it comes pre-shipped with tools and features I care about and use when programming. Maybe check Ubuntu?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    You'd probably have to remove them through regedit or something.
    About Linux, every Linux distro is free and open source, so it's about finding the one most suitable for you. I personally use Kali Linux since it comes pre-shipped with tools and features I care about and use when programming. Maybe check Ubuntu?
    It says I don't have it when I try to open it

Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    9d 12h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    It says I don't have it when I try to open it
    Oh, now that's weird...
    You should probably get another OS or a new computer. If you decide to get a new OS though, make sure to backup all your files and have someone help guide you through it

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I got a laptop for $50 off ebay and it had 500gb of space back in like 2013 (granted it was windows XP but at least it can connect to the internet, has some USB ports, and can do some other stuff, just don't expect to game on it. It also required a bit of TLC in fixing the body but nothing that cost me extra.) I still have it, and I use it for work related things, and it still works like when I bought it. Even upgraded it to win 7 and it's fine.

I would search ebay for cheap laptops in general because it's gonna be a LOT harder work with 32gb than it would be to just get something on the cheap side.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Guys, I can't get a computer lol I have just admitted defeat. Even 50 bucks.. I have to buy a transmission and wheel bearing and brakes and pay this stupid failure to provide my insurance card plus the hundred bills I have. Trust me, I would LOVE a new laptop. Also this one is very sentimental I am very attached to it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/1
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Did your laptop come with Windows 10 or did you update it later? If Windows 10 is it's factory OS then it's likely that you won't be able to install older versions of Windows on it even if you tried. (This happened to me when I bougth a laptop with Windows 10, tried to downgrade it to Windows 7 but the hardware wasn't compatible anymore)
    Linux is super light but you can't play most games on it. I have a Windows 10 and Linux Mint dual boot on my laptop because I mostly just use Linux for programming stuff

My suggestion for you, considering you can't get a new computer, would be first trying to read up on ways you can make Windows 10 faster. Windows 10 is a super heavy OS and many laptop users struggle with it as it makes them super slow. One thing I did on mine was disable Windows Defender as it kept using an absurd amount of my CPU and also disabled updates. I think there are many guides out there to help make Windows 10 less crappy on laptops so maybe try that first before thinking about changing OS.
    If this doesn't work and you are willing to backup all your files and wipe this computer clean, I would suggest trying to install Windows 7, but keeping in mind that your efforts may be for nothing as a lot of laptops that come with Windows 10 are made so that older versions of Windows won't work on it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Madotsuki For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (05-19-2019)