Thread: Anyone going to go to Dappervolk when it is finally released?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 18h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Anyone going to go to Dappervolk when it is finally released?

I missed out on the Kickstarter and getting into the beta. I been kinda been paying attention to it. Was wondering if it was mostly hype or actually something to go in on when it finally opens up.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    138 times
    Time Online
    59d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    I played the beta for a while and wasn't too excited. The art is pretty, but that's really... about it, I'm afraid. Of course that was just the beta, but I don't think the final game will be very different.

It was boring, grindy, with unimaginative mini games and some (fetch & gather) quests and redoing the same dialogue.

I expect the final game to still be 'redo the same crap over and over.'

It's a shame really, it seemed like it'd be great. I liked the whole customization & layering system they had for clothes but it wasn't really that great beyond that.

(you need an account to see links)

🌜 ALL YOUR STARDROP ARE BELONG TO ME ⭐✨
    hatched as drake: 01.11.2021

Guides by me: (you need an account to see links) | (you need an account to see links)

ty Dita ♥

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stardew For This Useful Post:

Cybun (05-06-2019),Domier (01-07-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 44m
    Terribly boring and mismanaged, I got a relatively low ID account and stuff but nah, I'm not going back there

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cybun For This Useful Post:

j03 (05-06-2019),Stardew (05-06-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    9d 6h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    if they would just release updates about when it will actually come out lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    73d 12h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    The recent updates looks promising. Im liking the guild features the most. Looks sleek with message forum + live chat room.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I feel like I overhyped beta launch way too much, so when it DID launch, It didn't reach my expectations, or what I was hoping for it to be. I have a feeling the game will be frustrating and boring full launch. The affection gates were god awful.. I've dumped so much money into the game though, so hopefully it works out. Quisling takes forever just to finish one pet or character, so that is one major thing I'm weary on. How are you gonna keep up with a game and such if you take 2 weeks to finish one thing? Makes me think a lot.

I'll definitely be joining full launch, just because I know any low ID pets can go for tons.. We'll see what happens!!

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 8h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    I participated in the alpha and enjoyed it, signed up for the beta too and it was ok. I don't consider it to be super engaging, but the fact that it has a plot is interesting I guess. Art is nice and it's the only other site i know of aside from neo that has petpages, but other than that it wasnt that exciting of a game to me. i dont like how some things rely on affection and routes, but that's technically what's advertised when it states it has the rpg experience.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I had backed the Kickstarter and played pretty heavily during the beta. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend wasting any time/money on it. You'll run out of story content pretty fast (the only thing that really slows it down are the arbitrary time limits), and after that's done, all that's left is endless grinding. Sure, they promise that there will be more stuff in the future, but the current rate of adding things seems to be something like 6+ months per new town, even if all of the art assets are done far in advance. I think the hangup is primarily the coding, which isn't likely to change. Also, a defining feature of the site is that all shops are gacha, even the premium one IIRC.

It was just super overhyped and not delivered upon in the slightest. I got the impression that the creator knew nothing whatsoever about game design and simply tried to mash together all of their favorite things. They rely heavily upon their artistic ability, and that won't tide you over for long. I'm sure the site will last for a while in the same way that most petsites do, but that's simply because we're all starved for an actual good one, lol.

Edit: Oh! Forgot to add that management can't take any criticism whatsoever. They started throwing a hissyfit because people were (rightfully) not fond of one of the NPCs, whose whole existence so far seems to be about being a jerk. There was a TOS update or something of that sort saying that you have to treat NPCs like real people because of it. Absolutely absurd.
    Last edited by Leafeon; 11-18-2019 at 07:00 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Leafeon For This Useful Post:

j03 (02-21-2020)