9/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    19d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

Anyone here into bodybuilding?

I could post on bodybuilding dot com but I figured I'd try this community first. Bodybuilding gives me a meh feel about it.

I started my fitness journey 9 months ago. I'm skinny fat per say, and I started first with a slow bulk. In 9 months I've gained 10lbs and I'm currently 5' 5", 130lbs and 23%bf.

I've gained strength relative to what's significant for me. Still lifting light weights, but I went from bench pressing with 2 10lb DBs for 3x12 to 20lb DBs for 4x12. Little gains, but I'm proud of doubling my strength.

I'm going to start a cut since I'm getting a little too fat for my liking. But I'm afraid I'll cut, lose any muscle I gained, and look exactly the same as I did before the 9 month bulk - especially in the stomach area.

Anyone have any advice for me? Maybe words of encouragement. How many cycles does it take to see significant results?

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    When I lose a bit more of the fat I do plan on taking on body building.

I'm on a pretty good track so far.

I don't have much advice, but I do encourage you to try it out.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4d 9h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Hey there! Hopefully you're still interested in your fitness goals and my advice won't come too late...

*If you're looking to lean out you'll need to be in a caloric deficit. Meaning you'll need to consume less calories than you normally would to maintain your current weight. Typically, people cut back around 500 calories per day. I'd suggest getting MyFitnessPal so you can easily track your macros (protein, carb, and fat) and caloric intake.

*Increase your lean protein intake. You want to consume 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. (If you weigh 130lbs you want to try to get 130g of protein everyday.)

*You'll still need to strength train and continue to increase the weight. Ideally you want to lift heavy for 6-8 reps. This will help with your muscle growth.

*Don't forget to incorporate cardio! The best cardio for fat loss is aerobic cardio. Hop on the treadmill and increase that incline or a stationary bike. You're not trying to sprint or go super hard... just enough to break a sweat.

*SLEEP! Make sure you're getting a solid 7+ hours of sleep a day. Sleep is so important for recovery and your overall health.
    *Try some supplements. If you're open and into trying supplements you could add them to your routine. BCAAs are really popular intra/post workout. BCAAs are branched chain amino acids and they help with muscle fatigue/recovery.

As always, this is just my opinion and knowledge I've gained on my own personal fitness journey. I encourage you to continue to do your own research and try different things to find what works best for you! Hopefully this post was somewhat useful. Feel free to reach out if you need me to elaborate on anything or have other questions.