DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    cK is probably the root inspiration for my ability to code now. It started off as a place to come scrape some AOB codes for my account, and then beginning to decompile games to make my own AOB codes. Then, upon seeing the existing programs written in python I became curious about coding. After making some tweaks here and there, learning how to manipulate the existing python code to get some other things done on Neo, I began to branch out in Python with web-based games I play. Without that initial stepping stone, I would not have been able to merge over to Java which unfortunately now is what I spend most of my days coding in due to the language the game I spend the majority of my time working on and developing is coded in. I haven't made it into a career yet, but I've made some decent money from the work I've put out on this other game, and if I had to trace it back it probably started here. Before that I was just a front-end web guy. So I tip my hat to the coders that have come and gone, and put some sick releases out there with the source included so amateurs like myself can progress.

Aside from that, cK has that good community feeling with some of the most random people I've ever encountered. Although I typically stick to my corner of the world doing avatar services, each customer I've had has always chatted it up with me on Discord because I get extremely bored with wait times and I've had some really great conversations. I never take it for granted. Lastly but not least, the staff of cK have always been great as well. Always willing to entertain my nonsensical questions or requests whenever I message them one on one, which now that I have my own non-neo related community, I can really appreciate more because the amount of dumb questions I can't be bothered with is over 9000. Kudos to you guys.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm happy that it's still here and a place for people to socialize outside of the big social media platforms. I started on Neopets around 18 years ago in 2001 and have known Joe since at least 2003 if I recall correctly. Life gets busy but it's nice to be able to come back once in a while and see that some aspects of the community have held on since this forum started.

I haven't been lucky enough to get to know many people on here as I've been gone a long time but it makes me happy that others are able to enjoy it the way they do!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    7d 6h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    It's a nice place to discuss a side of neopets so shunned on the actual site. All the people I've interacted are really nice and the posts are very helpful tbh.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Welcome to the forum! It really is one of my favorite places (:

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    CK gives me the kind of community I can no longer get from Neo. Also, I really like staying on top of everything on Neo and can't think of any better place for that than here. Plus, the people here are really great and have given me a ton of advice and support for real life issues!

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    It's the only forum I deem worthy of my time anymore.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    CK gives me the kind of community I can no longer get from Neo. Also, I really like staying on top of everything on Neo and can't think of any better place for that than here. Plus, the people here are really great and have given me a ton of advice and support for real life issues!
    This exactly! I love helping people out with real life things because I know what it's like to not really have a support system.