Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys do for a living and do you feel fullfilled?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 22h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I work as a Home Health and Hospice nurse and I absolutely love it, I'm currently going back to school to get my RN. My end goal is to become a Midwife in a hospital.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Killer For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (05-16-2019),MadameNova (05-26-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (05-12-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I operate heavy machinery on mine sites. Pay is good but its kind of a dead end job, i've reached the peak in my 20's. So I'm currently going back to school while working, studying computer science.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sank For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (05-16-2019)

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I am a stay at home mum
    Hoping to go back to college/uni in a year or 2 and train to be a dental nurse. Dentist would be ideal job but that's 6 years training full time. I can't do that when I have young kids

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sezy For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    135d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    I'm still a student in Business Administration. Can't really say I love what I am doing but I'll pull through and see where it leads me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clodsire For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 3h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I work private security at a hospital while going through college. Most of the time it's boring because nothing happens, but when things do happen that's when I get job satisfaction. There was a visitor who was visiting her husband who is a patient. The visitor ended up wandering off (later found out she was diabetic and hypoglycemic) and getting closed in an emergency stairwell. Security is the only one who patrols those stairwells and I came across her, was told by the emergency staff that I had very likely saved her life as she would have died down there without medical attention.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JudgeLawlington For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (05-16-2019),MadameNova (05-26-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (05-12-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeLawlington View Post
    I work private security at a hospital while going through college. Most of the time it's boring because nothing happens, but when things do happen that's when I get job satisfaction. There was a visitor who was visiting her husband who is a patient. The visitor ended up wandering off (later found out she was diabetic and hypoglycemic) and getting closed in an emergency stairwell. Security is the only one who patrols those stairwells and I came across her, was told by the emergency staff that I had very likely saved her life as she would have died down there without medical attention.
    This is awesome! I can't think of anything more rewarding than the knowledge that you saved a life.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Lots of people seem to be at school / going back to school later in life. That's awesome! never too late to up skill!

I wonder if study drives people back to Neopets though. I know it did for me!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    135d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Quote Originally Posted by sank View Post
    Lots of people seem to be at school / going back to school later in life. That's awesome! never too late to up skill!

I wonder if study drives people back to Neopets though. I know it did for me!
    Same for me lol. I finished my Bachelors degree last winter (doing my masters now) and decided it was a good time to check out Neo again after almost 6 years of hiatus.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I am a librarian in a University library and for the most part I feel fulfilled. I get to meet and work with people from all over the world which is a unique experience and my favorite part of the job. I often tell myself when I'm helping students find information that they could be the person that cures cancer, etc. which makes my work feel more meaningful as well. There are a lot of University benefits too - we are a Catholic institution (I am personally not religious) so I end up with almost 20 paid holidays because we get time off for holy days plus American holidays - in addition to my regular vacation days. There are also opportunities to chaperone student trips twice a year which is almost like a free vacation (where you and another employee play the parent to 10-15 students). This spring I went to Mexico, and next week I leave for South Africa!

The biggest downside to my job is the pay. I live comfortably, with a roommate, but I'm not even close to putting a dent into my student loans - even though my position requires a master's degree. That seems to be a common theme in many professions, so I try to enjoy the other perks and not think about the money too much.

lovely ub and avatar by the endlessly talented @(you need an account to see links)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibraryFaerie For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (05-16-2019),MadameNova (05-26-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    i work in mcdonalds you tell me

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post: