Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What do you guys do for a living and do you feel fullfilled?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    7d 6h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I work as a web developer. Or rather, I did.

At the moment I am a stay at home mum to a little bub.

Neopets got me into coding when I was young... I hear this is actually quite common amongst web devs.

I really miss my job now. It was really fun building custom web solutions from the ground up. But my bub will only be young once.
    Same! I am a web dev and it was neopets that got me into it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Im a full time student right now but before this i worked as an amateur cake decorator It was fulfilling sometimes i guess. But i really enjoyed doing it and didnt hate going to work so that was good lol

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    21d 17h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    i'm a farmhand and it's honestly the most fulfilling job i've ever had. i love working with my hands and having something physical produced at the end of the day to show for all my effort.

gets you real buff too

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I'm a High School Science Teacher (Years 7-12 in Aus).

It's fulfilling enough for me, but I go home exhausted more often than not as I find needing to constantly be switched on and extended social interaction tiring. I have gained so many soft skills from this profession and it has built up my confidence in a way I wasn't expecting. My organisational skills have also dramatically increased, as I've been in the industry at the same school despite being a temp I have managed to be as efficient as I can with myself when at work and have a significantly reduced workload when I get home as a result.

My heart lies more with animals and I have volunteered with both wildlife (rehabilitation) and at a pet shelter in the past. I personally enjoyed that more and I have considered going down that line later on, or at least work in an educational side of a place that focuses on animals like wildlife park. For now, I am okay with where I am.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I started my own business not so long ago. I always wanted to be an entrepreneur and finally my dream has come true. I found out here (you need an account to see links) how much does it cost to build an mvp and decided to give it a try. It was the right solution.
    Last edited by Sam Grin; 10-25-2019 at 08:30 AM.