Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: As Neopets user, where do you lean on the political spectrum?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    19d 5h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I live in an oil and gas province so until the government here actually pushes cleaner energy instead of more taxes I'll be far right.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I don't really have an interest in politics right now, and I'm not from USA (which seems to be what most people here are talking about- american politics), but if I were I guess I'd be center-left or moderate-left; mostly due to environmental issues. I could see myself getting more into it in the future, but for now I just want to get by under the radar.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm very progressive, but I don't align with political party where I live. I find all the political parties here to be different shades of corrupt. I've been shying away from political discussions lately due to how toxic the political climate is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Drumbeatechoes For This Useful Post:

|2eap (06-13-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    as far as america goes, the only thing that can save us is a complete collapse of government. just something all new. we're too far in the hole to get out

and quite honestly, im not sure why anyone is still upholding the constitution written by a bunch of old white dudes almost 300 years ago.

like, look at the gun shooting in NZ a few weeks ago. they're already working on banning guns after one shooting.but america wont take the step to remove guns. i guess its the governments way of population control.

as far as my political view, i dont freaking know. we always voted for blue for prez but im getting to be a salty ass old lady now.(i guess i lean more to the right), and i dont think it really matters. world is going to shit anyways

This reminds me of Jim Jefferies Gun Control stand up. Absolutely hilarious and recommend everyone to watch!

Politics bores me and I try to stay as ignorant as possible (probably not a good thing but generally I'm an opinionated person and I feel like it's better for my mental health this way). My household is far right. From what I choose to educate myself with, I think I'd be considered a centrist(sp?)? Is that a thing? For what it's worth, I see the benefits in some aspects from both sides but overall I think both the far left and far right are all donkeys.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm not entirely sure what I'd be considered due to my combination of beliefs, but I think I'm most closely left leaning. I don't really like how the political spectrum actually works, at least as far as the US goes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    9d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I have no political leanings, but if I had too, I would call myself a Centrist.

Being on Neo made me more aware of how people act when they are not face-to-face with the consequences of their speech (I came late to computers/internet).
    This made me a little more aware of this practise in political circles.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ploop View Post
    Being on Neo made me more aware of how people act when they are not face-to-face with the consequences of their speech (I came late to computers/internet).
    This is largely only applicable to the toxic shit-culture that is neopets.com and /r/neopets. These players are entitled, trigger-happy asshats that have a loose grasp of reality.

The rest of the internet is bad, but people on neo have recourse, i.e. a report button.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Hardcore left. Antifa anarchist. L:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I lean more towards a conservative lefty.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    13d 16h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoelessJP View Post
    I'm very progressive, but I don't align with political party where I live. I find all the political parties here to be different shades of corrupt. I've been shying away from political discussions lately due to how toxic the political climate is.
    This exactly. I consider myself mostly left on most issues, maybe center-leaning on some. I'm from a Province that is almost entirely Conservative, but my fiance is Marxist-Leninist. I find myself stuck in the middle often just kind of hoping no one pushes anyone's buttons.

Granted, sometimes pushing those buttons is how people learn about different viewpoints, and I think having an open-mind to those with different leanings/beliefs than you can only every be good.

o o f

Call me Soph

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Spohia For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (06-15-2020)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast