Thread: Seungri of BigBang: solicitation in k-pop and corruption in the police force (content warning)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    12d 4h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Seungri of BigBang: solicitation in k-pop and corruption in the police force (content warning)

Seungri attends police questioning as a suspect, gives brief statement of apology:

Since this is still a developing story, here are the most recent articles as of the timing of this post:
    (you need an account to see links)

I'm still in shock tbh. Who would have thought what started out as a random assault caught on film would have escalated to this. If it's making waves around the world I can only imagine how fans and the kpop community are taking this in South Korea. Not to mention the real victims in all this are the women who were filmed without their consent and forced to "perform" while drugged and inebriated. You'd think this would be the worst it can get but there's evidence the local police force fucking knew about this and either looked the other way and/or were bribed into silence.

There's no good side to this. It's horrifying and chilling.

I've been a fan of BigBang for a couple years, not during their heyday but I enjoyed a good chunk of their songs. Now I can never listen to another one because when Seungri's parts come on I get this creepy-crawly feeling up my spine. It's just. There's no words.

PS. Not sure if this is the right section so mods feel free to move if it's appropriate.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 21h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've been following this story for months and looking at how the police are handling this, these men are going to get away with their crimes scot-free. A lot of Koreans have zero faith in their police as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybluehun0327 For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (03-15-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    28d 20h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    This story really depresses me because I've been a fan of BB for a really long time.

But from an outsider's perspective, I would be throwing rocks at Seungri and everyone involved that solicited young women.
    I'm so glad that this is being brought to light. It was always a known rumor that women in the kpop industry were forced to give sexual favors and I'm so glad women in Korea are getting the justice that they deserve whether they're in the industry or not. It's a huge problem in Korea and needed to be addressed.

Their careers are OVER. BB is most likely over. YG is ruined.
    This issue goes far beyond kpop. It's like the US issue with actors who sexually assault up and coming actresses.
    Any entertainment business is sketchy af and we need to call out the people who abuse their powers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lenars For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (03-15-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by babybluehun0327 View Post
    I've been following this story for months and looking at how the police are handling this, these men are going to get away with their crimes scot-free. A lot of Koreans have zero faith in their police as well.
    Really? My friend said this case is special because the reporters send this case to anti-corruption (AC) instead of police force, and AC send it to the President.
    I'm still very shocked on the drugging and video tapping. ~.~

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    12d 4h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by babybluehun0327 View Post
    Given the furor surrounding this I doubt this could happen... no doubt this is the scandal of the decade. Then again, after the media circus has died down it's likely the people lower down on the power ladder will get harsher sentences whilst the actual instigators will get away with a slap on the wrist, just like what happened with Jang Ja Yeon. It still makes me stick to my stomach that most of the perpetrators weren't even named & shamed and barely got any jail time.

Edit: Wow, just as I was talking about this. Jang Ja Yeon news:

[TW: Suicide/Rape] Blue House petiton created to extend the investigation period on Jang Jayeon's 2009 rape-suicide case + case explained
    Last edited by pinkpain; 03-16-2019 at 12:46 PM.