Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Last edited by Gorilla; 10-16-2021 at 07:45 PM.

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 6h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    There goes the values of RNs and RWs!
    wdym? RWs and RNs will always hold more value over UCs in the trading scheme but hopefully this is a step in the right direction to make pets only valued by subjectivity

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    23d 23h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    New NT is out!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN NEOPIANS!

The issue delaying the release of new Neopets Premium Collectable Cards has been fixed! All users who had an active premium subscription during the time period when premium cards were not released, should now find all of the missing cards in their neodeck! I hope you enjoy the spooky season and this Halloween edition of the Neopian Times! (: ~~Aesop

Why hasn't Neopets stopped the spamming of the Money Tree with either excessive numbers of small repetitive donations or same items. It has become an almost daily occurrence to go to them Money Tree and find the whole page loaded with 6NP donations. It would be easy to stop this. Simply limit the number of donations a player can per day. That would stop players using the Money Tree as a dump, or spamming it repeatedly! I donate over 10,000 every day in 2,000 & 5,000 increments. Too often I head to the Money Tree and find it filled with spam. Yesterday morn and this morning it was filled by spam from the same player for the same low, low NP amount. Put an end to spamming the Money Tree! ~~bjmaiee
    We agree that the spamming in the Money Tree has gone too far. The first step we will take will be to limit the number of NP donations at a time. If we need to take another step further, we’ll look at limiting item donations as well. Keep an eye out for that change soon! ~~Gutterfoot

Hello TNT, I was wondering if it was allowed to offer a pet’s adoption cost when trading/adopting out a pet (specifically a BD pet). I remember seeing similar offers on the boards for higher statted BD pets in the past but wasn’t sure if it’s considered against the rules. I tried searching the editorial for a similar question but didn’t see anything so a clarification on the staffs’ opinion would be appreciated. Thank you. ~~sunday
    Yes, you can offer an adoption cost for trading/adopting a pet, but only for NP or items. It’s also considered an honour system between the two users, so we cannot enforce any costs associated with a trade from the TNT side. Proceed at your own risk! ~~Gutterfoot

Hi! Longtime players who've reached their 22 year signup anniversary are noticing a glitch on their user lookups. Instead of getting a new shield to commemorate this impressive milestone, they get the old 15 1/2 year shield instead. Would you please consider adding a few new user lookup shields so these veteran players don't feel forgotten? Thanks & please remove my username. ~~Anonymous
    Yes! We are working on our 22 year and 22 1/2 year shields right now and they’ll be added as soon as they’re finished. ~~Gutterfoot

Hi. Will there be a sale on GBCs for Black Friday this year? If so, I'd like to see the return of the GBCs that are guaranteed to give more boxes if purchased on a certain day. I'd also like to see the Dreadful Delight Gift Box Mystery Capsule as one of the GBCs available for purchase because I need it for my gallery. ~~_brainchild_
    Hello! Yes there will definitely be a GBMC sale this Black Friday! We'd also like to give the drop rate on boxes a little boost again this year, so we've added that to our notes! x) And as much as I like the Dreadful Delight GBMC, I unfortunately can't bring it back for this sale- I think you're thinking of our Spring Cleaning Sale where we bring back some of the popular GBMC's. But! I will do my best to make the November GBMC extra special! (: ~~Miss Rainbow

Hi there, TNT!! Is it possible you guys could release some more autumn themed items before the season is over? I know that we all love halloween and that we expect all these spooky items every year, but for some reason the season of Fall seems to be forgotten every year ): Maybe you could release an Autumn Leaves Body Paint just so we can turn our pets into a walking pile of leaves? Hope you consider it, thank you for all you do for us!! ~~sosunub
    Helllllo! YES autumn things are coming your way! We had to take a little break from fall items so that Halloween items could release, but I do have a couple fall items ready to release in early november and from there some more fall items will release in the Fall Shop until the end of the month. (: And an Autumn Leaves Body Paint sounds fun! Thanks for your idea! ~~Miss Rainbow

Hi! I'm aware that there are different versions of the Neopets canon pertaining to the site itself and the actual high fantasy world of Neopia, and I'm wondering if there are certain pet colours only exist on the site and not in the actual lore? It's difficult to imagine how colours like Dimensional, Toy, Transparent, Chocolate, Origami, 8-Bit, etc. would work on an actual plot character unless perhaps they had a very specific backstory where they were exposed to some sort of magic or science experiment. ~~salem_822
    I love this question and definitely agree that an 8-bit Lupe would be out of place in the lore. I like to imagine Alternate Neopian Universes (the ANU, if you will), where there’s a Chocolate Neopia with a variant of Jordie (adorable) or a Dimensional Neopia with a variant of Xandra (terrifying). Maybe one day someone will build a portal into one of these alternate universes… That would be fun. ~~Gutterfoot

Hi! I have billions of neopoints that are sort of just sitting in my bank after years of playing. I would love to help other people out towards their goals such as paintbrushes. Is this allowed? I would like to make a public board to do some philanthropy. Please remove my username, thank you! ~~Anonymous
    What a kind soul you are! Yes, that’s totally allowed. Spread the wealth! (: Good luck on your goals, everyone! ~~Gutterfoot

Will we get an announcement before the purge starts (even if it's long in the future) or will it just start without any fanfare? ~~golden1188
    You will absolutely get notified far ahead of time. We don’t want to surprise anyone with a purge, as the goal is to only get rid of accounts that haven’t been accessed and likely won’t be accessed in a long time. ~~Gutterfoot

Recently when I was trying to send a Neomail to one of my Neofriends, I got a message with an angry Blue Grarrl saying *RAWR* CHAIN LETTERS ARE BAD. But I wasn't sending a chain letter! I went back to my Neomail and tried to change the wording but kept getting the same error message, and each time I tried, it told me I had tried to send a chain letter another time (the count went up). I don't know what on earth is triggering this error but I definitely wasn't trying to send a chain letter at all and I thought it was quite unfair to have the attempts counted against me. The page had a button to submit my message for review so I did that, but I have to ask - Why does this 'chain letter' error message get triggered? Is it a glitch? Do I need to be worried about my account? (Please remove my username.) ~~Anonymous
    We have pushed an update to our Chain Letters triggers so that it won’t go off as easily anymore! I don’t feel like Chain Letters are a huge problem now in Y23, but if we suddenly see a rise in them again, we’ll revisit. ~~Gutterfoot

I know how incredibly busy you all are on everything else, but it would be really wonderful and helpful if we could have a SENT category in Neomail - so we could check up on what mails we have actually sent to neofriends (including replies). Because currently, once you've sent a neomail or reply - it's gone forever. Thanks in advance for maybe considering this. ~~3rdforfun
    A Sent category is for sure something we are looking to add for the Neomail update. I agree that it’s a pain right now that you can’t see what you’ve sent, or even a history of the conversation. These are the types of Quality-of-Life improvements we try to make with every feature we bring into the new site template. ~~Gutterfoot

With the beta transition still in full swing, will the Halloween site theme on non-beta pages still be obtainable this year by refreshing the homepage at midnight? I never managed to snag this theme last year and want to know if it's still an active thing. Thanks! ~~daisyandblackberry
    Yes! You’ll be able to grab the classic Halloween theme this year, although all converted themes are still available for all users regardless if you’ve met the requirements to earn it for now. ~~Gutterfoot

The answer to the second question seems interesting. Gonna offer 20mill NP trading cost for my BN basic in exchange for your UC

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pringle For This Useful Post:

Da Plushee Boree (10-30-2021),datalore (10-31-2021),Gorilla (10-30-2021),Ice (10-30-2021),Lilac Tentacles (10-30-2021),Nyanobyte                      (10-30-2021),Winona (10-31-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pringle View Post
    New NT is out!

The answer to the second question seems interesting. Gonna offer 20mill NP trading cost for my BN basic in exchange for your UC
    Yeah, I read that and immediately said outloud "that's a loophole that exactly NOBODY will exploit"
    Lololol

On an unrelated note, anyone want to trade my garlic jubjub for a T9? I'll obviously send you many many items for it as adoption costs.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Erik. (10-30-2021),Ice (10-30-2021),Nyanobyte                      (10-30-2021),Pringle (10-31-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Yes, you can offer an adoption cost for trading/adopting a pet, but only for NP or items.
    Am I just overtired if I can't actually figure out what this means? It has to be a "separate transaction", like I'll adopt my BD pet out to you and ALSO pay you 700k for a dubloon but those things are NOT related except they kind of are and I'm allowed to say that..? Wym "but only for NP or items"

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    Am I just overtired if I can't actually figure out what this means? It has to be a "separate transaction", like I'll adopt my BD pet out to you and ALSO pay you 700k for a dubloon but those things are NOT related except they kind of are and I'm allowed to say that..? Wym "but only for NP or items"
    Yeah, re-reading this in the morning I'm a little puzzled. Like last night I was just thinking that I'm pretty sure that's different than where they've stood in the past, but it is worded kind of strangely.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    This week is up! A lot of "we will but we're busy" but at least it's a good number of questions, + slightly more pet slot detail

Neopian Times News: Hello Neopians! Since there is some confusion over the upcoming editions, we wanted to clear some things up! The next edition of the Neopian Times (949) will be released on November 26th, then the 950th edition will be published two weeks later on December 10th, and lastly the Holiday issue will be published towards the end of December. With this schedule, Neopian Timers will have the opportunity to submit themed entries for both the Holiday and Anniversary editions.
    We will also be delaying the Pirates vs Ninjas NT Collab edition until January 21st. With quite possibly a record-breaking amount of submissions already received for the 950th Anniversary edition, along with the Holiday issue being published right after it in December, we decided the best move was to push back the Collab issue. This way we can take the time needed to edit and fill each of these editions with as many of your wonderful entries as possible (: ~~Aesop

Ever Stocked General Store has several items with 0 as the price so you can't buy any of them. Is this shop broken, or is it unintentional that several items are priced as zero? ~~shadomir
    Thanks for letting us know! Our team has fixed this bug so no items should be zero / not letting you purchase them! ~~Gutterfoot

Hi! I am a returning player from many MANY moons ago. I have missed a lot . I notice there are many retired avatars and not so many new ones. Any chance of some older avatars returning and/or new avatars being released? ~~paradycia
    This is an excellent question! Since many of the older avatars are connected to plots or events, it might be difficult to release them again while being fair to the players who earned them during these events. However, we will absolutely look into releasing some new avatars. So keep an eye out for them! ~~Aesop

Hi TNT, can you make it so that we can post https links to other Neopets pages? We keep getting blocked when we try to post that on the boards. Thanks. ~~stargirl089
    Whoops! Good looking out. We’re getting this fixed right now and the fix will go live next week! ~~Gutterfoot

Dear TNT, Neopets is on a lot of websites now; not just this one but also Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and even YouTube, not to mention others. Which websites besides Neopets and the approved fansites are we allowed to call by name here (not link to; I know what that’s limited to)? I heard years ago that it was only Facebook but we could only reference Neopets’ page on there. When you release a new producer chat for example, could we say we saw it on YouTube ~~jaylahcat
    Hi there! Yes, you can talk about other social media sites as long as you’re not talking about your personal accounts or linking out to the specific sites. c: You can definitely talk about the producer chats and let people know they can watch them on our YouTube channel. You just can’t tell them to also go like and subscribe to your food vlogs on YouTube at (insertusernamehere). ~~Gutterfoot

I just got back to Neopets after a long break. Yay! I noticed that there haven't been any plots for a while. Are there any plans for plots? ~~dlegofan
    Glad you asked! Although we've recently been tied up between conversion and preparing for upcoming events, we're also very eager to start working on a new plot once we get some more breathing room! Perhaps one about a certain mysterious floating island... ~~Aesop

Hey, TNT! I was wondering, would you ever consider adding the option to search the Neopian Pound by species? I think it'd be useful for users who want to search for a specific species but don't know the pet's name or want to search the entire Pound several times. I'd appreciate it if you could pass this along. ~~strawberry_swirl33
    Hi there! This was actually a feature I saw requested when I went to the Neoboards asking users for suggestions in regards to the Pound Redesign we have in the works. The good news is that filtering by species is in the design! The bad news is that it will be sometime before we can get started on the development of the Pound. :c ~~Gutterfoot

Hello TNT! Pet slots are a big thing at the moment, everyone is very excited for them to arrive, myself being one of them. You said last week that we can buy pet slots for our sides. Will they be like the Neoboard pens where they have to be activated? I only ask because buying NC on my side would be strange and I'm not sure if that's allowed to be done. Please can you confirm that for us. Thankies x ~~gemmagood
    Hey hey hey! Pet Slots will actually auto-activate, unlike the Neoboard Pens, so you’ll want to buy them for the account you’re logged into. Buying NC on side-accounts isn’t against the rules, so no worries there! ~~Gutterfoot

Hey TNT!! Do you still like cookies? I was wondering something due to the beta: since so many of you lovely staff members have been working very hard on converting all the site themes, it would be a shame to deny the results to new members who will never be able to complete the requirements of old plot ones, or even longtime users who were unable to complete them for various reasons. Would it be possible to allow users to access more of the site themes even after beta? Obviously the people who earned them originally did work hard for them, and we shouldn't discount that, but the converted themes all look so good and it would be disappointing if only a portion of Neopets users are ever able to enjoy them once beta ends. Since they aren't shown off as status symbols/achievements so much as, say, avatars, would it be possible to allow users to use/unlock some of these older themes somehow? Please remove my username, thanks! ~~anonymous
    Hi!! I do love me some cookies. I’m partial to ginger snaps lately, settling into the holiday spirit. c: I think this is a great idea, especially as you said it is more something for that user to enjoy for themselves rather than them showing off an achievement. Before we move towards the end of our “everybody can use these themes” period, we’ll discuss with the team on how to let people re-earn these themes if they hadn’t previously. ~~Gutterfoot

Hey TNT, could you please change the image of the "Rotten Omelette" it has the same image as the "Cheese Omelette", although there is an image for the "Rotten Omelette" in your image database. Me and my pets are always confused, which omelette we got from the giant omelette. ~~padxe
    Hello! So sorry for the confusion for you and your pets! But…we think its a good way to stay sharp. I mean, you don't want to feeds your pets just anything. Ya gotta make sure you know what you’re feeding your Neopets and if it looks like a cheese omelette then be wary! Tread lightly! Inspect the cheese, smell the cheese, check for … well, you get the point x). TLDR: Stay safe, stay aware, and avoid ingesting misleading food items! <3 ~~MissRainbow

It's been more than a year, can Trudy prizes get an update, please? ~~silly_mistake
    Yes yes! This is on our to-do list x). The holiday season has been keeping us quite busy, but once things slow down a bit, then we can dive into this and get some new prizes for you all. (: ~~MissRainbow

Hi Aesop! I saw this current Storytelling Competition (Week 901) ends in 2 weeks; will all STCs from now on be 2 weekers? I wouldn't mind, admittedly, because it allows for greater plot development and more complex stories. However, I would like to know one way or the other, and to say that if the STC is moving to a 2-week model then the special edition should be every 50th contest (or even every 25th so as to have a special contest about once a year). Thanks so much! ~~rielcz
    Great question! I was actually planning on announcing it this upcoming Monday in the news, but yes we are shifting the Storytelling Competition to a two-week format. As you mentioned, we are hoping that by extending the length of the competition, writers will have the opportunity to tell more complex tales now that they have more room to develop the plot. We wanted to give it a few weeks to test the new format and ensure we would receive enough submissions to continue an ongoing story for two weeks before making an official announcement, but we've had no shortage of entries so might as well make it official now! ~~Aesop

Hello! In the last editorial you mentioned that you push QOL updates to pages as they're converted. Does this mean the Neoboards won't be updated further since they're already converted? There are a lot of QOL things that most forums have such as post editing, longer character limits, and the ability to ping/directly respond to users that would really improve the Neoboard experience! I'm sure it isn't easy to implement any of that but I'd love to hear if it's on the table at least. Thanks! ~~sunnypony03
    Neoboards is definitely getting a v2 upgrade! I agree, there’s a LOOOOOT of quality-of-life updates that the Neoboards desperately needs. I wouldn’t be surprised if we decide a full overhaul is in the books for it either. I would love us to be able to quote-reply to people, like each other’s posts, etc etc. You’re right in that it won’t be easy to implement (nothing ever is), but the team agrees that it’s a necessary update and for sure on the table. ~~Gutterfoot

Hey Hey, Can you consider giving our Neoboard Emoticons a makeover? They're seriously outdated, we don't even have a shrug one. ~~stoicjohn
    Yes! We’ve talked about doing Neopets specific animated stickers. This is an update that goes hand-in-hand with the above question for a Neoboards v2 update. We’re still having conversations about how this would go, but I think adding stickers would greatly improve the Neoboards experience. ~~Gutterfoot

Hi TNT, you had just mentioned the Premium cards should all be up to date now, but I am still missing everything past July 2020. Is there any way to make sure that I do get the ones I am still missing? Thanks so much! ~~greenj12356
    Oh no! The fix that we implemented as in regards to missing Premium Trading Card art for the last couple of months, but the cards would still display just without an image… If you are in a situation where you haven’t received your Monthly Premium Trading Card since 2020, please reach out to Support! That’s a separate issue entirely and I hope we can fix it for you. ~~Gutterfoot

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (11-13-2021),cuddlypanda (11-12-2021),datalore (11-13-2021),Erik. (11-13-2021),Flordibel (11-13-2021),Ismira (11-14-2021),Lemonfox (11-12-2021),Menine (11-13-2021),Nyanobyte                      (11-13-2021),Seeno (11-13-2021),Winona (11-15-2021),Zapdos (11-13-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    26d 19h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Decent Q&A this week but boo on untradeable NC pet slots My dream of getting them without spending any more bucks just got shattered.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seeno For This Useful Post:

dustyc (11-13-2021),Erik. (11-13-2021),Ismira (11-14-2021),Maelstra (11-13-2021),SilverStones (11-13-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them or she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Good editorial this week, keeping my hopes up that they will continue to answer important questions going forward!

I was a little surprised to hear they have a record-breaking number of entries for the special issue already. Maybe it's the record since Aesop has been responsible for the NT? Otherwise it seems quite unlikely considering the size of the player base now vs. late 2000s...

Anyway, good luck to anyone trying to get into either the anniversary or holiday issues!

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Excellent editorial, wow. MissRainbow's answer to the omelette image picture made me laugh. STAND UP FOR YOUR BELIEFS, MISSRAINBOW

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

datalore (11-13-2021),Druid (11-13-2021),Lemonfox (11-13-2021),TsUNaMy WaVe (11-14-2021),Winona (11-15-2021)