21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 17h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I love the sudden short, random question.

I don't quite understand. Is this TNT saying that opening bank accounts on our sides is not allowed? Even if we don't collect interest?
    Yes, sounds like having a bank account open on your sides falls under "actions side accounts are not allowed to do"

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Such an odd question and answer. 16 feet doesn't seem very tall for a tree that's been growing non stop for 24 years.

But also I'm not a tree expert. Lol.
    Looking at money tree pictures, it was never that big:

Look at the size of the objects next to it, that's a tiny tree.

In the updated version, the tree has grown, but it still looks relatively small.

The trunk would be around 2,5m (8 feet) tall.

Compare this with the Brain Tree, which is obviously much bigger:

End of essay lmao
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woodpecker For This Useful Post:

Charlie (06-17-2023),gjniev (06-17-2023),Lyrichord (06-21-2023),Pidgey (06-04-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    27d 7h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    (you need an account to see links) (please note that I did not include the Quick Questions segment with the two AC players. They are a fun read, though.)

Stone, thank you SO much for making Pirakeet colors happen. :3 Whether it was you directly or just you passing along my editorial request a few months back, I am SO excited for the new mischievous looking bird babies. Now - I don't want to come across as NEEDY per se, but...Royal? Faerie? Plushie? *sweetest puppy dog eyes ever* Please? ~mihkla
    I’m glad to see more Pirakeet have flown in as well! Although they still won’t stop looking at me like that, so I’m still a little worried they may come after me if even more were to appear! /j
    But I’ll make note of it nonetheless! /gen ~~Stone

whats going on with the new neoboard moderation? being restricted to only talking about neopets related topics is a really weird choice, especially because half the site is broken so there isnt much to talk about. is there really no place to have general discussions with other neopets users anymore? the description of the new to neopets board says to introduce yourself and make friends, but you can't actually introduce yourself to anybody because thats not related to neopets. i really don't understand this choice and i think me and a lot of other people prefer the more lax rules the boards have had historically. ~pastebunny
    Hi, I’m guessing this is in reference to the New to Neopets board. Yes, you can introduce yourself there and meet other people new to Neopets but you cannot discuss random topics on that board. Random discussion should be done on the General Chat board which is open to all Neopets and non-Neopets discussion. ~~kikocat

Would it be possible to make the Mind Control Avatar available all the time? Like the Neovision Plus Avatar that was released as an Aprils Fools but is a clickable and still available? ~cat_well
    Thank you for that wonderful suggestion! The Mind Control Avatar should now be clickable and available year-round to anyone who visits the Sceptic Tank page ~~Aesop

Hi! Could you possibly get the team to rezone Fluffy cloud wings? They're gorgeous, but it bums me that they don't restrict Wings. When wearing them, my Draik still has her regular dragon wings right behind her cloud ones Thank you in advance! ~akezis
    Hi! Thanks for bringing this to our attention! This item should be fixed now, so your Draik should be able to wear these gorgeous wings without their regular wings! ~~Goldfish in Bowl

Hi TNT! Can you send the same poem multiple times? if like a year ago I wrote a poem I'm really proud of and I want to share it again is it possible even if it won the trophy before? ~Anonymous
    Hello, thanks for your question. If a poem has already won before, then no, it can not be resubmitted to win again. However, if you have sent in a poem and it has yet to win, you are welcome to keep resending it. But we recommend that if it has not made it multiple times, perhaps take a look at it and change it up or add things. Hope this helped! /gen ~~Stone

Hi TNT! *hands you a slushie* I'm so excited to be participating in the Altador Cup this year since I had to miss it the past few years. I joined team Haunted Woods and I'm having a lot of fun! But as I've been playing Yooyuball and Make Some Noise, I've started to wonder something: What is the Haunted Woods Team Logo? All the other teams have easily identifiable iconography, but I cannot figure out what the Haunted Woods logo is supposed to be. ~rinzombie
    We sent someone to find out the true meaning behind the logo, and they got lost in the Haunted Woods.....never to return... ~~Clammyhand

Flotsams, Jetsams, Kois and Peophins are severely under-represented in the Caption Contest - even when the picture includes water! Is there a conspiracy afoot? - from a user with a lot of time on their hands (and who doesn't even own any of the aforementioned Neopets) *shifty eyes* ~edmarblecake
    At first, I thought someone was listening to a bit too much Sceptic Tank. Now that you mention it though, it has been a very long time since we saw any of those four aquatic Neopets featured in a Caption Contest…. Hmmm, that does seem a bit odd, doesn’t it? I’ll rock the boat a bit and sea what we can uncover. Who knows, maybe my investigation will lead to some of these pets appearing in the upcoming July Caption Contest… ~~Aesop

Hello TNT! Would you please share the name of the three TNT staffers who are endowed with functioning taste buds and therefore dislike pineapple pizza? They totally deserve to be in my AC Staff Tournament team, and in the Star Player selection. Thank you! ~sergente__hartmann
    The staffers who are very strange and don’t like pineapple on their pizza are Ehlo Froyo, Clammyhand, and Goldfish in Bowl. I personally don’t know why they are like this, but if you vibe with that, then to each their own I guess…XP /j ~~Stone

Hi Happy belated jubjub day.... Can the Cloud Surrounding JubJub item be moved from hat to feet? ~h183hha
    Happy Belated JubJub Day! Thanks for bringing this to our attention! The item should be fixed now, Thank you! ~~Goldfish in Bowl

It looks like all the existing Altador Cup supporter items have made it to the NC mall, except the team jerseys. Can we please have the team jerseys added, for those of us who like to represent our team colours? ~sactokingsrule
    Hello! We found the box with all the Altador Cup team jerseys underneath a pile of foam fingers, oops…However, these shirts are now on the shelves of the NC Mall’s Altador Cup shop! Thanks for writing in and happy customising! ~~Miss Rainbow

Hi! i have some friends wondering about storytelling acceptance criteria so i wanted to ask a few questions here! 1. is there any criteria for "how long until recent winners are picked again? 2. What makes an entry of an "acceptable quality?" in terms of writing? 3. To what extent do all entries get read? is it more of a competition of quality, or just 'picking an entry that seems good'? Thanks for your response ~zackattackplayspkmn
    Hello! Happy to answer! Answer for #1 - How long until recent winners are picked again?

Usually, someone cannot be picked for the STC twice in one story. However, sometimes we do not get enough entries, so if people who have already won that week have entered again and there are no new ones that are an “acceptable quality,” they may have a chance at winning twice or more for that story.

Answer for #2 - What makes an entry of an "acceptable quality?" in terms of writing?

This could mean many things, so apologies if this answer isn’t quite what you were looking for. But the main criteria for an entry to be considered via the writing is:

It is at least a paragraph or two long (although if it is very short and there are longer entries, then the chances of that one getting picked can be low)

It is not too long (we love to see long entries but if you send in a novella we can’t realistically take the time to read the whole thing)

It is, for the most part, well written (meaning it does not have a whole lot of spelling and grammar mistakes, a few are fine, though writing can be hard!)

It, for the most part, stays on topic. (This doesn’t mean you can’t make wild plot twists like aliens coming, but if you divert from the main storyline and character personalities too drastically, this will most likely hinder your chances of being picked)

Answer for #3 - To what extent do all entries get read? Is it more of a competition of quality, or just 'picking an entry that seems good'?

At the moment, all entries get read if possible! Sometimes we get a lot of entries, but we do our best to sort through them! This is indeed a competition, so if we see an entry that, for example, pulls together all the other entries really well, like they have caught details that were said in an earlier entry and bring it back in an interesting way or tie up a loose end that may have been dragging they will stand a much higher chance of being chosen because that is great storytelling!

I hope this helped! Please feel free to send in more editorial questions about this if need be! We look forward to seeing everyone’s entries! /gen ~~Stone

HAPPY THOUGHTS

Whoever designed the new Marble Jubjub, I hope life is treating them well. ~call_me_miss_b

Hi TNT!! Thank you so much for making Maraquan Quiggle happen! I loved how it turned out and am excited to see whats in the box for next pet days ~lonesome_666

Happy thoughts ~~ Ever since I watched the episode where Aesop was interviewed about his passions and how they apply to his role in Neopets; I am always thrilled to see his name pop up as the person who is answering the questions on the NT. I wanted to thank him for taking the time to introduce himself on the channel. I was wondering how he keeps his timelines correct? I am picturing sketch journals with details that keep him orientated to Neopets lure just as he answered the tree question this edition. Thank you for all that you do ~divinely_us

Thank you so much for writing in, reading your happy thoughts made me very happy <3 Honestly, I was nervous to go on Nosy Neopians, but ended up having a lot of fun speaking with Ivy and Willow who were both very supportive!

Keeping timelines together is no easy task, especially in game development when they are often subject to change. I am a bit old-fashioned, and as you miraculously guessed, I do keep a lot of my dates and deadlines organized through pen and paper! I have a hefty agenda where I like to list out upcoming tasks by day and a journal where I keep all of the fun stuff like lore, storylines, and characters together. When planning out stories, I have also been known to blot out entire whiteboards with my notes!

We did already have some internal lore documentation on Neopets at TNT, however, it was already rather outdated when I joined the team over three years ago so we’ve recently been working on updating it! I always enjoy talking about creativity and lore, so thanks for caring enough to ask (: ~~Aesop

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gjniev For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-21-2023),Crooked (06-17-2023),Ice (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    It seems like the clickable Mind Control avatar hasn't been activated yet, so if it's not working for you don't worry, it'll probably be fixed soon.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    443 times
    Time Online
    64d 10h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Lmao the Haunted Woods and Caption Contest questions, those are the stuff I read these boring editorials for

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Would it be possible to make the Mind Control Avatar available all the time? Like the Neovision Plus Avatar that was released as an Aprils Fools but is a clickable and still available? ~cat_well
    Thank you for that wonderful suggestion! The Mind Control Avatar should now be clickable and available year-round to anyone who visits the Sceptic Tank page ~~Aesop
    Wait what..!? Isn't the purpose of having these April Fools or even other daily specific annual avatars to have them for that moment? If this is the standard that is being set should we not just ask for other retired avatars like Coincidence etc to come back? Cause you know "I missed it and I want it". I think this is a slippery slope.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-21-2023),Ice (06-21-2023),Lyrichord (06-21-2023),Sakuras (06-17-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    112/0
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    100d 2h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedteeth View Post
    It seems like the clickable Mind Control avatar hasn't been activated yet, so if it's not working for you don't worry, it'll probably be fixed soon.
    edit: nevermind, it's still unavailable
    I hope they fix that fast, as editorial already said its re-activated. and then they activate all at once xD
    Last edited by Neal Caffrey; 06-21-2023 at 04:18 PM.

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 12h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    These editorials....are just horrible lol

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 17h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    These editorials....are just horrible lol
    Moreso than horrible imo they're just flat out fucking useless and a waste of time/space 🤦*♀️ I'm just so sick of these pointless "questions" that get answered to either extremely obvious things or waste of space things like "fixing item descriptions" or "rezoning NC items." The ST answer is probably one of the best editorial question/answers I've seen in a while.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Aero (06-21-2023),Buizel (06-21-2023),Mario2302 (06-21-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 12h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Moreso than horrible imo they're just flat out fucking useless and a waste of time/space 🤦*♀️ I'm just so sick of these pointless "questions" that get answered to either extremely obvious things or waste of space things like "fixing item descriptions" or "rezoning NC items." The ST answer is probably one of the best editorial question/answers I've seen in a while.
    It's crazy because the editorial is advertised as the place where actual questions for the team can be addressed. TNT could have answered the expressions NC items dispute from a few weeks ago in the Editorial, for example. Instead, we just get tidbits of what they're passing time with in the office like this pizza question. What's the point?

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418