14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 14h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Fiore (02-08-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (02-08-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    117/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    93d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    (you need an account to see links)

This editorial is brought to you in part by kikocat. Just a heads up there will be no neopian times next week as we are off next Monday. But good news is my little helper will be starting next week so he should be able to spend more time focused on spotlights and neopian times very soon once he learns the ropes!

Hello, I've been a member of Neopets for quite some time and will be celebrating 17 years this month! One thing that has always confused me is the long, complex list of rules for Side Accounts. While there are fan sites that have organized them somewhat, it seems a bit silly that we have to go off-site or dig through editorials in order to see what's allowed and what isn't. Is it possible to have some sort of official Side Account rule list posted somewhere on the site? Thanks!~~skip949
    Congratulations on celebrating 17 years with us.

I doubt we could put everything not allowed to be done on side accounts in a comprehensive list (since something would always be left off or a member would come up with a what if situation), so in the most basic sense, you cannot use side accounts for anything that would grant you Neopoints or Items.

Here are some things you can do on a side account:

Enter the Beauty Contest (yes you didn't use to be able to but no prizes are given now)

Have more pets (Send items and points from your main to your side to feed your pets)

Chat on the boards (but remember anything you do on your side can affect your main so don't post anything on a side account that you would not on your main account)

Adopting pets from the pound (again the points needed would have to come from your main)

Have a NeoHome

Buy and spent NC (except on cookies)

Have a Lab Ray

You may joins guilds but you cannot enter their contests, if they have any for prizes (unless non-tangible prizes like graphics)

Have a Gallery

Collect the Freebie Newbie Pack and free starting NC (or free NC gifts from the NC Mall)

Faerie Quests (no you can't use cookies) but since they are given randomly, you have no control over getting one or not but the items needed have to be bought and sent from your main account

This is not a complete list but these are the main things you can do on a side account. If you get stuck on if something is allowed on a side or not, just investigate if you will get points or items from the activity, if you will, then you can’t do them on a side (unless specifically stated that you can). Hope that helps!

Hi TNT! Thanks so much for everything you do to keep Neopets fun! I am wondering, when are we going to see new Neopet species enter? For me, one of the funniest parts about Neopets is the pets themselves. I think it would be so fun to have several more species join Neopets in 2020! ~~ __scribblerofdreams
    Hello! You never know. Although adding a new species does mean they would not be able to wear the wearables that were out before they existed (unless they were updated), so that can cause some frustrations with new pets being added. But again, you never know when something new could be added so I'd say watch the news for all updates (not just about new pets but everything going on.)

Hi! When playing scorchy slots, at some point, the volcano erupts and I get this message: "It's raining Neopoints, you pick up as many as you can carry!" Now I KNOW for a fact that I can carry millions of neopoints, so what is up with that?? ~~mysteryshadow
    Hi! Remember they are very hot when they come out of the erupting volcano so you might not have as good of hold on them as you think you do to be able to keep them.

Thank you for the Fringed Heart Valentine Goodie Bag - very cute! However, the description currently reads "This was released to celebrate Valentines Day Y21" but we are in Y22. Can this be fixed? Thanks!~~havittaa
    oops, surely you got it dude.

Hi! You guys do an absolutely amazing job and I really appreciate all the work and effort that goes into making this site a fun place to be! I was just wondering if there would be a Share the Love Challenge, for the sweetheart grams this year? Thanks so much!
    Of course. If you purchase all the grams you will receive a bonus next week

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinecone For This Useful Post:

Fiore (02-15-2020),rainbeaux (02-15-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    16d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    underwhelming across the board this week, good lord.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rainbeaux For This Useful Post:

Fiore (02-15-2020),Pinecone (02-15-2020),rio (02-15-2020),Sakuras (02-15-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    idk why i bother sending real questions to the editorial anymore when all they ever answer is a small handful of softball questions. userbase is in their 20s+ yet they answered questions with more consideration and care when we were all 8.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ApertureScience For This Useful Post:

Autobot (02-15-2020),bootiesrus (02-15-2020),Fiore (02-15-2020),rainbeaux (02-15-2020),rio (02-15-2020),Sakuras (02-15-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    117/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    93d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    There won't be Neopian Times next week too. Sigh.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinecone For This Useful Post:

Fiore (02-15-2020),Sakuras (02-15-2020)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    (you need an account to see links)
    This editorial was brought you in part by kikocat

You know we are very picky on the neopet time, that being said we need more information on this little helper your throwing at us. Like did he ever play neopets? Does he understand we take the spelling and items in this sight very seriously? Is he really little? Most of us are adults now we don't need a little man trying to catch up in just a week or two it takes great time and patience to deal with us. So you tell that oompah looking guy we will seriously give him Moltara if he messes up. Thank you *sets down Missing King Milk Carton, with shifty eyes* - moonlightwitch

Hey there moonlightwitch. I completely understand your uncertainty, but I actually started playing Neopets back in 2004. Although I took some time off to focus on school, I have spent the past month learning about all of the lore, characters, and items that I missed out on while I was at school! Don't worry I am an adult (at least agewise) although I am on the shorter side! I absolutely love how much passion the Neopet community has and will do my utmost to deliver the experience and content you all deserve. Looking forward to seeing you all in Neopia! -Aesop

*hands you a tray of Suave Dark Cookies, goodies of my own creation* So, after weeks of listening to my previous Uni beg for a Suave Dark Wig, I finally gave in and got one for her. Imagine our astonishment when we went into the closet to try it on and the back side of her mane kept poking out, no matter how we tried to stretch it out. Not very "suave", in my opinion. Can someone pretty please with sugar fix this so my Uni can stop crying? Thanks, 'ppreciate it. ~~thighs1

Sure, Donny's gone ahead and fixed this.

Hey! For the beauty contest, since np prizes have been removed can we advertise a side pet on our main in the boards? And, if I have a side pet in the BC but I want to advertise on the premium board is it still against the rules to advertise from the main (since it's the one that has premium)? Thanks, u da best. ~~ _fawnn

Hi. No, you can only advertise a pet on the same account that they are on. This is to make sure that only the owner of that pet is advertising for the pet in the contest. Yes, that is still against the rules to advertise on the premium boards for a side account pet from your main account.

If you are entering a side account pet and you really want to advertise from your main, the only way that would be possible is to transfer the pet to your main prior to entering the Beauty Contest. Sorry it's not the best solution but that would be the only way to be able to advertise on that account.

Hey TNT, I know this is a topic that's been mentioned a lot in the past (and is, tragically, against the spirit of Valentines)- But I was wondering if the "No Neopet Romance/Marriage" rule could be added on to our official list of rules? As of right now, it isn't super obvious to users who don't look through editorials and/or ask other Neopians about it- and I think that having it listed somewhere that's easy to find could potentially help lessen the number of people who accidentally break it ^^; - seteeroff

As Neopets is an all-ages site, we cannot permit romance/dating here; regardless if it’s between users or two consenting pets (or petpets, or petpetpets, or … you see where we’re going with this). Rule #1 in the Rules & Guidelines states “Neopets has players of all ages so inappropriate content doesn't belong here. This includes content and discussion relating to: sexual content,…” so romance is covered within these guidelines. You can find them at: (you need an account to see links).

Hello there! Hey what if a person falsely accuse you of owning a pet that is illegitimate? I know buying pets is considered cheating but I bet not all of those pets are hacked(maybe they were saved from the pound yes I know is still wrong tho!) but there is people who TRACK down people's trades/allaccounts if they involve good real named or Ucs(generally) for wtvr reason and think there is "fishy business" this is worrysome because some users are bound to fall on judgement(if you ask where they buy the pet when in reality they trade it then?) ,Does this people get a warning because if they don't please do,all of this is not nice sorry if I mispell I'm not a native english speaker and thank you ,Hope they don't keep tabs with me you or you - purrmew
    Hello. Yes, false reporting is against the rules. So if someone is reporting someone out of maliciousness then they would be risking their own account, however reporting someone because you are suspicious and would like something to be checked out is fine.

Dear TNT, is it possible to at least make the code for the Filters so that they at least exclude the items and Names used in Neopets? Like..for example Chomby and the Fungus... You can not mention the band on the guildboards and can not past the specific names on the Quest board pages because the filter thinks we use a bad word. I understand you want to cover all possibilities and it is probably a lot of items that would be put into a white list that they would go through the filters. But I would so much thank you for that and other i am sure too, since this is frustrating (and can sometimes as it seems even lead to warnings). Thank you in advance for your answer and you are doing a great job with what is all right now on your table. I wish I could help and make it easier, unfortunately I do not know a lot about coding. HUGS! – marithdragon
    Monitors review all reports and investigate all situations before any action is taken, so if a pet is fine the pet and account it is located on would not be touched.

Hi. I am writing in as a friendly reminder to send out the item prize for the recent Neopian Times Valentine's Day issue. It's usually a Pink Paint Brush, but a Valentine Petpet Paint Brush would be another good choice instead.~~_brainchild_
    Yes, you're totally right they were a bit late this week, these were granted!

Hi TNT! I really liked the 20th anniversary merch but I couldn't buy any. Do you have any plans to release new merch, maybe on Zazzle or Redbubble? It would be way easier for international fans and I would LOVE some stickers!~~xeniathewarriorcat
    Yes we plan on releasing more merch for sure! This was our first round and we will be releasing more in the future. When, that we don't know. But we will announce here on the site as soon as we have plans for more releases.

Donny's Corner:

The following items from last year's DD are STILL not usable: Gnome Bottle of Perfume Wingoball Game Board Meepit Juice Jar Angry Meepit Plushie Cloudberry Doughnutfruit Pirate Gummy Slorg Gwyl Parachuting Toy Red Kiko Hair Clip And there are probably more. Can Donny do something about this?~~ blackghoulmon
    Woah that is just downright crazy. Donny shuffled himself around and was able to fix all of these. Thank you for your help in reporting these!

Hey TNT, could you please reactivate the "Brightvale Team Jersey" and the "Spring Korbat Toy"? Both seem to be unactivated by mistake.~~padxe
    Darn that ghost glitch...all back to normal now.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

Erik. (02-29-2020),Fabulous (02-28-2020),Fiore (02-28-2020)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    At least Aesop seems to be able to speak coherently...!

But oh my god the word is malice, not maliciousness. "Maliciousness" does not exist in the dictionary. /grammar rant

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (02-29-2020),Cookie Tray (02-29-2020),Fabulous (02-28-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (03-01-2020),Pinecone (02-28-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    117/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    93d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Yes, false reporting is against the rules. So if someone is reporting someone out of maliciousness then they would be risking their own account, however reporting someone because you are suspicious and would like something to be checked out is fine.
    Are you out of your fucking mind, TNT?

They basically gave a thumbs up to all those people who don't mind their business and report everyone and everything because they're "suspicious".

16. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Pinecone For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (02-29-2020),Autobot (02-29-2020),Eed (02-29-2020),emory (02-28-2020),Erik. (02-29-2020),Fabulous (02-29-2020),Fiore (02-28-2020),Gato (02-29-2020),gjniev (02-28-2020),kittyray (02-29-2020),Malarkey (02-28-2020),Menine (02-29-2020),Merit (02-28-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (03-01-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (02-28-2020),rainbeaux (02-29-2020),Rosie (02-29-2020)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Which, haven't they said before - "Please STOP sending in tickets trying to verify legitimacy?"

I mean, I'm paraphrasing here, but there's a petpage somewhere with a screenshot from... Alice, I think? That says this as;dflkasd

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (02-29-2020),Cookie Tray (02-29-2020),Erik. (02-29-2020),Fiore (02-28-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (03-01-2020),Pinecone (02-28-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 20h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxus View Post
    Are you out of your fucking mind, TNT?

They basically gave a thumbs up to all those people who don't mind their business and report everyone and everything because they're "suspicious".
    The people who write this editorial are morons and now we're all going to suffer for it even more than usual.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (02-29-2020),Fabulous (02-29-2020),Fiore (02-28-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (03-01-2020),rainbeaux (02-29-2020),Styx (02-28-2020)