13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

[GUIDE] Kelp Avatar Cheat

The Kelp avatar is quite elusive, therefore one of the most coveted random avatars. It is expensive, it is tedious, it is repetitive. This method has been tested time and again. The most tries I have seen using this method has been 13. It will cost you 60,400 neopoints per try. I compiled this guide (and then re-did it) in the hopes that I will help others achieve this expensive and annoying avatars. Please let me know when you get the avatar and how many tries it took you!

This is the page you are presented with when you enter the restaurant. It is also the page you get when you click on "Waitress". Each of the sections listed contain a food for you to choose. You will choose a food from each section, and the last is the "Eat" screen where it lists all that you ordered for your pet.

The first thing you need to do is get your *LIGHTEST* pet as bloated as possible. If they are in the neolodge, let them get up to bloated and then take them to the movie theater and feed them until they are "very bloated". Then take them to the restaurant.

Alternative strategy:
    Credit to @(you need an account to see links) for this information!
    I've had many successes getting leftovers from both kelp and golden dubloon by feeding items to lupe, skeith, jetsam, and grarrl. Usually get leftovers with these pets every 4 or 5 tries. Being bloated before going to the restaurant didn't seem to effect the leftover rate (got leftovers on a lupe that was dying). Other pets had a lower percentage, I also tested Ixis, meercas, zafaras, draiks, and acaras and they had a shitty percentage compared with the other pets. I haven't tested all pets but I do believe that a lupe is the best pet to use to get leftovers. One lupe I fed so much that he was very bloated for an entire month. I was trying for gourmet foods at GD and definitely got leftovers every 5th attempt at most, sometimes faster.

Below are the cheapest foods available at the Kelp restaurant. Don't bother buying the expensive ones as WHAT they eat has no effect on your chances of receiving the avatar. They are listed in order.

Angel Hair Salad/Tropical Fruit Bowl -- Spicy Radish Salad -- Honeyed Horn-O-Plenty -- Lemwart Fizz/Thornberry Fizz

Please note that you may not get a notification that you have recieved the avatar. Do not close your screen yet, check you avatars. If you did not receive it, refresh the page a few times. If you did not get it, try again. If you still don't get it, try this method with a different pet.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

athron (01-27-2019),Chenbi (05-03-2020),eltiolukee (02-23-2019),Pidgey (05-30-2020),Thistle (06-29-2019),Tyler Durden (01-27-2019),wonderrabbit (06-16-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    12d 4h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    This method worked for me the first time but I've heard from a lot of other people who also tried that it still hasn't worked 100 attempts later. Whether this method increases your chances or not of getting the avatar is up for debate tbh.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpain View Post
    This method worked for me the first time but I've heard from a lot of other people who also tried that it still hasn't worked 100 attempts later. Whether this method increases your chances or not of getting the avatar is up for debate tbh.
    Well I am still posting it because it has worked for me every time. Most tries it ever took me was 3 so.. thanks for the input.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    30d 1h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    Well I am still posting it because it has worked for me every time. Most tries it ever took me was 3 so.. thanks for the input.
    4 tries in with 2 different pets and it still hasn't worked for me

Edit: Welp, gonna quit while I'm ahead at 6 tries. I don't usually dabble in the NP part of the site and am too broke to be doing this xD
    Last edited by Pearl; 01-27-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskan View Post
    4 tries in with 2 different pets and it still hasn't worked for me

Edit: Welp, gonna quit while I'm ahead at 6 tries. I don't usually dabble in the NP part of the site and am too broke to be doing this xD
    Did you use the lightest pet? Maybe adopt one from the pound that is lighter. I have nevrr had a problem with this method, hope it works for you!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    30d 1h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Did you use the lightest pet? Maybe adopt one from the pound that is lighter. I have nevrr had a problem with this method, hope it works for you!
    I did, I followed the guide exactly. My pet is 20+ lbs so I don't think it gets much lighter than that? xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskan View Post
    I did, I followed the guide exactly. My pet is 20+ lbs so I don't think it gets much lighter than that? xD
    Unfortunately pets are assigned a random weight when they are made. Like one chia could be ten pounds heavier than another. It may take some time to adopt a light one, but I am sure there are lighter ones. I can see if I can find any. Just go to the pound and see what you can find.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    30d 1h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Unfortunately pets are assigned a random weight when they are made. Like one chia could be ten pounds heavier than another. It may take some time to adopt a light one, but I am sure there are lighter ones. I can see if I can find any. Just go to the pound and see what you can find.
    Thanks for the tips. I will check the pound and see if I can find any pets below 20+ lbs

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Alternative strategy:

I've had many successes getting leftovers from both kelp and golden dubloon by feeding items to lupe, skeith, jetsam, and grarrl. Usually get leftovers with these pets every 4 or 5 tries. Being bloated before going to the restaurant didn't seem to effect the leftover rate (got leftovers on a lupe that was dying). Other pets had a lower percentage, I also tested Ixis, meercas, zafaras, draiks, and acaras and they had a shitty percentage compared with the other pets. I haven't tested all pets but I do believe that a lupe is the best pet to use to get leftovers. One lupe I fed so much that he was very bloated for an entire month. I was trying for gourmet foods at GD and definitely got leftovers every 5th attempt at most, sometimes faster.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Thanks for the guide! Just got the avatar

12. The Following User Says Thank You to athron For This Useful Post: