DL/UL
    117/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    93d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    I've gone to two concerts of my favorite old school musician. Both were fucking amazing, and I was really close to the stage in both of them. Here are my stories:

The first one I went to was the best night of my life. We sang and cried and everything. I recorded most of the concert (yes, I'm one of those guys, sorry! ) and it was great. I kept the videos of that night safe for almost one year, and then one day I had a moment of stupidity and accidentally formatted the SD where I had them. Saddest day of my life. At least I still have the amazing memories of that day.

The second one was extraordinary as well. I recorded most of the concert again, and took lots of photos. I had a horrible headache that day (and no aspirin anywhere near me) because some idiot couldn't do his job right (that's another funny and sad story ), so I was like "where the fuck am I" most of the concert, and I honestly can't remember most parts of it. But I still have the videos, right?! HAHAHAHAHHAHA, wrong. When I got home the next day, I wanted to copy the videos to my computer, so I plugged the SD card in, and in that fucking moment and for some fucking reason only god knows, most of the content of the SD was deleted. I managed to restore only the photos, but the videos are gone now. Fuck my fucking life.

TL;DR: Two concerts. Both were amazing. From the first one I took home the memories and no the videos. From the second one I took home the photos and not the memories. Apparently SD cards hate me, or the universe doesn't want me to record the concerts I go to.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinecone For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (01-24-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    14d 23h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I've been to too many, I'm a journalist and I write concert reviews. I think I've attended hundreds of concerts, from biggest names to smaller ones in different genres - from extreme metal to jazz. Only pop music is a bit left behind.
    A short list would be (and there are many more):
    Metallica
    Iron Maiden (twice)
    Depeche Mode (x3)
    Nick Cave (x3, his concerts are in-cre-di-ble)
    Paul McCartney
    Rolling Stones
    U2
    Roger Waters (from Pink Floyd)
    David Gilmour (from Pink Floyd)
    Slayer
    Anthrax
    Rammstein
    Bon Jovi
    Sting
    Axl Rose/Guns'n'Roses
    Tom Jones
    George Michael (RIP, one of the best concerts I've seen)
    Kylie Minogue
    Eros Ramazzotti
    Elton John
    Kreator
    Vader
    Katatonia
    30 Seconds to Mars
    Prodigy
    Jean Michel Jarre
    Papa Roach
    Cradle of Filth
    Faith No More
    Serj Tankian
    Moby
    Korn
    Robbie Williams
    Sade
    Dimmu Borgir
    Deep Purple
    DIO
    Tarja Turunen
    Manowar
    Megadeth
    Black Sabbath
    Eric Clapton
    Judas Priest
    Sabbaton
    Tiamat
    Godsmack
    Scorpions
    WASP
    Apocalyptica
    Blackmore's Night
    Zucchero
    Smokie
    Dream Theater
    Helloween
    Placebo
    Marillion
    Soulfly
    Crematory
    Jethro Tull
    Laibach
    Ministry
    Jag Panzer
    Paradise Lost
    Accept
    Kraftwerk
    Duran Duran
    Simply Red
    Napalm Death
    Twisted Sister
    Testament
    Foreigner
    Marilyn Manson
    Type O Negative
    Europe
    Nile
    Lenny Kravitz
    Mark Knopfler
    Clawfinger
    Anathema
    Bob Dylan
    AC/DC
    Dark Tranquility
    Roxette
    Sinead O'Connor
    Pain of Salvation
    Iced Earth
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    God Is an Astronaut
    Alan Parson's Project
    Hypocrisy
    Enter Shikari
    Asia
    Biohazard
    2Cellos
    Aerosmith
    Whitesnake
    Toto
    Evanescence
    At the Gates
    Therion
    Phil Collins
    Celine Dion

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nousha For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (01-24-2019)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    117/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    93d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Damn. Gilmour, Paul McCartney, Deep Purple, Whitesnake and the RHCP??? I envy you. The guy I was talking about was Roger Waters, actually. His concerts are mind blowing, don't you think? Did you go to one of his US+THEM tour concerts, or previous ones like from The Wall Live?
    Last edited by Pinecone; 01-24-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    14d 23h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxus View Post

Damn. Gilmour, Paul McCartney, Deep Purple, Whitesnake and the RHCP??? I envy you. The guy I was talking about was Roger Waters, actually. His concerts are mind blowing, don't you think? Did you go to one of his US+THEM tour concerts, or previous ones like from The Wall Live?
    Waters' concerts are really something, indeed. I've seen both, actually - "The Wall" and the last one. Only saw Gilmour once, although I prefer him to Roger. I acknowledge the creative genius the latter is but as a whole Gilmour is my favourite. Of course, a Pink Floyd concert would be best but that will never happen. I went to see Brit Floyd once and I hated it, I'm too big of a fan. But the guys from Brit Floyd are terrific musicians, that's for sure.
    I saw Paul McCartney twice, I believe it was his last tour to date. I'm a huge Beatles fan, this is my favourite band of all time so although the concert can't be technically compared to Waters, I liked it better. Because of the emotion, of course. And being a Beatles fan I wasn't tempted at all to go and see Rolling Stones in concert. But there was a chance to see them in a neighbouring country so we went for it. I was amazed. These guys know how to do it!
    I'm going to see Whitesnake again this summer, last time it was kind of funny, the audience sang so much and was so welcoming (despite the concert not being his first visit in my country, that Coverdale barely opened his mouth But let me tell you, speaking of singing, I'm so glad I could attend DIO concert. Dio was a god. Amazing man, awesome voice.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    117/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    93d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by nousha View Post
    Waters' concerts are really something, indeed. I've seen both, actually - "The Wall" and the last one. Only saw Gilmour once, although I prefer him to Roger. I acknowledge the creative genius the latter is but as a whole Gilmour is my favourite. Of course, a Pink Floyd concert would be best but that will never happen. I went to see Brit Floyd once and I hated it, I'm too big of a fan. But the guys from Brit Floyd are terrific musicians, that's for sure.
    I saw Paul McCartney twice, I believe it was his last tour to date. I'm a huge Beatles fan, this is my favourite band of all time so although the concert can't be technically compared to Waters, I liked it better. Because of the emotion, of course. And being a Beatles fan I wasn't tempted at all to go and see Rolling Stones in concert. But there was a chance to see them in a neighbouring country so we went for it. I was amazed. These guys know how to do it!
    I'm going to see Whitesnake again this summer, last time it was kind of funny, the audience sang so much and was so welcoming (despite the concert not being his first visit in my country, that Coverdale barely opened his mouth But let me tell you, speaking of singing, I'm so glad I could attend DIO concert. Dio was a god. Amazing man, awesome voice.
    Shit, lucky you! I've seen videos from The Wall Live, and it looks like it was as epic as US+THEM. I've never put Gilmour too much attention, honestly. I still prefer Waters to him. Kilminster made a superb job with his guitar, I still drool everytime I remember his Comfortably Numb solo. I'd like to see a PF tribute concert someday, but there are not many PF tribute bands where I live, I believe. Paul came to my country not long ago, he's nice I guess, but with my little concert experience I'd dare to say that I'll never be satisfied with a concert again if it's not like a Waters' one.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    92d 1h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    @(you need an account to see links) wow that's quite the list! Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, and Black Sabbath must have been really cool. How is Pain of Salvation live?

Thanks for your replies everyone, I enjoyed reading all the different shows everyone has been to.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    14d 23h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoenn View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) wow that's quite the list! Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, and Black Sabbath must have been really cool. How is Pain of Salvation live?

Thanks for your replies everyone, I enjoyed reading all the different shows everyone has been to.
    Pain of Salvation were amazing. I saw them 8 years ago, it was one of the best concerts I've attended. Extremely emotional, Daniel manages to create a unique atmosphere and you feel you're somewhere else, at a completely different place, nothing else exists, only the world of his songs, lyrics and music, you're sucked into it, at the same time dissolved into its atmosphere and concentrated in one intense spot. And I just love his rendering of Leonard Cohen's "Halleluja", you know, when he asks the audience to sit down on the floor.
    The Wall was epic, indeed. Even thought I'm not the biggest Roger's fan and the albums is almost exclusively his work, I love it. The show only added more value to the experience, still I was there because of the music. I don't know how Pink Floyd managed to do it but their music is unreal. You should definitely see Brit Floyd if you could, the show is comparable to Waters' minus the knowledge that the musicians are not the authentic ones. That's why I didn't even bother to watch Queen + Adam Lambert, I knew I would feel uncomfortable.
    If you're really keen on big thrilling shows, try U2 - they are masters in this kind of stuff. Stones are doing it pretty well, too. I've heard Muse put up a great show, I'm going to see them this summer, hopefully. Rammstein, if you're into this genre, never disappoint. And I forgot I've seen Radiohead several years ago, theirs was enchanting.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nousha For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (01-25-2019),Pinecone (01-25-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by nousha View Post
    I've been to too many, I'm a journalist and I write concert reviews. I think I've attended hundreds of concerts, from biggest names to smaller ones in different genres - from extreme metal to jazz. Only pop music is a bit left behind.
    A short list would be (and there are many more):
    Metallica
    Iron Maiden (twice)
    Depeche Mode (x3)
    Nick Cave (x3, his concerts are in-cre-di-ble)
    Paul McCartney
    Rolling Stones
    U2
    Roger Waters (from Pink Floyd)
    David Gilmour (from Pink Floyd)
    Slayer
    Anthrax
    Rammstein
    Bon Jovi
    Sting
    Axl Rose/Guns'n'Roses
    Tom Jones
    George Michael (RIP, one of the best concerts I've seen)
    Kylie Minogue
    Eros Ramazzotti
    Elton John
    Kreator
    Vader
    Katatonia
    30 Seconds to Mars
    Prodigy
    Jean Michel Jarre
    Papa Roach
    Cradle of Filth
    Faith No More
    Serj Tankian
    Moby
    Korn
    Robbie Williams
    Sade
    Dimmu Borgir
    Deep Purple
    DIO
    Tarja Turunen
    Manowar
    Megadeth
    Black Sabbath
    Eric Clapton
    Judas Priest
    Sabbaton
    Tiamat
    Godsmack
    Scorpions
    WASP
    Apocalyptica
    Blackmore's Night
    Zucchero
    Smokie
    Dream Theater
    Helloween
    Placebo
    Marillion
    Soulfly
    Crematory
    Jethro Tull
    Laibach
    Ministry
    Jag Panzer
    Paradise Lost
    Accept
    Kraftwerk
    Duran Duran
    Simply Red
    Napalm Death
    Twisted Sister
    Testament
    Foreigner
    Marilyn Manson
    Type O Negative
    Europe
    Nile
    Lenny Kravitz
    Mark Knopfler
    Clawfinger
    Anathema
    Bob Dylan
    AC/DC
    Dark Tranquility
    Roxette
    Sinead O'Connor
    Pain of Salvation
    Iced Earth
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    God Is an Astronaut
    Alan Parson's Project
    Hypocrisy
    Enter Shikari
    Asia
    Biohazard
    2Cellos
    Aerosmith
    Whitesnake
    Toto
    Evanescence
    At the Gates
    Therion
    Phil Collins
    Celine Dion
    You. I want your job.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Ooh this will be a fun thing to list, let's see if I can remember them all, I went to every gig I could from when I was 14 to when I was 25, and still try to most of the time!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    14d 23h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbox View Post
    You. I want your job.
    Once I tell you what the pay is, it becomes a lot less desirable Also, the moment the concert ends you get home and start writing, and sometimes the inspiration just doesn't come you way During the concert you have to take notes, I insist on compiling accurate setlist of the evening as the band doesn't always follow the previously prepared setlist. You have to do your homework beforehand, know the names of the musicians (sometimes there are changes and you just can't find the name of that new hairy guy on the bass), previous albums, current album, the band's history, it's current state, the place it holds into its genre, try to judge the sound in the hall/arena/stadium from different places, the interaction with the audience, the shape of the musicians/vocals, the performance, are they bored/tired/excited, is the public welcoming, does the public like the new songs, are there any technical glitches, is there energy in the room, what's the atmosphere, try to avoid cliches when writing and insert some witty and funny remarks here and there to catch the reader's attention. I love my job (it's actually one of several I have) but every single time after a concert I envy the photographer (although I know their job isn't easy as well) and I promise myself this will be the last time I do it for work. Next time I'll pay the ticket and I'll enjoy myself, I say. This particular "next time" hasn't come yet, I've been doing this since 2004.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nousha For This Useful Post:

Fishbox (01-25-2019)