Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What is your state's staple food?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    I looked for it too lol I didn't find anything. I meant too like that is one thing like the Taylor ham and pork roll debate. People say it doesn't exist but I live in it

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
    LOL I forgot that was a thing entirely!!!
    I remember the governer talking to Stephen Colbert convincing him that Central Jersey is real!

You probably live so close to where I was then.....being that the state is 20 minutes wide. xD I miss the beaches. The beaches in Seattle are trash!
    Send me yuengling ;.; ahaha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by seranymm View Post
    LOL I forgot that was a thing entirely!!!
    I remember the governer talking to Stephen Colbert convincing him that Central Jersey is real!

You probably live so close to where I was then.....being that the state is 20 minutes wide. xD I miss the beaches. The beaches in Seattle are trash!
    Send me yuengling ;.; ahaha
    lol love the state is alot bigger than 20 minutes wide. Pt. Pleasant is about an hour away from me. Also I got so excited about pork roll that I forgot to answer about the rest.. fries and vinegar is something I tried for the first time a few years ago and I was like OK I SEE YOU, I eat it when it's available but I do prefer regular fries to those. Jersey mike's are everywhere, including PA, but they are not the same. I went to the one in PA all excited and there was barely any meat on the sandwich it was all veggies pretty much. IMPOSTERS!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    lol love the state is alot bigger than 20 minutes wide. Pt. Pleasant is about an hour away from me. Also I got so excited about pork roll that I forgot to answer about the rest.. fries and vinegar is something I tried for the first time a few years ago and I was like OK I SEE YOU, I eat it when it's available but I do prefer regular fries to those. Jersey mike's are everywhere, including PA, but they are not the same. I went to the one in PA all excited and there was barely any meat on the sandwich it was all veggies pretty much. IMPOSTERS!
    Yessss the ones here are the same! Their sandwiches are so weak. I come for the free birthday sub and that is it!

It feels like 20 minutes wide in comparison to Washington though! I remember being able to get anywhere relatively quickly, and the tristate area being whatever, but Seattle is literally in the middle of nowhere. You have to drive for hours and hours to get to anything else at all! lol This place is a bubble!
    It is totally understandable to get so excited about pork roll! hehe whenever malt vinegar is available for fries especially I dive for it, but I like to have other condiments on the side as well. People here look at me like I am nuts though. Ohhhh god you should have seen when I first came here, ok I do not talk with my hands anymore, I never thought I would beat it out of myself but here it is, I did it, because Seattleites would literally back away from me in terror. The bulk of these people, with few exceptions are the most mild people I have ever encountered. Also I never thought people in Jersey actually had an accent growing up but now when I call my family I am shocked at how they sound hahaha. I still bother the hell out of people when I say "draw" instead of "drawer". It is nice to talk to someone from the homestead. People always ask me about Snookie when they hear about where I'm from ;_; and they think the whole thing is like, a factory, when we have such beautiful farmland and stuff down south, and Cape May, and pretty beaches. There is a reason it is called The Garden State!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by seranymm View Post
    Yessss the ones here are the same! Their sandwiches are so weak. I come for the free birthday sub and that is it!

It feels like 20 minutes wide in comparison to Washington though! I remember being able to get anywhere relatively quickly, and the tristate area being whatever, but Seattle is literally in the middle of nowhere. You have to drive for hours and hours to get to anything else at all! lol This place is a bubble!
    It is totally understandable to get so excited about pork roll! hehe whenever malt vinegar is available for fries especially I dive for it, but I like to have other condiments on the side as well. People here look at me like I am nuts though. Ohhhh god you should have seen when I first came here, ok I do not talk with my hands anymore, I never thought I would beat it out of myself but here it is, I did it, because Seattleites would literally back away from me in terror. The bulk of these people, with few exceptions are the most mild people I have ever encountered. Also I never thought people in Jersey actually had an accent growing up but now when I call my family I am shocked at how they sound hahaha. I still bother the hell out of people when I say "draw" instead of "drawer". It is nice to talk to someone from the homestead. People always ask me about Snookie when they hear about where I'm from ;_; and they think the whole thing is like, a factory, when we have such beautiful farmland and stuff down south, and Cape May, and pretty beaches. There is a reason it is called The Garden State!
    I have a ridiculous amount of pride for my home. I get happy when people tell me I have an accent! Damn right I do JERSEY REPRESENT. I always just follow their question of where I'm from with "and no, I do not gym, tan, laundry. No one from Jersey is even remotely like that." because I lose respect for people who ask that. They will ask me to say jersey words all the time when I moved to PA. I worked at a store and they would try repeatedly to get me to say "wooder" and "count my draw" they think it's hilarious. I seriously love this place with all my heart, but it is WAY too expensive to live here, to the point where you need a roommate. That's the only thing I hate.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have a ridiculous amount of pride for my home. I get happy when people tell me I have an accent! Damn right I do JERSEY REPRESENT. I always just follow their question of where I'm from with "and no, I do not gym, tan, laundry. No one from Jersey is even remotely like that." because I lose respect for people who ask that. They will ask me to say jersey words all the time when I moved to PA. I worked at a store and they would try repeatedly to get me to say "wooder" and "count my draw" they think it's hilarious. I seriously love this place with all my heart, but it is WAY too expensive to live here, to the point where you need a roommate. That's the only thing I hate.
    It is the same here. I have 4 roommates besides me in a 3 bedroom house =') $2700 a month + $600 in utilities for all of us lol.

Oh god, I lived in Florida for a while and all the time and they would mock the way I said Florida and forests they are like "FLOE-RIDA" "FOE-REST" because I said Flahrda essentially and fahrest lol. People here say "Don" and "Lon" when they mean "Dawn" and "Lawn" too. I'm sorry, that is just one special case where we say it right and these people are insane. aw makes an AWWWWW sound, not an AHHH. I think the accent is mostly gone from me save for a few words. People used to tell me all the time that I had an accent but now I almost never hear anyone say that, so I assume it has changed except for some select words. P

eople are absolutely ignorant when it comes to us. They seem to think that we have that cheesy Brooklyn accent that doesn't even hardly exist anymore except in jest "Joysey." I had a huge argument with my husband about that at one point, him trying to explain to me that the New York and New Jersey accent are totally different and that people from New Jersey say "Joysey" as an example. They think we are all spray tanned guidos (bless my stepsister, she is) but it is hardly any of us lol. Oh and anywhere I go people are like "What exist were you off of? hyuck hyuck hyuck"

Philly is tolerable, they might not be our people but they are still OUR PEOPLE. Some things about Seattle are great, but the people here are sensitive as all hell.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    lol literally have never heard any person ever refer to here as "Joysey". That is infuriating.