Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever met IRL with someone you met on neopets or clraik?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Bitch View Post
    I don't know that story at all :o
    TNP (TheNeoPlace) was one of the old cheating forums, back in the mid 00s. I joined up there and made a number of friends, including one of the co-owners, Blake. From our chats on the forum, we ended up moving onto playing MMOs together and skyping for hours and hours per day. You know, just one of those really easy friendships where banter flows well. Anyway, we sustained this friendship for years. Both being poor uni students, meeting irl was a pipedream (he was in the US, I was in Aus). As such, as much as we liked each other, we dated people in our own countries.

Cut to 2014, when we both have a little more financial independence. He decides to come out for a month to visit for my birthday, which also aligned with a musical I was directing. I'm socially awkward, but after literally hundreds of hours of talking to him figured that the real life meet wouldn't be awkward. I was right. We got along just as well in person as we did online. Turns out he'd brought his grandmother's ring with him, just in case things went as well as he'd hoped. Before that first week in Australia was finished, he'd confirmed his feelings. We were quickly engaged.

After his trip was up, he went back to the States for a couple of weeks to tie up his business over there. He returned to Aus in Nov '14, we got married in April '15, bought our first house in Sept '15, had Eevee in June '16, had Jayce in July '18 and just bought a bigger house for our family. It's one of those situations where life just somehow came together in just the right way, despite the unlikeliness of it all.

2. The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (11-04-2018),appleholic (11-15-2018),Botan (11-04-2018),Charlie (11-04-2018),Cinnamoroll (11-10-2018),Clefairy (01-22-2019),Corliss (11-05-2018),Drizzy (11-04-2018),Fell (11-05-2018),Fiore (11-05-2018),Forever (11-06-2018),Gato (11-05-2018),Goddammit (11-04-2018),Gremlin (11-05-2018),Guil (11-05-2018),hannua (11-06-2018),Jacky (11-05-2018),LadyMoon (11-05-2018),Maelstra (11-07-2018),Malarkey (11-04-2018),morpheme (11-04-2018),Motts (11-05-2018),Patamon (11-06-2018),pinkpain (11-04-2018),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (11-05-2018),rabbitfires (11-05-2018),RealisticError (11-04-2018),Sharkie (01-22-2019),Shockz (11-08-2018),skelekitten (11-15-2018),SpongeBob (11-05-2018),Styx (11-04-2018),Swedish Fish (11-05-2018),tatnoob (11-04-2018),Witch (11-04-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    TNP (TheNeoPlace) was one of the old cheating forums, back in the mid 00s. I joined up there and made a number of friends, including one of the co-owners, Blake. From our chats on the forum, we ended up moving onto playing MMOs together and skyping for hours and hours per day. You know, just one of those really easy friendships where banter flows well. Anyway, we sustained this friendship for years. Both being poor uni students, meeting irl was a pipedream (he was in the US, I was in Aus). As such, as much as we liked each other, we dated people in our own countries.

Cut to 2014, when we both have a little more financial independence. He decides to come out for a month to visit for my birthday, which also aligned with a musical I was directing. I'm socially awkward, but after literally hundreds of hours of talking to him figured that the real life meet wouldn't be awkward. I was right. We got along just as well in person as we did online. Turns out he'd brought his grandmother's ring with him, just in case things went as well as he'd hoped. Before that first week in Australia was finished, he'd confirmed his feelings. We were quickly engaged.

After his trip was up, he went back to the States for a couple of weeks to tie up his business over there. He returned to Aus in Nov '14, we got married in April '15, bought our first house in Sept '15, had Eevee in June '16, had Jayce in July '18 and just bought a bigger house for our family. It's one of those situations where life just somehow came together in just the right way, despite the unlikeliness of it all.
    Thats a really sweet story! thanks for sharing

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RealisticError For This Useful Post:

pinkpain (11-04-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I haven't. I really don't have any NF's because I don't often go on the forums and I play on and off. I wish I did though.

I love all of these stories and I have met so many people online. I have lots of friends locally from a FF forum, my ex husband I met there and moved to England and he moved here and my current partner I met on Twitter and am moving to the US for once I finish uni! The joys of the internet.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I met quite a few people from gaminggutter, darkztar, and zombies. Nobody from clraik yet tho.
    My gf of seven years is from GG lmao <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    I studied with one of my neofriends a few years ago but other than that nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    Nah, it would be cool tho
    imagine trashtalking the PCers irl, that would be fun

I feel like there's quite a few brazilian users, clraik meetup when?? I feel like no one else is from rio tho

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 42m
    Quote Originally Posted by lagrima View Post
    I feel like there's quite a few brazilian users, clraik meetup when?? I feel like no one else is from rio tho
    I have family in Rio so I visit every now and then, but I'm from waaay up north

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    40d 15h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

Hope you guys are doing well. I was a mod on TNP (Stephen) and still occasionally keep in touch with Dez. Swar (Archon) and Casey live close to me and we keep in touch in social media as well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawking For This Useful Post:

Maelstra (11-07-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    I think I've met maybe 15-20 people from cK/Neo in total
    I met a couple of people in Australia before I moved but mostly the people I've met have been in the States
    Most of those people were at my wedding too!

Dibs on the movie rights

Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    I met @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links)

Drizzy took an unflattering picture of me at 3 am

|2eap crashed at my place for the night on his drive back home

Oh, I guess I met @(you need an account to see links) too

And I got a list of others I'ma fly out and see
    it's the best photo anyones ever taken of you cunt dont lie

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Witch (11-04-2018)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzy View Post
    I think I've met maybe 15-20 people from cK/Neo in total
    I met a couple of people in Australia before I moved but mostly the people I've met have been in the States
    Most of those people were at my wedding too!

Dibs on the movie rights

it's the best photo anyones ever taken of you cunt dont lie
    Bro fuck off

We both know that picture of us don't even come close to that picture of me with Morgan Freeman

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    I have family in Rio so I visit every now and then, but I'm from waaay up north
    Aw man that's so far away :c i have never been up north except for a couple of times but it wasn't thaaat far up it was like natal and stuff