Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is Jair Bolsonaro, the new brazilian president, and why should everyone be worried about him.

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by oken View Post
    (you need an account to see links)
    Look at this @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links)

and have you guys saw? the 'sede' from ibama and ICMBio were burned down today
    Oh, yeah, I think that is it, I actually don't know my grandmother's birth, but I'm p sure she's from the 50s or 60s, and I mean, since then it's been all women on that lineage.

And OMG I didn't even start reading the news today but WTF

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

So the demonstration on campus is going to have a counter demonstration and I can tell this will go south real quick. The professors passed around the warning that if things got violent, they would call the riot police....

So I'm staying home today.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Attention Whore View Post
    Oh, yeah, I think that is it, I actually don't know my grandmother's birth, but I'm p sure she's from the 50s or 60s, and I mean, since then it's been all women on that lineage.

And OMG I didn't even start reading the news today but WTF

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

So the demonstration on campus is going to have a counter demonstration and I can tell this will go south real quick. The professors passed around the warning that if things got violent, they would call the riot police....

So I'm staying home today.
    i'd advise you to stay at home as well, too much violence going on and if you are able to stay and protect yourself, do it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (10-29-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    Some of the things you posted are completely untrue or taken out of context.
    For example the video you linked about the wage gap thing (that I still think is a blatant lie, never once have I been paid less than my male coworkers) he said "Eu n�o pagaria com MENOS sal�rio" (just listen to the "S" sound), which means "I wouldn't hire them with LESS pay", the opposite of what you're saying. And then he was interrupted before he could continue.

Yeah, sorry, no. He said "MESMO", n�o "MENOS". And let's remember when he was (you need an account to see links)? He confirmed that yes, that what he said, and then passed the blame of that towards the woman for not taking action themselves.
    Now, I did my best to come up with phrases that weren't untrue or out of context, If you could point the ones that are to me so that I can edit the post so the information I provided is actually true, I'd appreciate it
    I'm not trying to be condescending or anything, it's a genuine request, I just never saw anything that would sugest that any of these afirmations are untrue or taken out of context.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oken View Post
    Look at this @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links)

and have you guys saw? the 'sede' from ibama and ICMBio were burned down today
    Nice to know! I have every right to dual citizenship I've always wanted one just to be able to travel more easily, and who knows, maybe it'll come in handy now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrBurbage For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (10-29-2018)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBurbage View Post
    Yeah, sorry, no. He said "MESMO", n�o "MENOS". And let's remember when he was (you need an account to see links)? He confirmed that yes, that what he said, and then passed the blame of that towards the woman for not taking action themselves.
    Now, I did my best to come up with phrases that weren't untrue or out of context, If you could point the ones that are to me so that I can edit the post so the information I provided is actually true, I'd appreciate it
    I'm not trying to be condescending or anything, it's a genuine request, I just never saw anything that would sugest that any of these afirmations are untrue or taken out of context.[COLOR="Silver"]
    I hear "menos" clearly because there's no "s" in the middle of the word
    What Bolsonaro said on JN is that the State can't mess with private business which happens to be the opposite of fascism. I don't see where he's saying that he agrees with that, honestly.
    He adds if a woman is being paid less than a man who performs the same function in her workplace, then she should go to the MP. That's all I hear him saying

"Vamos fuzilar a petralhada aqui no Acre" - Did you really take this literally? If so, you're fishing for reasons
    "Women shouldn't have the same salary because they get pregnant" - No, (you need an account to see links)
    "You don't deserve to be raped" - Right after she called him a rapist, -- and don't forget that the fight started because she was defending Champinha. The underage rapist that violently raped, tortured and dismembered 16 year old Liana Friedenbach. -- Back to Bolsonaro: That was his attempt at humilliation, look at his body language and listen to his tone
    "My son wouldn't date a black woman, he was well educated" - (you need an account to see links), it was actually a question about one of his kids being gay (hence the "promiscuity" part of his answer, because Preta Gil is bissexual). It's still quite offensive because he implies that being gay is a lack of education, but I thought that you might want to correct it anyway.
    ex-KKK leader, David Duke, said "he sounds like us" - While this is true, I think you're being unfair ((you need an account to see links)). he said the same thing about Trump when he was running for POTUS. And he's an EX KKK member, how can he still imply Bolsonaro "sounds like them"? Makes me think that if he still has relation to that group, then he shouldn't be a politician in the US.
    What I mean about being unfair is, if I said the same thing about you as he said to Bolsonaro and Trump, would you think it's fair for people to take my word as the absolute truth?

I haven't read yet about the most extensive articles about IBAMA, environmental questions and the Paris agreement, so I'll not talk about those.
    The others that I haven't cited are correct, though I have my doubts about Ustra I don't really know how to search for reputable sources about stuff that happened during the military government, because as you know they burned a lot of records about the tortured communists, and what we have now are oral reports from said guerrilla members.
    Last edited by Cybun; 10-29-2018 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Clarification

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cybun For This Useful Post:

Menine (10-29-2018),pinguim (10-30-2018),Synth Salazzle (10-30-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    I hear "menos" clearly because there's no "s" in the middle of the word
    What Bolsonaro said on JN is that the State can't mess with private business which happens to be the opposite of fascism. I don't see where he's saying that he agrees with that, honestly.
    He adds if a woman is being paid less than a man who performs the same function in her workplace, then she should go to the MP. That's all I hear him saying

"Vamos fuzilar a petralhada aqui no Acre" - Did you really take this literally? If so, you're fishing for reasons
    "Women shouldn't have the same salary because they get pregnant" - No, (you need an account to see links)
    "You don't deserve to be raped" - Right after she called him a rapist, -- and don't forget that the fight started because she was defending Champinha. The underage rapist that violently raped, tortured and dismembered 16 year old Liana Friedenbach. -- Back to Bolsonaro: That was his attempt at humilliation, look at his body language and listen to his tone
    "My son wouldn't date a black woman, he was well educated" - (you need an account to see links), it was actually a question about one of his kids being gay (hence the "promiscuity" part of his answer, because Preta Gil is bissexual). It's still quite offensive because he implies that being gay is a lack of education, but I thought that you might want to correct it anyway.
    ex-KKK leader, David Duke, said "he sounds like us" - While this is true, I think you're being unfair ((you need an account to see links)). he said the same thing about Trump when he was running for POTUS. And he's an EX KKK member, how can he still imply Bolsonaro "sounds like them"? Makes me think that if he still has relation to that group, then he shouldn't be a politician in the US.
    What I mean about being unfair is, if I said the same thing about you as he said to Bolsonaro and Trump, would you think it's fair for people to take my word as the absolute truth?

I haven't read yet about the most extensive articles about IBAMA, environmental questions and the Paris agreement, so I'll not talk about those.
    The others that I haven't cited are correct, though I have my doubts about Ustra I don't really know how to search for reputable sources about stuff that happened during the military government, because as you know they burned a lot of records about the tortured communists, and what we have now are oral reports from said guerrilla members.

I never said anything about fascism. While he does have some very disturbing views, borderlining on that, I don't think he is quite there yet. What would we call Mussolini's "government" if we were to call Bolsonaro a fascist. While his views on woman wages being up to the employer, a neo-liberal point of view on the matter, are(you need an account to see links) (and, to some degree, inconstitutional), he is right about saying that woman that do it should pursue legal action. The point that I was making is that he actually believe that this should be true, everything that he said to Renata proves that.

"Vamos fuzilar a petralhada aqui no Acre": No, I didn't take this literally. But really, saying that with a machine gun in your hands doesn't feel like a pretty shitty thing to do?

As Maria do Ros�rio said, she denies having defended Champinha. What she actually did was to hold a position against the reduction of criminal penal age (does this makes sense in english? lol) from 18 to 16 years, and just happens that the Champinha case, with him having 16 at the time, was used as a beacon for that effect. (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links) (I would only consider source 1, since source 2 and 3 can be a little biased). Unfortunatelly I could not find any sources to her statement on the law, but let's remember: he was (you need an account to see links) to pay moral damages to her because of that. In Brazilian law there's a principle of "injust provocation of the victim" (injusta provoca��o da v�tima), and "mutual moral injuries", that exclude from the case any possibility of being convicted. If she had really done that, as he claims, our judicial system would have exonerated him from this case. And let's remember: even if she did, he still said that.

Regarding the CQC interview, I really didn't know about this interview that you linked! Unfortunatelly we would have to take his word for it and even the alternative isn't really a nice thing.

David Duke wasn't really referring to the KKK, he said that in his radio show, referring to Bolsonaro's extreme "nationalistic" views, praising his european descent. You can hear the whole show (you need an account to see links), it's the 10-09-18 one. I edited the first post to reflect that as it could be misinterpreted.

About Ustra, yeah, it's kind of hard to get really reliable information about that period. There's (you need an account to see links) about Ustra in the "Truth Comitee" about the dictatorship. And also our ex-president Dilma talked in detail about her experiences with the men. Unfortunatelly, there's noevidence of any that she said, but we know (you need an account to see links) as there are documents proving that.