Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the absolute worst day of your life so far?

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

What was the absolute worst day of your life so far?

Bonus points if it's something we can laugh at.

Edit: I should clarify, I'm looking to laugh at things like "I ripped my pants in public, or I shit my pants in front of my partner." If it's something actually traumatic I wouldn't laugh about that, and would offer my support. I'm not a monster.
    Last edited by Synth Salazzle; 12-02-2018 at 02:24 AM.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

sugarsneak (06-08-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    @(you need an account to see links), you keep making these super personal topics but are not starting the ball rolling by sharing your own experiences. I call bullshit on that.

My worst 24 hours (across two days) is not going to be one to make you laugh. I drove 10 hours to visit my parents during school holidays in 2013. I arrived, was greeted like normal. My dad says he'll cook steak for dinner (my favourite) and heads off. He never comes back. After a while, I can tell that something is wrong. I end up getting the truth out of my mum- he met someone on Facebook Scrabble and had started an affair. He had told mum of this hours before I arrived, and told her that if she said anything to me about it, he'd divorce her, but if she kept her mouth shut they could repair the marriage. The next day, I hear from him. Not directly though; he has his brother text me instead to say that he's leaving mum and that he waited for my trip so that I could be there for her and my sister. He'd lied to mum about being willing to repair the marriage simply because he didn't want to have to face me knowing the truth, and was trying to manipulate her into silence. The brother was also told to pass on that it was being my mother was "a whore" and that he'd "always known that my sister wasn't his." My sister who, from the age of 13, had been his undisputed favourite? Sure.

So yeah. Selfish bastard completely ruined my trip by forcing me to be the rock for my emotionally devastated and broken mother and be the one to tell my sister his claim. Some of you may remember me saying in the past how he was also an alcoholic, gambling, drug-addict. It was the cherry on top of a train-wreck of a father. He's dead now, so there's a happy end to the story.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    My dad's suicide. I'd prefer you don't laugh at it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Bacchus, I'm sorry you were forced to go through such an awful experience.
    Misha, I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm willing to open up and share a personal experience, but as Misha wrote - I'd prefer if you didn't laugh at this ...

When you are chronically ill, it's hard to keep friends. A lot of people drift away because you are no longer fun to be around and can't go out and do things anymore. Seeing someone who used to be super active and healthy who now is walking with a cane, wearing oxygen tubing, etc forces people to confront their own mortality and it's just too uncomfortable for some people - so they drift away. Loved ones will tell you those who act this way "weren't your true friends" if they aren't willing to be with you through bad times, which is accurate, but it still hurts.
    Through all of these losses of friendship, there's always your pets. They remind you of the true meaning of unconditional love. You may be having a low-oxygen day and laying in bed, but your cats will come by to cuddle. You may be feeling so weak you can't make it up the stairs to get to bed, and your python will crawl up near your shoulder and sleep. You're too exhausted to get out of the recliner, but your dog will bring you a tennis ball 147 times for you to toss, and even if it's just across the room he think it's the most awesome game in the world.
    I love and cherish my pets dearly.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Purrina For This Useful Post:

babzy (11-17-2018),kittyray (12-22-2018),pinkpain (12-15-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    18d 14h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    not really a story nor funny but when I fractured both of my hips in the army and could hardly move without being in pain
    worst part is that sitting would only relieve me for a bit and then they’d hurt just as badly

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Ouch :/ I wouldn't laugh at any of these. I'm sorry for all of the things you've gone through.

@(you need an account to see links)

I like being somewhat of an enigma people don't know too well. But I like getting to know all of you better, you're great people.

I might mention mine at some point but sadly it's not a laughable one either.
    Last edited by Synth Salazzle; 10-13-2018 at 02:10 PM.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    TW: suicide mention

Last edited by Mr. 49; 10-14-2018 at 04:15 AM. Reason: removed information that could out me

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Witnessing a family member's psychotic episode for the first time, with no idea what was going on. We thought it was meth or something. Nope, just bipolar psychosis fueled by adderall (the last thing a manic person needs). It was so scary to see someone you love lose all touch with reality and even get violent. This family member wasn't even diagnosed until the next psychotic episode about six months later.

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    The day my husband told me out of the blue he wanted a divorce. Also found out that I'm pregnant with his kid. So thats fun.