Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Climate Change, Chinese Hoax or Impending Apocolypse?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8d 1h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    To be completely fair, climate change has been happening for a long time. It is not a boogeyman or a hoax, like some people claim. But it is not a complete disaster, like some people assume. Climate change is a completely natural occurance, though the reason why it has been brought up so strongly is that the actions of humanity (namely pollution, industrialization etc.) has speeded up this occurance during the time of our development as a species. Yes, we are the reason the ozone layer has gotten thinner and that the climate has started shifting faster, but the natural occurance itself is.. well.. as has been said, natural.
    People tend to overexaggerate the speed of climate change, thus making it seem like it hasn't happened yet, which is completely untrue. Climate change has happened in the past for numerous times, and it will happen again. The question then is, how fast will it happen? This is something that has been debated, as it's really hard to tell how much "time" do we have left until we reach the next ice age, in example.

In a sense it is not a hoax or anything unnatural, but in another point of view, it can end up dangerous for the human kind. It is something that's impossible to fight, as it is inevitable. But what we can do is to slow it down, instead of speeding it up as mankind has been doing for a good while now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Piggybacking on your point: a lot of people tend to misconstrue weather as climate when weather =/= climate. I have seen people use weather occurrences as examples of climate change in action and as examples contradicting the existence of climate change.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    You all have some valid points, but why has no one brought up the inherent eroticism of the sea?? Contrapoints references aside, what terrifies me the most about climate change is the thought of mango worms, botflies, and other creepy crawlies expanding their territory. We're already seeing the spread of mosquito borne illness like malaria and Zika. I don't want to have bugs pupating inside my skin!!