Quote Originally Posted by ohboy View Post
I understand climate change being a chinese hoax is a blatant crazy conspiracy theory to us, but people really don't think anything is happening.

tl;dr Chinese hoax is a direct quote from our POTUS on the subject matter we are 'debating' in this topic hence why it was used in the title. Other than that I agree with you wholeheartedly. [COLOR="Silver"]
Ah, I see. I just hate anyone repeating that man because it spreads his nonsense and people will believe a contrarian no matter how ridiculous it is.

I'm with you -- it definitely can, and likely will without direct action IMMEDIATELY, hit a point where it's too late to return. We are already seeing drastic changes to environments -- rising sea levels affecting coastal areas, more vivid weather patterns and more strong storms... not to mention, once all the trash and air pollution is all out there, it's significantly harder to remove than to prevent.

US policymakers already assume it's too late and refuse to do anything, but I think that ties more into not wanting to lose out on money and wanting to continue to exploit anybody and anything they can. They'll make up ridiculous things like a plastic straw ban and have everyone feeling good as if they did something. Big corps LOVE to make it seem like it's up to individuals to reduce emissions - "hey, good job for carpooling!" "be sure to separate your papers and your plastics!" "eat our product with less packaging!" while avoiding the fact that it's a very small handful of people that are fully responsible for the damages done to our planet.