9/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Guide to Buying and Selling

I've seen a lot of new users popping up to buy and sell their FR goods, so I thought I'd write a little guide on how to do so in the safest way you can!
    Remember, any illegit act carries a risk of getting banned. All you can do is minimize your chances!

Trading in General:
    Scamming is unfortunately always going to be an issue. If you are scammed, do report the user.
    If someone is contacting you through skype or discord to do a deal, make sure that you know their clraik username, should things go bad.
    Using a Middleman is the safest way to trade, but will cost you convenience, especially if MM are few and far between. Keep this in mind!
    The user with the lower feedback score should send first in most situations if you are not using a MM - pay attention to account age, number of trade reviews, and overall positive score.
    When in doubt, seek out a middleman!

Guide to Buying:
    Our lovely market is a great way to acquire goods for a steep discount. But you must avoid getting banned and wasting your money!
    If your account is very new, stick to buying non-suspicious things like treasure and gems. Kickstarter items and low digit dragons will attract unwanted attention to your account!
    If you do acquire suspicious goods, lay low and do not flaunt them until your account has aged and been built up.
    A good way to play without this worry is to purchase an older account to use as a side or as your main! Accounts from 2013-2015 should raise little concern.
    If you are multi-accounting, it's a good idea to use a proxy and do not interact with your main much.
    Saying someone gifted you your stuff might raise suspicion or even jealousy, so maybe avoid that excuse if you can.

Guide to Selling:

You will not get top dollar for your gems or items, because there is no point in the black market if it costed the same as what FR charges for their gems. Pay attention to what rate others are using - this ranges from 1$:300-1$:600 most of the time.
    Supply and demand will affect gem rates. Lots of sellers = lots of gems = lower prices. Fewer gems = higher prices. Choose when you want to sell accordingly for max profit.
    It is a good idea to distribute your inventory should one account get banned. Do not put all your eggs in one basket. Have a few spare accounts and use a proxy service!
    You should consider whether you want to publicly list your gem rate/prices. Buyers appreciate convenience of knowing how much something will cost outright, but it is easier to keep up with competition if you keep these things unlisted.
    Do NOT use 1-way CRs. The records keep forever. As of right now, the safest way to send things is through PMs, where both parties can delete them. Dragons should be sent via private auction.
    Like I stated above, gifting is not the greatest excuse to send stuff.

I hope this is helpful and I apologize if some of the stuff is common sense! Stay safe and have fun trading!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sucyshroom For This Useful Post:

astral (09-13-2018),Bowsette (09-17-2018),casperillion (09-17-2018),Dot (09-13-2018),dungeondragon (07-08-2019),grotesque (09-18-2018),PabstBlueRibbon (09-13-2018),RealisticError (09-13-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Personally my preferred excuses are commissions, its something the site supports and there isn't one price for art so it (potentially, ive never needed to explain anything) makes a solid cover. All you need to do is have something to show if questions get asked which i think is worth it in the long run