Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you buy UC pets/pets to trade for UC and be Ice proof? (hahaha...)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    6d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Can you buy UC pets/pets to trade for UC and be Ice proof? (hahaha...)

Deleting :p
    Last edited by Anni; 09-25-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    48d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I don't believe there is a freeze-proof method for buying UCs, unfortunately. You are at a much higher risk if you go on the PC as well. I would recommend buying a very secure, non-PC known pet and avoiding all of the boards for a long while. The gift method is okay as long as you don't go around telling people your friend gifted you, they will get suspicious. I would just have the pet transferred to your account (from a reputable seller), avoid the boards, and play normally. Don't put some weird story on the pet's lookup and don't try to explain yourself. Just avoid people in general. You can buy legit UCs but if they are PC known there is a chance that people stalk them.

Also I wouldn't recommend buying a RW/RN, people stalk those like crazy. Just buy the UC you want so there is no trading involved and lay low. The new thing lately is people report the pets they trade for to check if they are legit, so just don't try to trade imo.

In general, you will not be frozen just for having a UC sent to your account (unless it's stolen from an active account, which wouldn't happen if you buy here). What gets you frozen is suspicious people who see the pet and report, so that is why avoiding the boards is best.
    Last edited by Arabella; 09-07-2018 at 01:44 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arabella For This Useful Post:

Kyle (09-07-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    314d 12h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    Definitely avoid the pound chat for a while if you do this. And make sure the pet isn't your active pet for the neoboards. A PC known pet is actually more dangerous since they are stalked. So sadly there isn't a 100% full proof UC method as of yet.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    6d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    But if you actually know the person who has the pet on here or something, then if it came to it they could vouch for you?
    Wahhhh. Ok good advice though guys.

So lets say I get a T5 pet that is exactly what I want gifted to me... and then I just put it on my main (honestly a side would seem suspicious, no...?) and post about it once in my guild... and then move on to not mention it again for a while. I mean I can't not say something in my guild, those people would notice... but none of them are the UC snob types, you know? Like they aren't the type who stalk pets on the PC or anything.... It seems like I would have to find someone on here who legit plays and has the exact pet I want and will sell it to me and then vouch for me if TNT ever got involved?
    And they would need to be not-so-active on the PC as well.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    314d 12h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    But if you actually know the person who has the pet on here or something, then if it came to it they could vouch for you?
    Wahhhh. Ok good advice though guys.

So lets say I get a T5 pet that is exactly what I want gifted to me... and then I just put it on my main (honestly a side would seem suspicious, no...?) and post about it once in my guild... and then move on to not mention it again for a while. I mean I can't not say something in my guild, those people would notice... but none of them are the UC snob types, you know? Like they aren't the type who stalk pets on the PC or anything.... It seems like I would have to find someone on here who legit plays and has the exact pet I want and will sell it to me and then vouch for me if TNT ever got involved?
    And they would need to be not-so-active on the PC as well.
    See the thing with the "gifted" method is it seems to make some people more suspicious. This poor person on Neopets Nation got iced for actually getting gifted an UC because the person was quitting and some salty asshole reported her. TNT probably has a flag for reports so they ice and ask questions later.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    48d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I don't know your guildmates or particular situation, but I'd be very cautious with telling a bunch of people. Putting a pet on a side is actually the way that I usually do it. Have it sit on a side for months to a year, then eventually move it to my main. Don't make it my active pet, don't mention it to anyone, just leave it. If you must be active on the PC, be very cautious. Having it on your side is the safest way to make sure it's secure and people don't notice it right away. If you aren't buying high tier it won't be as risky, but people are super nosy and seek out UCs to report.

That's just my experience though, others might have different advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantruma View Post
    See the thing with the "gifted" method is it seems to make some people more suspicious. This poor person on Neopets Nation got iced for actually getting gifted an UC because the person was quitting and some salty asshole reported her. TNT probably has a flag for reports so they ice and ask questions later.
    And yes, this. Whenever someone comes around telling stories about getting gifted, their friend quit, etc. I just think it makes them look guilty. 9 times out of 10 those people who come on the PC or wherever trying to explain themselves with some story get frozen. I've seen it a lot.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    6d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Ughhhh. But they have been very efficient with tickets and un-freezing accounts lately it seems.... I mean that's just ridiculous. If I'm gifted a pet even legit, I could get frozen?
    Like, was that recently?

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arabella View Post
    I don't know your guildmates or particular situation, but I'd be very cautious with telling a bunch of people. Putting a pet on a side is actually the way that I usually do it. Have it sit on a side for months to a year, then eventually move it to my main. Don't make it my active pet, don't mention it to anyone, just leave it. If you must be active on the PC, be very cautious. Having it on your side is the safest way to make sure it's secure and people don't notice it right away. If you aren't buying high tier it won't be as risky, but people are super nosy and seek out UCs to report.

That's just my experience though, others might have different advice.
    But see my guild members are all on the PC..... though most of them don't even own an UC pet.... and they all know I want a certain pet.... my accounts are all linked. So if a month later someone sees that I got said pet, and it's been on my side, and I didn't tell anyone..... isn't that MORE suspicious? Than just having it on my main and stopping posting on the PC, but tell my guild members ONCE and then don't talk about it again? I would also prefer to buy one that is just DN/WN so it isn't QUITE as alarming....

I definitely appreciate the advice, I am just trying to talk through all the avenues right now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    314d 12h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    Was this week. Just don't advertise the damn thing. I know people love showing off but you just can't do that with unconverteds. You never know who could be a salty fuck.

I don't do the side account thing but some people do. It's really just your own preference.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    6d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Was this week. Just don't advertise the damn thing. I know people love showing off but you just can't do that with unconverteds. You never know who could be a salty fuck.

I don't do the side account thing but some people do. It's really just your own preference.
    Yeah I would not advertise at all ^.^; lmao. I just feel like it would be weirder to not post on my guild, than to actually do it..... But after getting it would seriously not post on the PC again for 6months to a year. My account with another UC would not be suspicious at all, to anyone but a complete stalker.
    I would stick to the avatar chat or literally only chat in my guild, and not have the new UC as my active.
    But now my issue is finding someone on here with a legit UC that is exactly the one I want and who wants to sell it.

I mean I would pay a premium (VWN price) for this pet, even with a DN.... just to do it the absolute safest way possible and have the seller on board.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    48d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    If you trust your guildmates and feel you need to tell them, that is of course up to you. There's no absolute right way to handle it, but avoiding the PC is a must. Unless someone reports you, you shouldn't have any issues. Just be aware there is always a risk, so buying a pet will never be 100% safe.