Thread: New to the game, have some questions.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m

New to the game, have some questions.

I've been looking at this game for a while now and it seems pretty rad, so I want to dive in and play but I was wondering if y'all could answer some questions:

1. Are the devs like TNT in the way they interact with the community? (re: Trash)
    2. Are the community of this game anything like the PC in Neopets? eg. If I was to buy a 3 digit ID (I've heard they're special?) dragon on a newbie account, would I be reported and banned?
    3. Are there ways to increase the speed of hatching dragons? or is it always 5 days?

Thank y'all for the help

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I find the staff to be super awesome at fr, one reason I am super happy I switched. Like I have zero complaints for staff just bc I compare them to TNT and they are 1 million times better lol

Idk how report happy people are, but I will always be paranoid after neo. A 3 digit on a new account seems super sus to me, if I was you I would take it slow because rather safe than sorry. A cool thing about FR is that it's not like neo where it's impossible to get good stuff unless have been playing for years. You can get a pretty dope account even as a new player and it's really fun honestly. Economy is more like the black market where you can trade anything for anything (I used to have to trade NC for UCs here but on fr trading items for dragons is part of the game, no dumb segregated markets for no reason) I prefer not to cheat for the most part just because I don't have to and I find it more fun just making money myself at the game. You can also buy in game currency for USD legitly so there isn't necessarily a need to cheat, unless you want a better ratio of USD to currency (which is a good enough reason in itself). I would say try just getting it going yourself, the one thing I would try to buy is a level 25 bc that is pretty necessary for making money. Then in a couple months you could probs just say your friend gifted you the 3 digit no problem.

You can buy a boon of fertility which hatches the nest immediately but it costs like $3 equivalent iirc

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you to Monsters for this beautiful gif. <3 (It died with tinypic, press F)
    @Andrew 15!!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Clair View Post
    I find the staff to be super awesome at fr, one reason I am super happy I switched. Like I have zero complaints for staff just bc I compare them to TNT and they are 1 million times better lol

Idk how report happy people are, but I will always be paranoid after neo. A 3 digit on a new account seems super sus to me, if I was you I would take it slow because rather safe than sorry. A cool thing about FR is that it's not like neo where it's impossible to get good stuff unless have been playing for years. You can get a pretty dope account even as a new player and it's really fun honestly. Economy is more like the black market where you can trade anything for anything (I used to have to trade NC for UCs here but on fr trading items for dragons is part of the game, no dumb segregated markets for no reason) I prefer not to cheat for the most part just because I don't have to and I find it more fun just making money myself at the game. You can also buy in game currency for USD legitly so there isn't necessarily a need to cheat, unless you want a better ratio of USD to currency (which is a good enough reason in itself). I would say try just getting it going yourself, the one thing I would try to buy is a level 25 bc that is pretty necessary for making money. Then in a couple months you could probs just say your friend gifted you the 3 digit no problem.

You can buy a boon of fertility which hatches the nest immediately but it costs like $3 equivalent iirc
    Cool, that sounds awesome to me

Do you mean a level 25 dragon? I'm thinking about buying some gems but the rates from the official site are so much lower than the rates on here I don't know if I could justify it

ew, that's too much for me at least the option is there, thanks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Yeah level 25 dragon also it is important that it must have eliminate! You can usually find one for ~500 gems no problem or if you lurk around I have found them for 300 gems fully stoned usually at auction. Which is less than the boon of fertility even and infinitely more useful.
    Google the Culex guide and make sure yours is statted as a "Mire Flyer" and you can make hella money exalting leveled dragons. I watched a video on youtube of how to do the coliseum but once you get the hang of it it's super chill and easily, I usually do it on the side while I watch twitch or netflix.
    Also pro tip if you keep an eye out for dominance raffles you can send your dragons in for the same price you would get exalting them and get free tickets on top. So you basically get all the same money anyway plus a chance at sometimes really nice/expensive items for free. Join the Dom Watch pinglist if you can, they keep you updated on all the raffle stuff.

This brings me to another reason why FR is way better than neo (in my opinion) which is flight dominance. Basically you can become an important member of your flight's community through dominance efforts which is a great way to make friendships and work together. On neo it is just every man for himself, and even if there are cool people, I definitely felt like people were a lot more out for themselves and willing to stab you in the back. On FR there is a lot of camaraderie in the flights and if you are new people will give you stuff for free, some will even sell discounted level 25s or lend you theirs until you can train your own, so definitely keep an eye out for that. There's sort of a culture of generosity in a way, especially within your flight, like patriotism? idk it's a super cool implementation for the game whoever thought of it that I think makes it way better.

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you to Monsters for this beautiful gif. <3 (It died with tinypic, press F)
    @Andrew 15!!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m

This does sound a lot better than Neopets, at least more like Neo was back in the early 2000's, everyone was way more friendly then (or I was way younger and didn't pick up on the drama, either way.)

I'll look into these mire flyers and see if someone is willing to sell me a high levelled dragon too, thanks for the help

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    If you're going to go the cheating route, especially on a new account, try to keep things realistic looking and don't draw attention to yourself. I wouldn't buy kickstarter items or a 3 digit until your account has like settled in. Alternatively, you can buy another side account that is older and won't cause any suspicion - just be careful about multi accounting if you do that!

Flight Rising is constantly updating in ways that aren't just cash grabs like Neopets did. The community is pretty PC tho, especially on offsite discussion places. If you draw too much attention to yourself as a rich newbie you may be gossiped about.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Thanks for the tips, I'm not a fan of the PC attitude of a lot of online gamers, but if users really want to gossip about me, I'm fine with it as long as they just think I'm someone who bought up huge amounts of gems onsite and used them to pay for things